Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
starting line up 20:22 - Jul 8 with 7587 viewsrochdale1

What would your starting line ups be now ??
starting line up on 12:18 - Jul 15 with 1320 viewsD_Alien

starting line up on 12:13 - Jul 15 by BigDaveMyCock

Let's not forget that Hilly needs a squad. Tutte can play right, central or in the hole so he's versatile. They'll be games when Tutte's energy will be vital - tricky away games.

Tutte's best performances/goals seem to occur away from home

I suspect there'll be away games where Matty Done's role might be too much of a luxury, at least at the start of the match

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

starting line up on 12:19 - Jul 15 with 1306 viewsAtThePeake

starting line up on 12:13 - Jul 15 by BigDaveMyCock

Let's not forget that Hilly needs a squad. Tutte can play right, central or in the hole so he's versatile. They'll be games when Tutte's energy will be vital - tricky away games.

I agree re: tricky away games, that we'll probably be a little more defensive and play Cav, Tutte and Lund centrally with an attacking 3 ahead of them.

But as for Tutte being versatile, wasn't the same thing mentioned about Lund when he signed? Hilly said something about him being equally adept just in front of the back 4, just behind the striker, or centrally.

I suppose we won't know until the game itself comes around but I'd be quite surprised if Tutte doesn't start that game.

Tangled up in blue.

starting line up on 12:23 - Jul 15 with 1296 viewsBigDaveMyCock

starting line up on 12:19 - Jul 15 by AtThePeake

I agree re: tricky away games, that we'll probably be a little more defensive and play Cav, Tutte and Lund centrally with an attacking 3 ahead of them.

But as for Tutte being versatile, wasn't the same thing mentioned about Lund when he signed? Hilly said something about him being equally adept just in front of the back 4, just behind the striker, or centrally.

I suppose we won't know until the game itself comes around but I'd be quite surprised if Tutte doesn't start that game.

I agree, let's wait and see, for me Tutte's passing ability means that he is not a starter. DAlien has a point about away games being more suited to Tutte. When we're at home and we have more possession he is not as effective and slows play down with the constant side-ways running thing he does to buy himself time.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

starting line up on 18:45 - Jul 15 with 1173 viewsjokerthief

starting line up on 12:23 - Jul 15 by BigDaveMyCock

I agree, let's wait and see, for me Tutte's passing ability means that he is not a starter. DAlien has a point about away games being more suited to Tutte. When we're at home and we have more possession he is not as effective and slows play down with the constant side-ways running thing he does to buy himself time.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Cannot stand this negativity, when playing at home with two defensive midfielders..Maybe warranted at some tough away games..But lets go for it when playing at home.....These players should be in the team @ home games....Hogan-Vincinetti-Henderson-Done-Lund-Bunney-Gray-Donnerly....etc etc....why do this team need 2 defensive midfielders?
starting line up on 20:16 - Jul 15 with 1108 viewsAtThePeake

starting line up on 18:45 - Jul 15 by jokerthief

Cannot stand this negativity, when playing at home with two defensive midfielders..Maybe warranted at some tough away games..But lets go for it when playing at home.....These players should be in the team @ home games....Hogan-Vincinetti-Henderson-Done-Lund-Bunney-Gray-Donnerly....etc etc....why do this team need 2 defensive midfielders?

Is Tutte a defensive midfielder?

Tangled up in blue.

starting line up on 17:46 - Jul 20 with 1005 viewsrochdale1

Hogan has shown enougth to start ahead of donnerly..
starting line up on 17:46 - Jul 20 with 1005 viewsrochdale1

Hogan has shown enougth to start ahead of donnerly..
starting line up on 21:27 - Jul 20 with 941 viewsboromat

Thomson
Rafferty Eastham Lancashire Rose
Cavanagh Allen
Vincenti Hery Henderson
Hogan

Purely off performances so far (Been to the Northwich and Blackburn games).

Really excited for the season to start and it's pretty impossible to name what the starting 11 will be. Hill has some great options available to him!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

starting line up on 22:00 - Jul 20 with 920 viewsdale1996

starting line up on 21:27 - Jul 20 by boromat

Thomson
Cavanagh Allen
Vincenti Hery Henderson
Hogan

Purely off performances so far (Been to the Northwich and Blackburn games).

