Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atletico Madrid 21:15 - May 18 with 2463 viewsdingdangblue

Deserve a thread - amazing achievement winning the Spanish league title in a 2 team league (everyone thought). No real superstars or household names (at the start of the season) but genuine quality running right through the team - manager Diego Simeone has built a team very hard to beat who defend for their lives and Diego Costa up front has had an unbelievable season after playing 2nd fiddle to Falcao previously. Sold Torres,Aguero,Falcao and now Costa looking like being sold to Chelsea in the summer - the striking talent they've had recently has been astonishing. And a Champions League final coming up, and I wouldn't put it past them upsetting the odds and beating Real.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Atletico Madrid on 21:55 - May 18 with 2409 viewssandylaner1

QPR wage bill - £80 million

Atlético Madrid wage bill - £55 million
Atletico Madrid on 22:38 - May 18 with 2387 viewsdingdangblue

Atletico Madrid on 21:55 - May 18 by sandylaner1

QPR wage bill - £80 million

Atlético Madrid wage bill - £55 million

It was mentioned on Talksport the other day that Sevilla who won the Europa cup had 2 Championship players on loan! One from QPR and another from Reading.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Atletico Madrid on 22:44 - May 18 with 2379 viewsmr_fri_night

Thought that it was strange that Atletico, according to commentary team on sky, only had 450 fans inside the stadium. I know Spain is huge so its probably a case of fans flying to games but 450 seems very low. Does anybody know if that's what Barcelona gave them as an allocation?
Atletico Madrid on 22:58 - May 18 with 2360 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.worldsoccer.com/columnists/brian-glanville/chelsea-come-unstuck-jose-

Atletico Madrid on 01:26 - May 19 with 2313 viewslove_the_dale

Atletico Madrid on 22:44 - May 18 by mr_fri_night

Thought that it was strange that Atletico, according to commentary team on sky, only had 450 fans inside the stadium. I know Spain is huge so its probably a case of fans flying to games but 450 seems very low. Does anybody know if that's what Barcelona gave them as an allocation?

I don't have Sky, so didn't see the game, but I heard on the wireless that the Barcelona fans were very generous and sporting with their applause for Atletico Madrid at the end of the game. Their fans interviewed after the game were complimentary too.
Atletico Madrid on 09:19 - May 19 with 2251 viewsNorthernSou1

Atletico Madrid on 22:44 - May 18 by mr_fri_night

Spanish fans are notorious for not traveling to away games. The culture is to watch away games on the TV. I went to the Super cup at the start of the season, Athleti held Barca to a 1-1 draw, I was very impressed with the quality of their passing and defensive work rate. The Vicente Calderon was a superb stadium, top atmosphere. The game kicked off at 11pm due to the 40 degree heat in August, very strange experience watching football at that time of night. The peoples club, the bookies had them at 50-1 at the start of the season to win La Liga. Chelsea have a quality young goal keeper in Thibaut Courtois. I'm over in Madrid for the Champions league final this weekend, I hope they can replicate their Copa del Rey Triumph over Real.
Atletico Madrid on 09:56 - May 19 with 2217 viewsdingdangblue

Atletico Madrid on 09:19 - May 19 by NorthernSou1

Spanish fans are notorious for not traveling to away games. The culture is to watch away games on the TV. I went to the Super cup at the start of the season, Athleti held Barca to a 1-1 draw, I was very impressed with the quality of their passing and defensive work rate. The Vicente Calderon was a superb stadium, top atmosphere. The game kicked off at 11pm due to the 40 degree heat in August, very strange experience watching football at that time of night. The peoples club, the bookies had them at 50-1 at the start of the season to win La Liga. Chelsea have a quality young goal keeper in Thibaut Courtois. I'm over in Madrid for the Champions league final this weekend, I hope they can replicate their Copa del Rey Triumph over Real.

Might be a little trickier now.
http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4184/spain/2014/05/18/4825726/diego-costa-to-miss

Atletico Madrid on 18:20 - May 19 with 2090 viewsAlexF

Yes I think this is an incredible achievement, and sure to massively inflate the managerial value of Simeone. I thinks its akin to City winning the league and getting to the CL final BEFORE Mansour...
Login to get fewer ads

Atletico Madrid on 19:20 - May 19 with 2047 viewsDaleFan7

Yes, that's all Barcelona give them. They are allowed to allocate what they want in Spain due to low away attendances.
Atletico Madrid on 16:03 - May 20 with 1934 viewssweetcorn

Atletico Madrid on 18:20 - May 19 by AlexF

Yes I think this is an incredible achievement, and sure to massively inflate the managerial value of Simeone. I thinks its akin to City winning the league and getting to the CL final BEFORE Mansour...

WALOB.

City have spent millions of pounds on transfers and are expected to be winning leagues and progressing in the champions league.

Atletico's regular starting 11 has only had £30 million spent on it, so your comparision is a pretty poor one.

In my opinion atletico winning the la liga is akin to Everton winning the premier league.
[Post edited 20 May 2014 16:03]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Atletico Madrid on 16:49 - May 20 with 1912 viewsdale_spotland

Atletico Madrid on 16:03 - May 20 by sweetcorn

WALOB.

City have spent millions of pounds on transfers and are expected to be winning leagues and progressing in the champions league.

Atletico's regular starting 11 has only had £30 million spent on it, so your comparision is a pretty poor one.

In my opinion atletico winning the la liga is akin to Everton winning the premier league.
[Post edited 20 May 2014 16:03]

He said BEFORE the money.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Atletico Madrid on 18:40 - May 20 with 1856 viewssweetcorn

Atletico Madrid on 16:49 - May 20 by dale_spotland

He said BEFORE the money.

shit read it as man united for some reason. Still dont think its accurate, atletico are a far bigger club than city pre mansour and probably are still bigger now.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024