Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonah 00:58 - Mar 22 with 9511 viewsFrog

I've only seen him on FLS show highlights but he never seems to be involved in anything positive, just running about and seemingly off the pace. Sad to say, but glad he's not a Dale player this season.
Jonah on 09:46 - Mar 24 with 1458 viewsdingdangblue

Jonah on 09:35 - Mar 24 by EllGazzell

You're still struggling to grasp the root of this aren't you! Your beak was shoved in somewhere with a sarcastic tone, not a contrary opinion, that's why I took to pick you up on it (not an outburst).

"Erm, I would imagine that playing for Dale would have to be a definite condition for them to be a Dale legend! ...............if not can I pick Lionel Messi?"

There are many other opinions on this thread that are counter to mine, I did not react to them did I?

Don't try to play the "it's a message board and I'm entitled to my opinion" card, that's not the way you entered into this thread is it?

You're right on all counts of message board freedom etc.

Sorry I don't play card's.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jonah on 11:05 - Mar 24 with 1408 viewsD_Alien

Jonah on 21:52 - Mar 23 by R17ALE

I remember asking a really old fan what Reg was like and he said he played in the style of Rooney but with a shot like Bobby Charlton!

I'm sure he was exaggerating, but even so, it's a wonderful myth. Or is it true?

More like Lambert than Rooney, but not a bad call!

He was built like a tank and impossible to knock off the ball. Everything he did was measured if a bit on the slow side, but given the state of the pitches and the rain-sodden balls used back in the day made him the ideal front man. Nothing ever phased him, and he took some horrendous stick from big thick centre halves.

A better footballer than many gave him credit for. I'd say his shot was possibly even harder than Charlton's but more hit and miss. When hit, it stayed hit even after the opposition had kicked off again - in the memory of those who saw it.

[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 11:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jonah on 12:35 - Mar 24 with 1342 viewsParkinsGimp

Jonah on 09:20 - Mar 23 by JimmyRustler

Didn't he threaten to score an own goal if we didn't let him go to Barnsley?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 11:13]

Definitely said he would never play for this S""T club again if you dont let me go to baarnsley. He also stopped a lot of good footballers progress in our team, by being the big I am and Mr Rochdale.
I remember we couldnt allow Alex Russell back because of him...now they are a class apart. I thought he was a rugby union player the amount of times he kicked to touch.
He had 2 and a bit good seasons in over 10 years at the club.
Couldnt tackle for toffee. and defo coward if crunched early.
Jonah on 12:38 - Mar 24 with 1326 viewsTVOS1907

Jonah on 12:35 - Mar 24 by ParkinsGimp

Definitely said he would never play for this S""T club again if you dont let me go to baarnsley. He also stopped a lot of good footballers progress in our team, by being the big I am and Mr Rochdale.
I remember we couldnt allow Alex Russell back because of him...now they are a class apart. I thought he was a rugby union player the amount of times he kicked to touch.

As usual, complete and utter garbage.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jonah on 12:58 - Mar 24 with 1293 viewsKenBoon

He had 2 and a bit good seasons, yet couldn't pass, tackle and was a coward? Were we just especially crap during those seasons or was he carried by better player(s)?
Jonah on 13:22 - Mar 24 with 1230 viewsD_Alien

Jonah on 12:58 - Mar 24 by KenBoon

He had 2 and a bit good seasons, yet couldn't pass, tackle and was a coward? Were we just especially crap during those seasons or was he carried by better player(s)?

I wouldn't dignify the post with a response.

Makes you wonder what he sees when he looks in the bathroom mirror. Not a happy person, I'd say.

Jonah on 13:58 - Mar 24 with 1195 viewsDorsetDale

Jonah on 19:12 - Mar 23 by D_Alien

Wittgenstein would be all over that like a rash

In all honesty, you were the one I expected to be "all over" it

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Jonah on 14:00 - Mar 24 with 1191 viewsD_Alien

Jonah on 13:58 - Mar 24 by DorsetDale

In all honesty, you were the one I expected to be "all over" it

I just wanted to reference Wittgenstein and Jonah in the same thread.

