Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armand Traore 09:33 - Apr 5 with 8677 viewsPhilmyRs

Does he get an easy ride? There are times I think his touch and Football intelligence are extremely limited during games. His decision making and positioning always strike me as a little suspect too. Yet because he’s quick, can put a decent cross into the box and is not a loan, these failings are often overlooked. Fabio on the other hand — other than on a couple of occasions — has really impressed me when he’s played. Good skills for a full back, not afraid to fly into a tackle, and for a loan player, much like Andros Townsend, is putting in a really decent shift when picked.

I guess the logic is with Zamora upfront the improved delivery from wide could create more chances, and on Monday night this did open up one or two opportunities, but I just think Fabio’s composure, use of the ball, and willingness to fight, will serve us better in the run in? Fabio or Armand?
Armand Traore on 18:59 - Apr 5 with 1933 viewsTacticalR

Well at least we've got some games out of him. A lot more than we have out of, say, Andy Johnson.

My main problem with Traoré is that he sometimes gives off the impression of not quite being 'in the moment'. While not prone to the catastrophic lapses of concentration of Anton Ferdinand, he is more likely to make a mistake through being a bit casual or not being quite sure where he should be.

Air hostess clique

Armand Traore on 20:59 - Apr 5 with 1913 viewsPhilmyRs

Armand Traore on 17:29 - Apr 5 by Antti_Heinola

Quite like him. Can't understand the comment about his touch - technically he's one of the best in the team. Also think he's missed less games than people think and works hard. Don't have much of a problem with him, but yes, I prefer Fabio.

but what a funny OP. Does he get an easy ride? Well, yes I suppose he does considering this board seems to spend a good deal of time slagging off every single player we have at the club. Yes, what we need is more slagging off of players. that would be exciting.

Feel I should respond.

Play a ball at pace to Armand Traore and he can trap it dead. He has that skill that a lot of left footed players seem to have. Perhaps I should have elaborated on my comment, but at work, things to do etc. Although he can trap a ball, he's rarely able to move the ball (quickly) into an attacking position. The amount of times he controls it well, only to spend the next ten minutes getting it out of his feet and making progress is a definite weakness. He also has that annoying habit of regularly over-running the ball when dribbling, showing a 'poor touch', but with his pace is often able to release the ball just before he's tackled. Personally I think some of the positions he's found himself in during games he could have used the ball better, and he often seems unsure of where he should be positional wise, occasionally he ball watches and can be turned too easily at times. He's not the major problem though, he can cross a ball, he's got good pace, he's a good age and can learn but I think he could do more and I would favour Fabio. That's the most frustrating thing with Traore, he has all the attributes, just looks like he lacks a bit of a Football brain and bottle for the fight.

Your second point irritated me. This is a Football forum, you come on to discuss issues, for me what I'm interested in discussing is mainly Football, and specifically QPR. Now my turn of phrase 'easy ride' is pretty much picking up on the point you make about how this board often highlights poor performing players, often unfairly.

After Monday night people were digging out Jamie Mackie FFS and he'd only been on the pitch 5 mins. Take away Samba and Hill's chuckle brother act and Traore was probably 3rd or 4th worst in the player ratings IMO.

Adel Tarraabt, Clint Hill, Park, SWP, Bosingwa, Onouha, Green, Granero, all these guy's have come in for criticism on the board, sometimes fairly, often unfairly in my opinion. From memory I can't remember Traore taking much stick for poor performances and regular injuries. You jumped on the expression to turn it into me slagging one our players rather than look at it for what it is, a question on whether Traore has been fortunate to escape the criticism of others and opening it up to debate. Don't turn it into something it's not, I'm not about to turn up at HQ on Sunday and hurl abuse at the kid, I'm going to support my side like I always do.

Armand Traore on 21:09 - Apr 5 with 1912 viewsyankranger

Armand Traore on 18:17 - Apr 5 by Northernr

I think a lot of it is in the mind, he just needs to strap a pair on.

But then I've been called up on here before - justifiably - about being very harsh on injury prone players. Which I am. I've seen members of my family go to work every day with some horrendous injuries and illnesses, and I've seen Gareth Ainsworth try and run off the spiral fracture of a leg, and I see Rugby League players playing on and barely even flinching with injuries that footballers would cry off with six weeks. Andy Lynch played 20 rounds of Super League for Hull FC last season with a broken wrist. Just imagine playing rugby league for six months with a broken wrist!

So forgive me for not being overly sympathetic with the likes of Traore and Fitz Hall over their persistent problems with life threatening calf strains. Man the fck up. Tarts.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

So very true!!!