Really excited for the season to start and it's pretty impossible to name what the starting 11 will be. Hill has some great options available to him!

Mine would be:
Lillis
Cavanagh Lund
Vincenti Done Henderson
Hogan

Judging from today's performance, Rafferty I thought was very poor, although we have no other options at right back, I also didn't think rose was great, he's still doing his aimless balls down the wing. I though the two centre halfs actually looked solid, and I didn't see the problems with distribution. Cavanagh and Lund were class today in front of the back four and Lumd very much reminds me of Kennedy, he goes unnoticed but actually does a fantastic job. he's clearly technically very good, can pass, can tackle, is strong, quick, couldn't fault his game today. The front 4 are on another level though, definitely at least league 1 standard. Hogan seems an exceptional signing by Hill, thought he was unbelievable today. Henderson is also a class act, his off the ball movement, ball control, dribbling skills are all top class. We all know what Done can do, and I thought Vincenti brought height to the side whilst and i can see why he was a fans favourite at the shots, very good player. When you consider that quality of that starting 11, whilst remembering we can have the likes of Tutte, Hery, Donnelly, Bunney, Allen all to come off the bench, I think Hill has created an exceptional side in such a short space of time and I definitely expect us to be there or there abouts come the end of the season, some class football was played today, and I found it so refreshing to see us pressing so high up the pitch today, switching the play sometimes doing 30 yard balls. Id forgotten just how good a Hill squad can be. As far as Bobby Grant is concerned, I don't think we'll miss him one bit and I for one will be more than happy for us to start the season with the squad exactly how it is.
starting line up on 22:05 - Jul 20 with 911 viewsjamRAFC

starting line up on 22:00 - Jul 20 by dale1996

Mine would be:
Lillis
Cavanagh Lund
Vincenti Done Henderson
Hogan

Judging from today's performance, Rafferty I thought was very poor, although we have no other options at right back, I also didn't think rose was great, he's still doing his aimless balls down the wing. I though the two centre halfs actually looked solid, and I didn't see the problems with distribution. Cavanagh and Lund were class today in front of the back four and Lumd very much reminds me of Kennedy, he goes unnoticed but actually does a fantastic job. he's clearly technically very good, can pass, can tackle, is strong, quick, couldn't fault his game today. The front 4 are on another level though, definitely at least league 1 standard. Hogan seems an exceptional signing by Hill, thought he was unbelievable today. Henderson is also a class act, his off the ball movement, ball control, dribbling skills are all top class. We all know what Done can do, and I thought Vincenti brought height to the side whilst and i can see why he was a fans favourite at the shots, very good player. When you consider that quality of that starting 11, whilst remembering we can have the likes of Tutte, Hery, Donnelly, Bunney, Allen all to come off the bench, I think Hill has created an exceptional side in such a short space of time and I definitely expect us to be there or there abouts come the end of the season, some class football was played today, and I found it so refreshing to see us pressing so high up the pitch today, switching the play sometimes doing 30 yard balls. Id forgotten just how good a Hill squad can be. As far as Bobby Grant is concerned, I don't think we'll miss him one bit and I for one will be more than happy for us to start the season with the squad exactly how it is.

That would be my team too
starting line up on 22:36 - Jul 20 with 890 viewsboromat

starting line up on 22:00 - Jul 20 by dale1996

Mine would be:
Lillis
Cavanagh Lund
Vincenti Done Henderson
Hogan

Yeah only reason lilis isn't in my team is because he hasn't played yet. Done isn't there because I've only seen him in the cameo today and was good hasn't had enough minutes to warrant being in a team off the performances I've seen.

I agree Rafferty wasn't brilliant and needs Bennett to get back in order to give him the competition he desperately needs. I thought Rose played very well today and I think Tanser will be very lucky to get many games.

It is very exciting to see how Hill will utilise the squad I can imagine we will rarely have the same starting eleven in consecutive games.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024