Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Riga didn't do any scouting! 19:31 - Nov 2 with 2113 viewsCashCow

I hear he went to one Prem game and that was it! Didn't let his staff go out either!
Riga didn't do any scouting! on 19:34 - Nov 2 with 2108 viewsOrmerod89

Am sure Riga didn't do a lot of things ... but of course it's all Karl Oyston's fault!!

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 19:38 - Nov 2 with 2100 viewsSTHolder

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 19:34 - Nov 2 by Ormerod89

Am sure Riga didn't do a lot of things ... but of course it's all Karl Oyston's fault!!

Having seen our squad I get the feeling he signed a lot on recommendation or Wikipedia!
Riga didn't do any scouting! on 21:06 - Nov 3 with 2030 views1953Original

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 19:38 - Nov 2 by STHolder

Having seen our squad I get the feeling he signed a lot on recommendation or Wikipedia!

Not that I'm saying he'll be the Messiah but this in itself is reassuring going forward ...

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 21:13 - Nov 3 with 2020 viewsFountain

Why the F*** would he attend a Prem game?

Have a think and then you may consider your OP and say 'Oh sh!!t, what have I said'.

slap me on the patio

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 22:14 - Nov 3 with 1979 viewsCashCow

Fountain .. because he was a Billy Big Bollox who couldn't be arsed getting out of his comfort zone and looking for new players. Am a bit sick of this Riga love in - the guy was a lazy fraud who most of the fans bought in to cos he took on Karl!
Riga didn't do any scouting! on 22:16 - Nov 3 with 1972 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Fair play to Clark but then he's a football man and if he messes this one up his CV won't look great!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 22:26 - Nov 3 with 1961 viewsFountain

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 22:14 - Nov 3 by CashCow

Fountain .. because he was a Billy Big Bollox who couldn't be arsed getting out of his comfort zone and looking for new players. Am a bit sick of this Riga love in - the guy was a lazy fraud who most of the fans bought in to cos he took on Karl!

CashCow, Riga had no chance of signing anybody that he had chosen. The evidence is there. In fact the players we have signed are all of a common theme and there's no need for me to spell it out and it's not ability that unites them.

slap me on the patio

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 22:33 - Nov 3 with 1953 viewsCashCow

Founts "Ishmael Miller says the influence of boss Jose Riga convinced him Blackpool was the place to be. The striker finally signed for the Seasiders yesterday after almost three weeks of contract talks at Bloomfield Road. He put pen to paper on a one year deal with the option of another after doubts over the future of Riga were quashed by the manager himself.

You can't tell me the likes of Zenjov, Cubero, Oriol's, Olandi, Rentmeister etc etc weren't somewhere on his 'list'? And this list if he only got Cubero off it then not a great benchmark for what we could have had!

My username hopefully reflects the contempt that I have for Oyston but I genuinely believe that Riga was bad for this club, did more harm than good and did little to try and get this group of players to do as well as they maybe could. He was a fraud and I'll stick by that (good to have a healthy debate on the subject though!)
Login to get fewer ads

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 22:36 - Nov 3 with 1941 viewsBigbrother

Can I just say how refreshing it is to read two arguments from intellectual posters that hasn't descended in to a name calling, nasty thread

Think I'm more with Fountain than Cashcow but can see both arguments.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 23:00 - Nov 3 with 1921 viewsFountain

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 22:33 - Nov 3 by CashCow

Founts "Ishmael Miller says the influence of boss Jose Riga convinced him Blackpool was the place to be. The striker finally signed for the Seasiders yesterday after almost three weeks of contract talks at Bloomfield Road. He put pen to paper on a one year deal with the option of another after doubts over the future of Riga were quashed by the manager himself.

You can't tell me the likes of Zenjov, Cubero, Oriol's, Olandi, Rentmeister etc etc weren't somewhere on his 'list'? And this list if he only got Cubero off it then not a great benchmark for what we could have had!

My username hopefully reflects the contempt that I have for Oyston but I genuinely believe that Riga was bad for this club, did more harm than good and did little to try and get this group of players to do as well as they maybe could. He was a fraud and I'll stick by that (good to have a healthy debate on the subject though!)

Cashy, Footballers hold scarfs up when they sign; call the club a sleeping giant, all sorts of media poop and that is what players are still doing.

