Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Objectivity 09:51 - Oct 19 with 1178 viewsspooner

Having slept on it (poorly), am trying to put things into perspective this morning.
Selection questionable; Mendy straight in, before Mellis, Orlandi or Cwyka; Clarke preferred to Rentmeister, who was effective in the former's absence; Barkhuizen packed off to Morecambe, whilst we persist with the likes of Zenjov (too tired yesterday, apparently) and no Ranger in the squad.
The game itself has already been analysed succinctly on this and other boards, so no need to dwell (thankfully).
Was amazed by the euphoria at half-time; we had been pummelled by a team who outfought, outthought and outmanoeuvred us in every department.
However, apart from a couple of chances in the second period, our "recovery" was easily snuffed out by a team which kept its shape, was fitter and played to its strengths.
We are where we deserve to be and, whilst the criticism levelled at Jose for yesterday's shambles (how can we not be organised after another two weeks off?), is, in my view, justified, our owners must take responsibility for our overall, woeful situation.
Huddersfield has invested in its future by bringing in players able to perform at this level and are looking to "progress". Danny Ward, recently a Blackpool target, appears happier to be a bit-player for the Terriers than come to us.
The facilities in the away end yesterday put us to shame.
Staff who I encountered were pleasant and polite (take note Blackpool stewards and catering staff). I was asked, respectfully, if I would mind a pat-down search and thanked official for doing his job in a courteous, decent manner.
Lies have been told, promises broken and whilst no team has a divine right to success, all the ingredients were there for us never to have been where we now find ourselves.
With Derby and Reading to come, we should begin planning for life in League 1, by looking to recruit players who will perform well at that level.
That does not mean extending the contracts of those currently on the books, as I fear they'd be better equipped to face Accrington and Cheltenham in a couple of years.............maybe.
By the way, anyone notice the media coverage of City's new training facility?
Wait till they see ours!
Sorry to ramble on a Sunday morning, but that was a long, expensive day out and I feel Blackpool fans deserve better.
Now to the ironing!!!
Objectivity on 14:24 - Oct 19 with 1150 viewsOsbourne

I enjoyed reading your post, although enjoyed is probably the wrong word!

I cannot resist a touch of humour though.
Your predicting a win against Derby then!!!!!

One never knows in football, one never knows. I'll be in the West Stand with my fingers crossed!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024