Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays 15:13 - Dec 7 with 34161 viewsPlazex

Actually looks as if Sakho took fabianski down. Hope we have the card rescinded. And bloody hell 3-1 crap.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:05 - Dec 7 with 2261 viewsunion_jack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 15:51 - Dec 7 by QuakerJack

Do you honestly think that? He had a look to see if he scored. He'd have given it and sent him off.

Well yes because Foy blew before he kicked the ball so he couldn't have given it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:07 - Dec 7 with 2253 viewsmax936

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:01 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

on what basis would you have sent him off?

Irrespective of the obvious handball, there is no obligation whatsoever on a player to get out of the way if a player just runs into him which is what happened.

Fabianski didn't put his hands out, he didn't jump into him - he went out and blocked the angle which he is perfectly entitled to do. Sakho ran into him (actually with a slight push from Williams). The only reason it looked like a foul was the handball. The only possible foul was against Ash for the push - possible yellow card. The decision was incorrect.

We'll appeal that and it will get overturned, again! And we'll still have lost a chance at a point because of it.

Dear God - that was up there with the most biased commentary and match build up I have ever seen (including the BT coverage of the Man Utd match) and even they thought it wasn't a sending off, and yet we have so called Swans fans falling over themselves to justify another shocking decision because it fits with some sort of warped agenda.

Great post.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:08 - Dec 7 with 2248 viewsParlay

Irrespective of the obvious handball, there is no obligation whatsoever on a player to get out of the way if a player just runs into him which is what happened.

Fabianski didn't put his hands out, he didn't jump into him - he went out and blocked the angle which he is perfectly entitled to do. Sakho ran into him (actually with a slight push from Williams). The only reason it looked like a foul was the handball. The only possible foul was against Ash for the push - possible yellow card. The decision was incorrect.

We'll appeal that and it will get overturned, again! And we'll still have lost a chance at a point because of it.

Dear God - that was up there with the most biased commentary and match build up I have ever seen (including the BT coverage of the Man Utd match) and even they thought it wasn't a sending off, and yet we have so called Swans fans falling over themselves to justify another shocking decision because it fits with some sort of warped agenda.

On the basis he impeded Sakho when through on goal. The handball (once missed) doesnt even come into it.

Its not a matter of "moving out of the way", he was not stationary, he was running toward Sakho.

It will never be appealed i can assure you, and if we are so silly to do so then we will never win it in a million years and I will place any bet you wish on that. Anything.

(And what warped agenda would I have to simply state the obvious?)
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 16:09]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:08 - Dec 7 with 2247 viewsmonmouth

I would love it to be overturned. LOVE IT. But I'd still be astonished - and ecstatic - if we appealed and they hung Foy out to dry on this one. Unless they can actually account for the push and handball that actually allowed the player to run into Fab after handling the ball past him. Where's Matt the Jack when you need him?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:08 - Dec 7 with 2241 views3swan

Handball or not I still think no sending off as I agree that players can't just disappear into thin air.
Also think Williams had a big part to play in it as he slowed his run for a second before the collision
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:08 - Dec 7 with 2239 viewsjack247

Looks to me like Fab body checked him. You don't have to get out of someone's way, but you can't deliberately run into their path. First angle looks worse than the second.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/07/west-ham-united-striker-diafra-sakho-illegally-han

I hope I'm wrong.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:12 - Dec 7 with 2211 viewsParlay

What is this "no obligation to get out of the way" nonsense coming from? He was not stationary and was 25 yards from his goaline, he actively moved into the runners path and body checked him.

A penalty was given in last nights match for almost the same thing.

Im astonished so many are complaining about what was essentially a fantastic ref decision. I think some have become so used to blaming refs then any decision against us is disagreed with even if we have to invent what actually happened to suit our side of the story.

It was a foul and we would be screaming blue murder if it were Bony through and body-checked by the opposing keeper.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:13 - Dec 7 with 2203 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:08 - Dec 7 by Parlay

On the basis he impeded Sakho when through on goal. The handball (once missed) doesnt even come into it.

Its not a matter of "moving out of the way", he was not stationary, he was running toward Sakho.

It will never be appealed i can assure you, and if we are so silly to do so then we will never win it in a million years and I will place any bet you wish on that. Anything.

(And what warped agenda would I have to simply state the obvious?)
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 16:09]

where did he impede him?

Sakho jumped (or was pushed) into him, bounced off him (Fabianski had stopped - look at the replays - his feet are planted), and shot at goal. The ref cocked up by blowing before he should have done, cocked up by not spotting the hand ball and cocked up by sending Fabianski off.

And given that I'm not 8 years old, you'll forgive me if I don't take up the offer of a 'bet' on it.
Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:18 - Dec 7 with 2168 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:13 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

where did he impede him?

Sakho jumped (or was pushed) into him, bounced off him (Fabianski had stopped - look at the replays - his feet are planted), and shot at goal. The ref cocked up by blowing before he should have done, cocked up by not spotting the hand ball and cocked up by sending Fabianski off.

And given that I'm not 8 years old, you'll forgive me if I don't take up the offer of a 'bet' on it.

