Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beard Gone 16:01 - Feb 13 with 12041 viewsimustbemad

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/philip-beard-qpr-ceo-resigns-loftus-road-22689

It's a WOW from me
Beard Gone on 17:04 - Feb 13 with 2792 viewsLblock

Just a thought....

Decent CEO down the road at the Bee's.... a certain Mark Devlin.
If he pitches up watch the market tumble on Warburton as next manager... plenty of bread on that

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Beard Gone on 17:09 - Feb 13 with 2762 viewsCanadaRanger

Beard Gone on 17:04 - Feb 13 by Lblock

Just a thought....

If he pitches up watch the market tumble on Warburton as next manager... plenty of bread on that

Devlin was good. I thought he was treated very badly.

Some concerns about ticket prices at the time?
Beard Gone on 17:10 - Feb 13 with 2759 viewsW5R

Beard Gone on 17:04 - Feb 13 by Lblock

Just a thought....

He runs a corner shop, we are a Tesco (with the financial turmoil and lack of customer confidence thrown in.) We have ambitions to be a Waitrose.

Going from selling ciggies, papers and six for a fiver deals on cans of Stella to running something major and international would be a step up for him (or anyone associated with that hovel of inbreds in Hounslow)

No thanks. If we are going to do this properly, then lets do it blooming properly.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 17:12]
Beard Gone on 17:14 - Feb 13 with 2727 viewsElHoop

Sounds like good news to me too.

A very good week for QPR.
Beard Gone on 17:17 - Feb 13 with 2708 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beard Gone on 17:00 - Feb 13 by Nov77

Just need Tony to hand over the reigns now to somebody who can devote 100% of his time and effort to the club. Been saying it for ages, we can't have a part time chairman who spends the majority of his time abroad focusing on other business interests

Do we? Isn't that the point of the CEO and our new director of football? Don't most football chairmen have other going concerns?

Bare bones.

Beard Gone on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 2690 viewskensalriser

Must have been some strong smelling salts to bring you around after that news, Lblock!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Beard Gone on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 2635 viewsbosh67

He hasn't been a great communicator but he has made a lot of things possible for the club. The Nike deal, other major sponsors, even Charlie's deal here.

He was brought in long term to oversee the new stadium area thing and the Old Oak development because of his background with the O2 Arena etc.

With that not happening and other sponsorships sorted long term he probably feels he's a bit of a spare wheel now. Plus to be honest these types of guys don't hang about when a certain amount of things either happen or don't in terms of longer term investment projects.

I would imagine he's off to another project that is happening in terms of building and entertainment.

I think it is a bit unfair to have a right go at him because I think he has copped the blame for a lot of things that managers persuaded him they needed.

I went to the event the day after we won promotion and anyone who tells me that it didn't mean anything to him is deluded. He said that was the proudest day of his career so far.

That said, getting someone in who is focussed on the team, the product on the pitch and getting that right is definitely the right move.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 17:32]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Beard Gone on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 2630 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No loss.

Of course there's an argument that he was exactly what the owners wanted. If he was then his replacement will be cut from the same cloth. If their priorities are Old Oak and the billions to be made there and the establishment of a 'brand' the next CEO will reflect that. So, I'll wait for the replacement's CV and early performance before celebrating too loudly.

What do we know about Devlin? is he a realistic target?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Beard Gone on 17:33 - Feb 13 with 2620 viewsFredManRave

Beard Gone on 17:31 - Feb 13 by BrianMcCarthy

No loss.

Of course there's an argument that he was exactly what the owners wanted. If he was then his replacement will be cut from the same cloth. If their priorities are Old Oak and the billions to be made there and the establishment of a 'brand' the next CEO will reflect that. So, I'll wait for the replacement's CV and early performance before celebrating too loudly.

What do we know about Devlin? is he a realistic target?

Devlin is evens with Curbishley to take over...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Beard Gone on 17:34 - Feb 13 with 2610 viewscollegeranger

He was bought in for the move to the new stadium and having that as multi use. Probably better to have him as a consultant just on the ground rather than CEO for all operations so makes sense. It may not be the last we hear of him.
Beard Gone on 17:35 - Feb 13 with 2605 viewsHayesender

Beard Gone on 17:33 - Feb 13 by FredManRave

Devlin is evens with Curbishley to take over...

Brentford are to make an announcement on their manager on Monday.

