Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? 09:33 - Aug 13 with 1421 viewsSwanzay

My partners son will possibly be moving schools due to work commitments. She has contacted the local council in the new catchment area and they have said that in order for him to apply for a place, she needs to send proof that she is either relinquishing her tenancy or selling her house. She owns the house outright (No mortage) and doesn't want to sell it.
Can anyone tell me the logic behind them asking this, as I don't have any kids of my own, I can't fathom one.
As far as I concerned its non of thier business what she does with her current house.
Oh and in additon they also want info about me, with regards to what my job is etc.
Again are they just being Govt nosey bastards?

Thanks for any info!
[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 10:08]
Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 09:46 - Aug 13 with 1413 viewsDarran

I don't know the answer to the question Dai but it sounds like that sexy blonde is minted.
I still don't know what she sees in you though you got lucky there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 10:12 - Aug 13 with 1404 viewsSwanzay

Thought it was obvious, my whit, charm and handsome good looks.
She inherited the house in a round about sort of way.
Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 10:23 - Aug 13 with 1396 viewsdybie_jack

I would have thought she would only need to provide proof that she is living in the catchment area.
The main reason (I believe) they ask for that type of info is because if it is a very popular school some parents lie about their address to get their children into that particular school so they have bbought in these checks to make sure that children fromt he local area get places (and priority over children from outside the catchment area) I believe.
No idea why they'd want to know about your job etc? I do know of a local school (not Swansea) that are particular on what job the parents do (i.e. they only really have children from professional families). Not quite sure how they get away with it!
Hope this helps.
Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 10:49 - Aug 13 with 1390 viewsSwanzay

Thanks for the feedback Dybie, surely being on the electoral role and paying council at the new address would be surfice to show that she is living in the new area.
She is planning to rent out the current home. She hasn't even decided on a particular shcool at present in the new locality, the council have asked for this information irrespective of which school she decides upon.
I have no 'legal' ties to her son, so I am also perplexed as to why they want this information from me as well apart from being nosey bastards?
Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 15:26 - Aug 13 with 1358 viewsswanny

Can't help you I'm afraid, but if it's any consolation, they probably don't even know themselves why they're asking....

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 15:29 - Aug 15 with 1306 viewsDafyddHuw

Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 10:49 - Aug 13 by Swanzay

Thanks for the feedback Dybie, surely being on the electoral role and paying council at the new address would be surfice to show that she is living in the new area.
She is planning to rent out the current home. She hasn't even decided on a particular shcool at present in the new locality, the council have asked for this information irrespective of which school she decides upon.
I have no 'legal' ties to her son, so I am also perplexed as to why they want this information from me as well apart from being nosey bastards?

Trouble is, people have been known to rent properties in catchment areas of sought-after schools and not bother living there, but live in their present property, just to get their names on the electoral register. They think that paying two lots of council tax (and rent for a property they don't use) as a small price to pay for their kids' education.

Presumably your partner is paying the price of local education authorities/councils clamping down.

Wouldn't be a problem if every school was an excellent school.
Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 10:32 - Aug 16 with 1280 viewsSwanzay

Thanks again for the reply. I agree with what you say and the reasoning. However she hasn't even chosen a school yet and they are requesting this info irrespective of which school she decides on and my details as well.

It just seems rather odd.
Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 1255 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Anyone here with a knowledge of childrens educaton system/councils? on 15:29 - Aug 15 by DafyddHuw

Trouble is, people have been known to rent properties in catchment areas of sought-after schools and not bother living there, but live in their present property, just to get their names on the electoral register. They think that paying two lots of council tax (and rent for a property they don't use) as a small price to pay for their kids' education.

Presumably your partner is paying the price of local education authorities/councils clamping down.

Wouldn't be a problem if every school was an excellent school.

And there's your answer.

I spoke to a few schools last year regarding catchments and roll numbers etc and couldn't believe what I was told about the rental schemes. Surely wherever your kids go to school you would want them to be in an area with their friends out of school also.

As you said no problem if all schools were the same but certain schools have false reputations (good and bad) which parents believe.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024