I always wonder when I hear someone's out with a "hamstring", just how bad are they really hurt? I wish I could transfer the injury to my leg, go for a jog with it and see. I'd hope if I was playing in that league that I'd be
Armand Traore on 21:19 - Apr 5 with 1905 viewsyankranger

But then I've been called up on here before - justifiably - about being very harsh on injury prone players. Which I am. I've seen members of my family go to work every day with some horrendous injuries and illnesses, and I've seen Gareth Ainsworth try and run off the spiral fracture of a leg, and I see Rugby League players playing on and barely even flinching with injuries that footballers would cry off with six weeks. Andy Lynch played 20 rounds of Super League for Hull FC last season with a broken wrist. Just imagine playing rugby league for six months with a broken wrist!

So forgive me for not being overly sympathetic with the likes of Traore and Fitz Hall over their persistent problems with life threatening calf strains. Man the fck up. Tarts.

So very true!!!

I always wonder when I hear someone's out with a "hamstring", just how bad they're really hurt? I wish I could transfer the injury to my leg, go for a jog with it and see. I played sports to a relatively competitive level and I don't recall people missing games for strains. People missed for bone breaks or serious injuries. I know they need to protect their bodies a bit, but a lot if it seems a bit soft to me.

In regards to Traore - he has moments where his brain goes missing but I don't think he hurts us often. I don't think we get the most of his ability - he has a lot of natural athletic talent and I think he's one of our more skilled players but he lacks a bit of fire. This can get very frustrating to watch at times.

Armand Traore on 11:14 - Apr 6 with 1863 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armand Traore on 20:59 - Apr 5 by PhilmyRs

Feel I should respond.

Play a ball at pace to Armand Traore and he can trap it dead. He has that skill that a lot of left footed players seem to have. Perhaps I should have elaborated on my comment, but at work, things to do etc. Although he can trap a ball, he's rarely able to move the ball (quickly) into an attacking position. The amount of times he controls it well, only to spend the next ten minutes getting it out of his feet and making progress is a definite weakness. He also has that annoying habit of regularly over-running the ball when dribbling, showing a 'poor touch', but with his pace is often able to release the ball just before he's tackled. Personally I think some of the positions he's found himself in during games he could have used the ball better, and he often seems unsure of where he should be positional wise, occasionally he ball watches and can be turned too easily at times. He's not the major problem though, he can cross a ball, he's got good pace, he's a good age and can learn but I think he could do more and I would favour Fabio. That's the most frustrating thing with Traore, he has all the attributes, just looks like he lacks a bit of a Football brain and bottle for the fight.

Your second point irritated me. This is a Football forum, you come on to discuss issues, for me what I'm interested in discussing is mainly Football, and specifically QPR. Now my turn of phrase 'easy ride' is pretty much picking up on the point you make about how this board often highlights poor performing players, often unfairly.

After Monday night people were digging out Jamie Mackie FFS and he'd only been on the pitch 5 mins. Take away Samba and Hill's chuckle brother act and Traore was probably 3rd or 4th worst in the player ratings IMO.

Adel Tarraabt, Clint Hill, Park, SWP, Bosingwa, Onouha, Green, Granero, all these guy's have come in for criticism on the board, sometimes fairly, often unfairly in my opinion. From memory I can't remember Traore taking much stick for poor performances and regular injuries. You jumped on the expression to turn it into me slagging one our players rather than look at it for what it is, a question on whether Traore has been fortunate to escape the criticism of others and opening it up to debate. Don't turn it into something it's not, I'm not about to turn up at HQ on Sunday and hurl abuse at the kid, I'm going to support my side like I always do.

Fair do's!

Bare bones.

Armand Traore on 11:34 - Apr 6 with 1851 viewsNeil_SI

For all of his flaws, the disappointment is that he's not really made any progression since he came here and that's a worry. He is exactly the same player with the same problems he's always had, and unless that situation changes, he will never fulfil the potential he has.

There has only been one player at the club in recent years who has flourished and grown, and got better over time, and that's Adel Taarabt.

If I were a coach I'd work on some immediate things with him. His first touch is poor and he often places the ball and his own body at angles that are more restrictive and cause him more problems in terms of passing and moving the ball. I'd show him how and where to get the ball out of his feet that keeps his options open and provides him with one or two safe passes (short or direct) if there really is nothing on. Right now, he makes nothing on himself, because of the way he controls and manipulates the ball at his feet.

He runs with it at inefficient angles as well, restricting his own pace and movement, and often restricting his own angles to penetrate with his pace, or to make the right type of pass. I'd work on his dribbling in training to help address this.