Isn't our esteemed chairman back in the country Monday?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Beard Gone on 17:37 - Feb 13 with 2591 viewsthemodfather

thank ferk!....cheerio
hopefully a new face, with a new approach will welcome fans and engage with us !
Beard Gone on 17:42 - Feb 13 with 2572 viewsSomersetHoops

Beard was brought in because of his experience of stadium projects and I always thought our owners expected that that project would be the source of profit. The problem was Beard knew nothing about managing a football club and I doubt he ever claimed to. It was a mistaken appointment and even the stadium project looks not to be very positive. I don't know how much that is to do with Beard. It seems Beard was another of Tony's flagship appointments in an attempt to benefit the PR of Tony's Stadium plans by having the CEO of the London Olympic Stadium on board. Even that appears not to have worked and Beard's lack of football knowledge has meant that some of our more stupid signings have not had the restraining hand of someone who does upon them.

QPR over the last three years could be used as an educational tool to teach owners how not to manage a football club and I hope with all these expensive lessons under his belt Tony can show from now on how to do it well.

Who's Next?

Beard Gone on 17:56 - Feb 13 with 2511 viewsPinnerPaul

Beard Gone on 16:05 - Feb 13 by daveB

hopefully the new man puts forward a more sensible policy for the family stand but we are running out of scapegoats now he's gone

Reading Beard's quote, don't think there WILL be a new CEO.
Beard Gone on 17:59 - Feb 13 with 2500 viewsBasingstokeR

Whats Ishan Saksena doing nowadays? Still work for Amit's "Swordfish" group?
Beard Gone on 18:02 - Feb 13 with 2467 viewsLowerloftLad

That wage bill is slowly clearing up looks like there preparing for this fine if they go down

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Beard Gone on 18:10 - Feb 13 with 2431 viewsSimonJames

I've heard he's taking up a new role with CarGiant.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Beard Gone on 18:21 - Feb 13 with 2412 viewsfrancisbowles

Beard Gone on 17:56 - Feb 13 by PinnerPaul

With Les being appointed and then 'promoted' to DOF, any successor would have a much smaller role and presumably a different title.
Beard Gone on 18:23 - Feb 13 with 2407 viewsBasingstokeR

Lots of clubs outside the UK have a CEO, DOF and Manager.
Beard Gone on 18:31 - Feb 13 with 2373 viewsrrrspricey

Beard Gone on 17:56 - Feb 13 by PinnerPaul

Not sure about that PP, TF stated...
"In the short term we will continue to liaise with Phil regarding our long-term projects, ensuring a smooth transitional period prior to making a new appointment"
Beard Gone on 18:35 - Feb 13 with 2359 viewsAddinall

Beard Gone on 16:29 - Feb 13 by QPR_ARG

I feel the same way.

I feel now most fans (if not all) are really behind the team and the club and the board and the players...everyone and everything related to QPR.

It wasn't like that 2 weeks ago.

As for Beard, he did come across like a nice, professional guy, but he also looked like someone who didn't know the first thing about football.

I see him as a key part in QPR being looked at as "easy money" for incoming managers and players alike. Tony also contributed to that, but seems to be making an effort in changing that image.

Hope these changes are all for the best and that they haven't come too late.

These changes should have happened earlier. Way earlier than this. But I take them now. And I say that there's everything to play for. All together.

Your last two words say it all!Positivity!
Beard Gone on 18:42 - Feb 13 with 2325 viewsBasingstokeR

So with Beard and Caplehorn gone... Mark Donnolly staying?
Beard Gone on 19:00 - Feb 13 with 2256 viewsterryb

Beard Gone on 16:21 - Feb 13 by 1BobbyHazell

What a f **king brilliant couple of weeks!

Harry gone
1st away win
Solid caretaker appointed who does coaching, tactics and everything!
Players saying they are being told very specifically their individual and group jobs
A CEO who oversaw a 200 million pound loss in 3 years AND knew f**k all about the football world gone.

Very interesting/exciting times.

Superbly summed up!
Beard Gone on 19:01 - Feb 13 with 2252 viewsGloryHunter

I met him a few times in Directors' Box / corporate box settings. Nice bloke. Friendly. Red face. Glass of wine in hand. Nothing wrong with that - I'm usually pi$$ed when I'm at the football, myself. But I did wonder if there might be a bit of a problem in that department.
Beard Gone on 19:04 - Feb 13 with 2233 viewsPunteR

I didn't like him around the club.He seemed to love the limelight too much but was out of his depth in the football world.
He was part of what was wrong with our club .

Maybe i'm being harsh as i didn't really know what he did at our club tbh but i'm glad he's left that position.Lets hope he's helped get the ball rolling regarding the training ground /stadium.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024