Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly speaks 14:59 - Mar 6 with 6609 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-we-wont-take-anything-for-granted

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly speaks on 23:41 - Mar 6 with 1864 viewsD_Alien

Hilly speaks on 19:44 - Mar 6 by TalkingSutty

It's the reporters job to create a headline and when our manager hands it to him on a plate why should the reporter worry about investigating the outburst, it could dilute his headline.

Hilly will always portray to the media that the glass is half empty at little old Rochdale, it's like he is doing us all a favour.There will always be a problem and I have my own thoughts why he does it, which I will keep to myself because I might be wrong.

Pretty odd really, because when he first took over the reigns he was completely the opposite.

You have your thoughts TS, and I'd guess they're something along the lines of

Edited. Just too f*cking incendiary.

[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 23:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly speaks on 00:35 - Mar 7 with 1780 viewsJimmyRustler

I will forvever love and respect KH for what he's done but the guy is a complete prick.
Hilly speaks on 01:03 - Mar 7 with 1761 viewsbazingadale

Hilly speaks on 19:44 - Mar 6 by TalkingSutty

It's the reporters job to create a headline and when our manager hands it to him on a plate why should the reporter worry about investigating the outburst, it could dilute his headline.

Hilly will always portray to the media that the glass is half empty at little old Rochdale, it's like he is doing us all a favour.There will always be a problem and I have my own thoughts why he does it, which I will keep to myself because I might be wrong.

What's your theory you can't just say that and leave us wondering
Hilly speaks on 06:16 - Mar 7 with 1694 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly speaks on 01:03 - Mar 7 by bazingadale

What's your theory you can't just say that and leave us wondering

On Tuesday we won 4-0 and even then Hill can't be happy and resorts to suggesting EVERYBODY in the 1900 home crowd expected us to win 8-0, what the hell is he talking about. He speaks about us as though we are all bloody idiots. How to deter fans from attending games.

He then has a dig at the club itself about it being flat and no atmosphere and I tend to agree with him on that point, but the After match press conference isn't the time to start addressing it.Then he says how he is de energised and only his players can pick him up, which I translate as him being p*ssed off.

Hill has done great at Rochdale and rebuilt his stock but let's remember he was out of work when we re-appointed him and like a lot of other managers could have easily drifted down the pecking order. He isn't doing the club a favour and never has done, we employ him and I would suggest he is on very good wages and it's his job to produce results.Telling the world that he is de energised after a 4-0 win is a slap in the face to his employers.

Tuesday was a shocker, it was freezing cold and those that did turn up certainly dindnt deserve to listen to our own manager deriding their efforts for no reason, it wasn't needed.

I think the manager is frustrated that nobody as come knocking on the door for him so uses the media to portray his unrest at the club, like a 'Come and get me' plea. Like I said, I could be completely wrong but I am really struggling to understand why Hill keeps choosing these moments after a resounding win to say what he does and that's my only explanation, either that or he's lost the plot. We all have a bit of expectation or we wouldn't go to the game, but come on...8-0!!

He's created a 'us and them' situation between the club and the fans and its unhealthy and uncalled for but that's what we are left with. It's like he is going out of his way to constantly insult the fans and all this expectation claptrap is just that, claptrap!!

Stop media interviews Hilly and just let Beechy do them, problem solved.
Hilly speaks on 08:53 - Mar 7 with 1623 views442Dale

What is difficult to understand is that he could still have spoke about the players energising him all week in training and really emphasised how much he enjoys working with them and the interview would have been fantastically positive. Mentioning any negatives were completely unnecessary. It will achieve nothing.

Those same casual fans would have read an article where the manager is praising his players for inspiring him every day and thought "I might go and watch that lot today, they're obviously doing something right up at Spotland".