The former thought it was all over; for the latter, it is now.

Login to get fewer ads

Jonah on 14:02 - Mar 24 with 1187 viewsDorsetDale

Jonah on 19:39 - Mar 23 by EllGazzell

Bloody hell Chaff, at this rate we'll all be legends!

You do put forward a much more coherent argument than many SHOUT YOU DOWNS on here but I stand by my assertion that G Jones was an average player who scored good penalties... probably cos he used his pincers to squeeze the ball so it pinged off at a right velocity 😉

I'm with swerving Dorset mervin on this one.

Wrong man EllGazzell, although we did meet many moons ago. I'm Mervyn's co-pilot, or at least used to be. Not heard from him this season and no response from emails. Mebbe he's reading this.........

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Jonah on 14:52 - Mar 24 with 1159 viewsEllGazzell

Jonah on 14:02 - Mar 24 by DorsetDale

Wrong man EllGazzell, although we did meet many moons ago. I'm Mervyn's co-pilot, or at least used to be. Not heard from him this season and no response from emails. Mebbe he's reading this.........

Wow, bloody hell, I always read your posts assumed as Merv.

Last time I saw him was when I was back for Christmas and we played Leeds in the cup.

Many moons ago must be plenty then, over 10 since we met?

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Jonah on 14:57 - Mar 24 with 1148 viewsaleanddale

wow

what a load of tripe... sorry PG you are way off the mark.
Jonah on 15:12 - Mar 24 with 1135 viewsEllGazzell

Jonah on 09:46 - Mar 24 by dingdangblue

Sorry I don't play card's.

Well that's me told

Jonah on 15:49 - Mar 24 with 1112 viewsDorsetDale

Jonah on 14:52 - Mar 24 by EllGazzell

Wow, bloody hell, I always read your posts assumed as Merv.

Last time I saw him was when I was back for Christmas and we played Leeds in the cup.

Many moons ago must be plenty then, over 10 since we met?

Probably a bit less than 10 years ago.
I was in Prague 10 years ago this june and remember you going out there sometime after and thinking "jammy get, all those gorgeous czeck women"

That Leeds game was last time I saw Merv as well I think.

Jonah on 16:21 - Mar 24 with 1083 viewsEllGazzell

Jonah on 15:49 - Mar 24 by DorsetDale

I was in Prague 10 years ago this june and remember you going out there sometime after and thinking "jammy get, all those gorgeous czeck women"

Hahaha - Gorgeous Czech women, I gotta admit, you do notice it more when you've been away for a while, usually 2 weeks+ away does it.

Rocked up here 7 years ago, ended up single 2 later, had 4 years filling my boots and looking at settling down again now... With a lovely girl who fits right in your analysis of the place :)

Unashamedly a "jammy get"

Were you at the Leeds game with Merv then? I kinda stood with Tony (kept moving about a bit to actually see the game) but remember Merv popping up behind me for a while and had a chance for a brief "how you doing".

Jonah on 16:31 - Mar 24 with 1066 viewsTommoRAFC

Jonah on 15:49 - Mar 24 by DorsetDale

Definitely a jammy get, the standard of women in Prague is beyond words. Of all the holidays I've been on, Prague is the only place I definitely have to go back to.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Jonah on 18:28 - Mar 24 with 1005 viewsDorsetDale

Jonah on 16:21 - Mar 24 by EllGazzell

Hahaha - Gorgeous Czech women, I gotta admit, you do notice it more when you've been away for a while, usually 2 weeks+ away does it.

Rocked up here 7 years ago, ended up single 2 later, had 4 years filling my boots and looking at settling down again now... With a lovely girl who fits right in your analysis of the place :)

Unashamedly a "jammy get"

Were you at the Leeds game with Merv then? I kinda stood with Tony (kept moving about a bit to actually see the game) but remember Merv popping up behind me for a while and had a chance for a brief "how you doing".

I was further to the left of the net with another mate

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024