Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie thompson 12:50 - May 6 with 10589 viewsrochdale1

Released..... Apparently coils going Oldham.
Who's Thompson's Dad? Apparently he has bid for Hogan.
Thompson Sat on table with agent next to me at Nutters right now
Robbie thompson on 22:29 - May 7 with 2169 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Robbie thompson on 21:42 - May 7 by fitzochris

Hibs could not afford Hogan. While Butcher has said he targets lower league English players, he has been very vocal about the restraints he faces in recruitment. No transfer fees where possible.

Hibs also face the prospect of remaining in the relegation play-off spot. They are not a team for an up and coming talented forward such as Hogan.

Frugal through choice historically, said as much in the January window. He won't be around long enough at this rate.
Robbie thompson on 22:59 - May 7 with 2091 viewsfitzochris

Robbie thompson on 22:29 - May 7 by Albert_Whitehurst

Frugal through choice historically, said as much in the January window. He won't be around long enough at this rate.

Hibs' last posted debt was £5.5million. Chairman Rod Petrie sanctioned an "unprecedented" transfer fee of £200k last summer in an effort to keep Leigh Griffiths. Wolves laughed in their faces and they ended up with James Collins.

Given we were looking at £750k plus for Hogan, I would say, frugal or not, Hibs can't afford him.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Robbie thompson on 06:37 - May 8 with 1983 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Robbie thompson on 22:59 - May 7 by fitzochris

Hibs' last posted debt was £5.5million. Chairman Rod Petrie sanctioned an "unprecedented" transfer fee of £200k last summer in an effort to keep Leigh Griffiths. Wolves laughed in their faces and they ended up with James Collins.

Given we were looking at £750k plus for Hogan, I would say, frugal or not, Hibs can't afford him.

And we all know clubs never continue and spend beyond their debts.

If Hibs wanted to put a deal together they could physically do it. Unlikely that would happen.
[Post edited 8 May 2014 6:52]
Robbie thompson on 08:35 - May 8 with 1888 viewsDaley_Lama

Robbie thompson on 06:37 - May 8 by Albert_Whitehurst

And we all know clubs never continue and spend beyond their debts.

If Hibs wanted to put a deal together they could physically do it. Unlikely that would happen.
[Post edited 8 May 2014 6:52]

Scott Hogan to Hibs is more comical than any of the Grant Holt rumours that came up over the years.

Why would anybody move to Scotland with the impending independance vote? You might never get back! #alexsalmonatebraveheartforbrekky

Poll: DF in or out

Robbie thompson on 08:37 - May 8 with 1885 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Robbie thompson on 08:35 - May 8 by Daley_Lama

Scott Hogan to Hibs is more comical than any of the Grant Holt rumours that came up over the years.

Why would anybody move to Scotland with the impending independance vote? You might never get back! #alexsalmonatebraveheartforbrekky

You get paid in methadone and deep fried pizzas.
Robbie thompson on 19:23 - May 18 with 1605 viewsraym

Robbie thompson on 21:28 - May 7 by Albert_Whitehurst

Isn't/Wasn't Tom Farmer something like the 600th richest person in the UK...also owns 90% of Hibs?

Pretty sure they could afford Hogan, although I wouldn't expect them to be vying for him, been a while since they've splashed the cash.

Mind you...£1.2m for De La Cruz some time back...more money than sense!
[Post edited 7 May 2014 21:32]

The fee for De La Cruz was reported to be 750k, a year later Villa paid Hibs 1.5M.

I remember the Gareth Evans who joined Hibs in 1988, although never usually a regular first choice, he had a very decent career up North, spending around 18 years there, 8 of them with the Edinburgh club.
Robbie thompson on 20:09 - May 18 with 1492 viewsfitzochris

Robbie thompson on 19:23 - May 18 by raym

The fee for De La Cruz was reported to be 750k, a year later Villa paid Hibs 1.5M.

I remember the Gareth Evans who joined Hibs in 1988, although never usually a regular first choice, he had a very decent career up North, spending around 18 years there, 8 of them with the Edinburgh club.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, sadly.

Hibs' spending power has diminished. Should Hamilton do a number on them over the course of the next week, it will diminish a little more.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024