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly speaks on 08:53 - Mar 7 with 1622 viewsR17ALE

Hilly speaks on 06:16 - Mar 7 by TalkingSutty

On Tuesday we won 4-0 and even then Hill can't be happy and resorts to suggesting EVERYBODY in the 1900 home crowd expected us to win 8-0, what the hell is he talking about. He speaks about us as though we are all bloody idiots. How to deter fans from attending games.

He then has a dig at the club itself about it being flat and no atmosphere and I tend to agree with him on that point, but the After match press conference isn't the time to start addressing it.Then he says how he is de energised and only his players can pick him up, which I translate as him being p*ssed off.

Hill has done great at Rochdale and rebuilt his stock but let's remember he was out of work when we re-appointed him and like a lot of other managers could have easily drifted down the pecking order. He isn't doing the club a favour and never has done, we employ him and I would suggest he is on very good wages and it's his job to produce results.Telling the world that he is de energised after a 4-0 win is a slap in the face to his employers.

Tuesday was a shocker, it was freezing cold and those that did turn up certainly dindnt deserve to listen to our own manager deriding their efforts for no reason, it wasn't needed.

I think the manager is frustrated that nobody as come knocking on the door for him so uses the media to portray his unrest at the club, like a 'Come and get me' plea. Like I said, I could be completely wrong but I am really struggling to understand why Hill keeps choosing these moments after a resounding win to say what he does and that's my only explanation, either that or he's lost the plot. We all have a bit of expectation or we wouldn't go to the game, but come on...8-0!!

He's created a 'us and them' situation between the club and the fans and its unhealthy and uncalled for but that's what we are left with. It's like he is going out of his way to constantly insult the fans and all this expectation claptrap is just that, claptrap!!

The 3 year contract extension he signed renders a large part of your post irrelevant.

He wasn't having a go at the 1991. He was clumsily trying to say there should be a bigger crowd on....that's how I interpreted it.

Jesus, some fans are too precious. I do agree, we hire him, pay him well etc. but this is football, it's not as black and white as that. There is emotion and commitment required which aren't in the job description.

Hill gives us that in spades and then a few moan claiming they feel insulted.

I remember our worst Manager, G Barrow, conducting an interview in 1999, where he said practically the same things... "who motivates the motivator" was the gist of it. No-one batted an eyelid, so why when Hill makes similar remarks do one or two get tetchy?

Seriously, some fans need to man up.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hilly speaks on 09:06 - Mar 7 with 1592 views442Dale

Hilly speaks on 08:53 - Mar 7 by R17ALE

The 3 year contract extension he signed renders a large part of your post irrelevant.

He wasn't having a go at the 1991. He was clumsily trying to say there should be a bigger crowd on....that's how I interpreted it.

Jesus, some fans are too precious. I do agree, we hire him, pay him well etc. but this is football, it's not as black and white as that. There is emotion and commitment required which aren't in the job description.

I remember our worst Manager, G Barrow, conducting an interview in 1999, where he said practically the same things... "who motivates the motivator" was the gist of it. No-one batted an eyelid, so why when Hill makes similar remarks do one or two get tetchy?

Except he doesn't insult me. I just think it portrays the club in a negative light for little reason. If it didn't we wouldn't be discussing it.

It's boring and repetitive to mention the expectation of fans, and while it may have been aimed at the size of the crowd then clarify that so it isn't left open to interpretation. Turn it into a positive and he can still make his point "we have fantastically loyal fans but these players who fill me with energy deserve a bigger audience, so we'll be doing all we can as a club to get more through the gates."

The point about saying things clumsily can apply to anyone in football, so maybe sometimes it's best not to return to the same subjects so often.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly speaks on 09:34 - Mar 7 with 1548 viewsBlueMessiah

Hilly speaks on 06:16 - Mar 7 by TalkingSutty

I honestly don't think there's anything so sinister behind it.