I believe Zenjov and Cubero were the only two players on Riga's list to have signed. Now given the extraordinary low starting base of 8 to start signing just 2 is top poop.

It seems to me the transfer policy has been based on who KO will deal with and the players under their stewardship rather than the drive to sign better.That doesn't work.

Riga was not at fault imho.

slap me on the patio

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 14:54 - Nov 4 with 1794 viewswespens

There were a few things that troubled me about Riga and the fact he didn't exploit the short term loan market always worried me about him. I can't help feeling as well that he adopted too much of a scatter gun approach with his signings and we are going to be left with a dozen or so players who will play no part in what we do this season.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 18:01 - Nov 4 with 1740 viewsstraightatthewall

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 14:54 - Nov 4 by wespens

There were a few things that troubled me about Riga and the fact he didn't exploit the short term loan market always worried me about him. I can't help feeling as well that he adopted too much of a scatter gun approach with his signings and we are going to be left with a dozen or so players who will play no part in what we do this season.

What's really concerning me is that Riga initiated the Legear chase, yet he's signed after Riga has been sacked. Clearly the negative influence of Riga's scattergun recruitment policy is continuing even when he's no longer at the club.

Won't somebody rid us of this troublesome belgian.....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 18:17 - Nov 4 with 1718 viewsterminallytangerine

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 18:01 - Nov 4 by straightatthewall

What's really concerning me is that Riga initiated the Legear chase, yet he's signed after Riga has been sacked. Clearly the negative influence of Riga's scattergun recruitment policy is continuing even when he's no longer at the club.

Won't somebody rid us of this troublesome belgian.....

He hasn't played for us yet.
Riga didn't do any scouting! on 19:32 - Nov 4 with 1678 viewsMr_Brightside

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 18:17 - Nov 4 by terminallytangerine

He hasn't played for us yet.

My mate went to watch training last week as part of an auction prize (he bid £30 - that's how much people want to watch is train!) and he said that Legear was the only player to really catch his eye. Not sure why Riga didn't sign him or did KOKO ban him from signing players until he sacked him?!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 20:25 - Nov 4 with 1656 viewsTang67

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 19:32 - Nov 4 by Mr_Brightside

My mate went to watch training last week as part of an auction prize (he bid £30 - that's how much people want to watch is train!) and he said that Legear was the only player to really catch his eye. Not sure why Riga didn't sign him or did KOKO ban him from signing players until he sacked him?!

Riga was never given a chance and was at war with KO from the start so we will never know what he was capable of
Sorry still KO as the root cause of all that is wrong at BFC - in fact would ask you to name a chairman in any league worse in terms of ethics, maladministration or squandered opportunity

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 20:32 - Nov 4 with 1648 viewsWizaard

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 20:25 - Nov 4 by Tang67

Riga was never given a chance and was at war with KO from the start so we will never know what he was capable of
Sorry still KO as the root cause of all that is wrong at BFC - in fact would ask you to name a chairman in any league worse in terms of ethics, maladministration or squandered opportunity

Oyston said months ago that he didn't trust Riga's recruitment and was looking to broker a deal whereby he stuck to coaching players brought in by a chief scout type role. Clearly they never agreed who that would be, no players came in and we were stuffed.

Clark's been here less than a week and new faces are appearing. No coincidence and hopefully not too little too late.
Riga didn't do any scouting! on 21:46 - Nov 4 with 1622 viewsFountain

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 20:32 - Nov 4 by Wizaard

Oyston said months ago that he didn't trust Riga's recruitment and was looking to broker a deal whereby he stuck to coaching players brought in by a chief scout type role. Clearly they never agreed who that would be, no players came in and we were stuffed.

Clark's been here less than a week and new faces are appearing. No coincidence and hopefully not too little too late.

Who was this 'chief scout' chap? Because as far as I can see there is the manager and then there is KO, nothing in between or constructive in decision making.

Any chief scout would need to report to somebody.

slap me on the patio

Riga didn't do any scouting! on 00:03 - Nov 5 with 1559 viewsOldSkool

2 or 3 months ago, some people on this forum were continually telling us, we werent a million miles away, and the squad was better than previous years.
It was purely a matter of catching up on fitness. Aint that right Wiz?

I'm all for being positive, but until the asset strippers have gone, I'm afraid `the footballside of the business' is only heading in one direction

You get what you pay for and some of you lot, get the chairman you deserve
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024