See many 8 year olds with a betting slip? Its an adult activity that has gone on for centuries. But if you are now not confident in your opinion then fair enough. I am confident in mine to the point i have no concerns about any personal loss.

Maybe when we dont appeal you will then maybe apologise for suggesting the people quoting the rules must have an agenda against Swansea. Id expect better from you.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:18 - Dec 7 with 2166 viewsItchySphincter

Can't see this being appealed or rescinded. Take the handball incident out of it and referee would've penalised the keeper every time in that situation. It was a foul by the keeper but was it a clear goalscoring opportunity? I'd argue it wasn't and maybe he could have given a yellow but to blow up for the foul is the correct decision. The handball is irrelevant.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:18 - Dec 7 with 2164 viewsLohengrin

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:13 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

where did he impede him?

You should do, love. An easy few bob there for you.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:21 - Dec 7 with 2134 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:18 - Dec 7 by ItchySphincter

Can't see this being appealed or rescinded. Take the handball incident out of it and referee would've penalised the keeper every time in that situation. It was a foul by the keeper but was it a clear goalscoring opportunity? I'd argue it wasn't and maybe he could have given a yellow but to blow up for the foul is the correct decision. The handball is irrelevant.

Spot on.

If they rescind that on the basis "it could have been a yellow... Possibly" then it undermines referees the league over.

There is about as much chance of that being over turned as there is of Bony signing for Accy Stanley in January.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:22 - Dec 7 with 2116 viewsJackfath

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:21 - Dec 7 by Parlay

Spot on.

If they rescind that on the basis "it could have been a yellow... Possibly" then it undermines referees the league over.

There is about as much chance of that being over turned as there is of Bony signing for Accy Stanley in January.

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:23 - Dec 7 with 2112 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:18 - Dec 7 by Parlay

See many 8 year olds with a betting slip? Its an adult activity that has gone on for centuries. But if you are now not confident in your opinion then fair enough. I am confident in mine to the point i have no concerns about any personal loss.

Maybe when we dont appeal you will then maybe apologise for suggesting the people quoting the rules must have an agenda against Swansea. Id expect better from you.

saying if you disagree with someone 'I'll bet you' is pretty childish don't you think?

And I am perfectly confident in my opinion.

It was a bad decision. Interesting that the rules surrounding punching a ball past 2 players aren't important to you though.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:26 - Dec 7 with 2081 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:23 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

saying if you disagree with someone 'I'll bet you' is pretty childish don't you think?

And I am perfectly confident in my opinion.

It was a bad decision. Interesting that the rules surrounding punching a ball past 2 players aren't important to you though.

Absolutely not, far more reasonable than "if you don't agree then you have an anti swansea agenda". Im offering you the chance for personal financial gain from your opinion you think is so obviously correct, you are just offering misplaced personal barbs.

How many more times can it be explained that the handball is irrelevant, it is not a reviewable decision.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:27 - Dec 7 with 2036 viewsskippyjack

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:26 - Dec 7 by Parlay

Absolutely not, far more reasonable than "if you don't agree then you have an anti swansea agenda". Im offering you the chance for personal financial gain from your opinion you think is so obviously correct, you are just offering misplaced personal barbs.

How many more times can it be explained that the handball is irrelevant, it is not a reviewable decision.

Do you agree with the refs decision?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:29 - Dec 7 with 2029 viewsDarran

I'll have fifty with you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:29 - Dec 7 with 2027 viewsShaky

Once the keeper leaves the area he becomes like a regular outfield player. In this instance he is the last man and takes out the attacker -- boom, he's gone.

As for that handball, I have looked at it at least 20 times, and if you put the 2 available angles together it looks probable it is the direct result of the push in the arm and back by Ash.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:29 - Dec 7 with 2018 viewslondonlisa2001

I'm not particularly interested in personal financial gain.

And I haven't said that the handball is reviewable.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:31 - Dec 7 with 2001 viewsParlay

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:29 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

I'm not particularly interested in personal financial gain.

And I haven't said that the handball is reviewable.

So why are you bringing that up when we are discussing appeals and overturning of the red? If you are not interested in personal financial gain may i ask you address any surplus cash from your pay-check to me. Thanks.

Forum celebrity

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:32 - Dec 7 with 1990 viewslondonlisa2001

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:27 - Dec 7 by skippyjack

Do you agree with the refs decision?

yes he does - he said it was a fantastic decision.

He is ignoring the fractionally earlier utterly s**tty decision to ignore the handball though. Seemingly because that is not 'reviewable'.
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:32 - Dec 7 with 1989 viewsDyfnant

The two of you should scrap it out

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:33 - Dec 7 with 1978 viewsDarran

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:32 - Dec 7 by Dyfnant

The two of you should scrap it out

Topless wrestling.

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:34 - Dec 7 with 1975 views3swan

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:29 - Dec 7 by Darran

I'll have fifty with you.

Is Rodney your middle name
Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:36 - Dec 7 with 1955 viewsDarran

Fabianski red card-Seen the replays on 16:34 - Dec 7 by 3swan

Is Rodney your middle name

Yes Mickey.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024