I suspect after his experience at Barnsley he is frightened to manage at a higher level, what with all the expectation, comments from the sidelines and message board managers that would come with a bigger club, especially if things don't go well, I think he realises he wont be able to handle it. I think he's probably more than happy here now, particularly given the remuneration "package" he's now on, guaranteed until 2017. It was about "Keith Hill" last time round, its about "Keith Hill" now and I suspect always will be.

My own thoughts are that he's merely a bit thick. His interviews are littered with contradictions, his use of the "clever" words he occasionally likes to employ are often completely inappropriate and doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - empty vessels and all that.

He should either let Beechy do the talking, say something positive or just say nothing.

Lets not forget Hilly is an ex-footballer, albeit a slightly more intelligent one than the norm, but everything is relative!

Poll: Do I Know You?

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly speaks on 09:46 - Mar 7 with 1534 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly speaks on 09:34 - Mar 7 by BlueMessiah

I honestly don't think there's anything so sinister behind it.

I suspect after his experience at Barnsley he is frightened to manage at a higher level, what with all the expectation, comments from the sidelines and message board managers that would come with a bigger club, especially if things don't go well, I think he realises he wont be able to handle it. I think he's probably more than happy here now, particularly given the remuneration "package" he's now on, guaranteed until 2017. It was about "Keith Hill" last time round, its about "Keith Hill" now and I suspect always will be.

My own thoughts are that he's merely a bit thick. His interviews are littered with contradictions, his use of the "clever" words he occasionally likes to employ are often completely inappropriate and doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - empty vessels and all that.

He should either let Beechy do the talking, say something positive or just say nothing.

Lets not forget Hilly is an ex-footballer, albeit a slightly more intelligent one than the norm, but everything is relative!

A better post than mine. Trying to explain his comments isn't easy. He has a good job and is given a free rein. He earns good money and is doing something that he enjoys, that's utopia for the majority of people.

Sometimes you can take things for granted and don't appreciate what you have. As a club things don't run like clockwork but having CD as your boss and overall a very patient fan base cant be that bad, can it ??
Hilly speaks on 09:56 - Mar 7 with 1519 viewsTalkingSutty

Well if you are naive enough to think signing a 3 three year contract means anything then crack on with it.

We are in the business of trying to attract fans through the gate and the managers constant sniping at the paying customer doesn't help one bit.

You are a man who purports to be Commercially switched on, i thought you might have seen that one. I think its Hill who needs to man up, he's the one who is throwing the toys around. Thanks for the advice anyway.
Hilly speaks on 10:12 - Mar 7 with 1492 viewssweetcorn

OMFGZZZZZ HILL BETTER SORT HIMSELF OUT SAYING STUPID THINGS, HOW CAN HE NOT BE ENERGISED WITH THAT FAT WEDGE WE ARE PAYING HIM.

AND TO CALL THE FANS, HOW DARE YOU.

I'M GONNA GO EAT MY MILK AND HUSK NOW

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hilly speaks on 10:17 - Mar 7 with 1478 viewsdingdangblue

Regarding the crowd, we had the same amount of home fans against Sheff Utd - only Crewe failed to bring the 1900 fans Sheffield brought - we lost, we then lost albeit harshly against Bristol City last Saturday - now if Hilly thinks that the crowds are going to come flocking to Spotland on a cold, wet, Tuesday night against Crewe on the back of 2 defeats and during a run of 1 win in 5 games then he's going to be disappointed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly speaks on 10:33 - Mar 7 with 1441 viewsR17ALE

Hilly speaks on 09:56 - Mar 7 by TalkingSutty

Well if you are naive enough to think signing a 3 three year contract means anything then crack on with it.

We are in the business of trying to attract fans through the gate and the managers constant sniping at the paying customer doesn't help one bit.

You are a man who purports to be Commercially switched on, i thought you might have seen that one. I think its Hill who needs to man up, he's the one who is throwing the toys around. Thanks for the advice anyway.

You're welcome!!

And I agree with you that commercially his comments are clumsy, but certainly not insulting as has been suggested.

He's probably feeling frustrated at a poor crowd - perhaps Pale Dale has been ribbing him?

And I do think him signing a 3 year deal means something. It demonstrates he's happy to be here, although we all know at some point he'll pop up somewhere else.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hilly speaks on 10:44 - Mar 7 with 1427 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly speaks on 10:33 - Mar 7 by R17ALE

You're welcome!!

And I agree with you that commercially his comments are clumsy, but certainly not insulting as has been suggested.

He's probably feeling frustrated at a poor crowd - perhaps Pale Dale has been ribbing him?

And I do think him signing a 3 year deal means something. It demonstrates he's happy to be here, although we all know at some point he'll pop up somewhere else.

Sometimes 3 year deals mean financial payouts when the manager gets the sack, they are always worth signing and always benefit the manager.
When the manager wants to leave he leaves, the contract he signed wont even cross his mind.It doesn't even mean the manager is happy to be at the club these days.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 10:46]
Hilly speaks on 10:48 - Mar 7 with 1411 viewsjustanillusion

Hilly speaks on 00:35 - Mar 7 by JimmyRustler

I will forvever love and respect KH for what he's done but the guy is a complete prick.

Hilly speaks on 10:55 - Mar 7 with 1320 viewspioneer

If he did say "we are doing all we can to increase attendences" he would be telling a bigger porky than jonny 'spitting image' Evans. Instead he should be saying 'we are doing sweet FA to increase attendence'

I think this is him putting out his buisness card for clubs looking for a manager. He seems to forget he wasnt much in demand last time because of his loose lip and ego. Thats why he ended up in that hell hole across the border.
Hilly speaks on 11:37 - Mar 7 with 1272 viewsTVOS1907

From today's Observer:

"I am not one of those who will expect to turn up and win 8-0 - not like the 1,192* we had on Tuesday night." (* their figure)

How is that NOT having a go at the people who were there against Crewe?

I'm not as offended by Hill's comments as TS as it's become too repetitive now to have an impact, but he really does need an Alastair Campbell type person to put more positive spin on his post-match comments, especially after such an impressive performance and result.

It may also be of benefit if he was challenged more in his interviews so at least we could understand the thought process behind his comments.

The fact there is so much divided opinion on this thread can't be healthy.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly speaks on 11:41 - Mar 7 with 1262 viewstazzydjr

Hilly speaks on 11:37 - Mar 7 by TVOS1907

From today's Observer:

"I am not one of those who will expect to turn up and win 8-0 - not like the 1,192* we had on Tuesday night." (* their figure)

How is that NOT having a go at the people who were there against Crewe?

I'm not as offended by Hill's comments as TS as it's become too repetitive now to have an impact, but he really does need an Alastair Campbell type person to put more positive spin on his post-match comments, especially after such an impressive performance and result.

It may also be of benefit if he was challenged more in his interviews so at least we could understand the thought process behind his comments.

The fact there is so much divided opinion on this thread can't be healthy.

I think that comment is a dig at the board for not taking advantage of the gold mine during the fa cup and keeping promotions going for the fans who attended these sort of fixtures from Northampton right up till Stoke

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Hilly speaks on 11:46 - Mar 7 with 1245 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly speaks on 11:41 - Mar 7 by tazzydjr

I think that comment is a dig at the board for not taking advantage of the gold mine during the fa cup and keeping promotions going for the fans who attended these sort of fixtures from Northampton right up till Stoke

Which Northampton game, Taz?

Hilly speaks on 11:49 - Mar 7 with 1239 viewstazzydjr

Hilly speaks on 11:46 - Mar 7 by TVOS1907

Which Northampton game, Taz?

the one at spotland this season

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Hilly speaks on 11:50 - Mar 7 with 1234 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly speaks on 11:49 - Mar 7 by tazzydjr

the one at spotland this season

Ah, cheers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024