He isn't a defender either, nor is he a winger, he just doesn't know enough positionally and tactically to really call a position his own. They need to teach him some fundamentals and show him how to exploit and play to his natural strengths, which are his speed and his ability to cross from certain positions. It's about getting him into that position of comfort where his crossing excels, but there are many areas and types of crosses that he's not actually very good at as well.

Defensively he often gets caught completely square. If you watch him, and you're a winger, it's easy to lock him straight on and get his legs planted wide apart, so that when you dash past him he has to turn his whole body and therefore loses a lot of pace in the first few yards, which is crucial to being beaten and a cross getting put into the penalty box. They need to show him side on, and how to turn probably and still maintain pace so that he can recover or better deal with those situations.

I could go on with even more, but what's the point. At the end of the day it all leads back to the same problem with the club not having its own footballing philosophy and vision for developing and progressing players, and how it acquires them. Until they sort it out, we'll always have this issue with players. Some will do better than others, some will respond better to certain manager's and staff than others, but as we've been completely haphazard and random with our choices over the years, it's not going to happen any time soon.

How many manager's did Matthew Connolly have under him? How many were able to actually teach them some tricks? Almost none and it's all about instant results and no time for quality work, well, there was one, and that was Luigi De Canio and it's a shame that it took someone like that to start showing some sense before the club ditched him. The sad thing was, just how easy it was to coach properly and see some impressive results and progression on the pitch.
Armand Traore on 11:41 - Apr 6 with 1843 viewsparker64

The position he gets himself into for crosses looks very strange. Kicks it to the left from under his feet and then runs round to get leverage. Probably been doing it since he was ten years old.

The look on his face when Berbatov did that piece of skill on the byline at Fulham was priceless.
Armand Traore on 11:47 - Apr 6 with 1839 viewsgigiisourgod

I rate him and think he has been under utilised by Colin, Hughes and now arry and has suffered through the traditional british managers coaching handbook. Under someone like Martinez think he would really strive, although arry utilised his full backs at spurs to wonderful effect. All 3 rangers managers seem to want him to stop on the halfway line, where he is best as an outlet for switching the play and getting one on one with the right full back or getting to the byline and delivering. Lots of the time he has played we have had a 5man midfield (including Derry, diakite, Barton, mbia) but no one seems capable/willing/instructed to cover for him to burst forward and actually offer an outlet. One of many frustrations over the last two season.

Injuries, however, obviously a big issue - although the one he picked up against Liverpool was an absolutely sublime tackle and should make those calling him a big tart think twice.
Login to get fewer ads

Armand Traore on 12:02 - Apr 6 with 1831 viewswestberksr

Armand Traore on 10:50 - Apr 5 by wombat

Best crosser of a ball at the club , would make a very good winger with his pace and ability to get the ball into the box from the byeline

drawbacks are hes made of glass ala mathew rose

this
Armand Traore on 13:17 - Apr 6 with 1809 viewsozexile

Armand Traore on 11:34 - Apr 6 by Neil_SI

For all of his flaws, the disappointment is that he's not really made any progression since he came here and that's a worry. He is exactly the same player with the same problems he's always had, and unless that situation changes, he will never fulfil the potential he has.

There has only been one player at the club in recent years who has flourished and grown, and got better over time, and that's Adel Taarabt.

If I were a coach I'd work on some immediate things with him. His first touch is poor and he often places the ball and his own body at angles that are more restrictive and cause him more problems in terms of passing and moving the ball. I'd show him how and where to get the ball out of his feet that keeps his options open and provides him with one or two safe passes (short or direct) if there really is nothing on. Right now, he makes nothing on himself, because of the way he controls and manipulates the ball at his feet.

He runs with it at inefficient angles as well, restricting his own pace and movement, and often restricting his own angles to penetrate with his pace, or to make the right type of pass. I'd work on his dribbling in training to help address this.

He isn't a defender either, nor is he a winger, he just doesn't know enough positionally and tactically to really call a position his own. They need to teach him some fundamentals and show him how to exploit and play to his natural strengths, which are his speed and his ability to cross from certain positions. It's about getting him into that position of comfort where his crossing excels, but there are many areas and types of crosses that he's not actually very good at as well.

Defensively he often gets caught completely square. If you watch him, and you're a winger, it's easy to lock him straight on and get his legs planted wide apart, so that when you dash past him he has to turn his whole body and therefore loses a lot of pace in the first few yards, which is crucial to being beaten and a cross getting put into the penalty box. They need to show him side on, and how to turn probably and still maintain pace so that he can recover or better deal with those situations.

I could go on with even more, but what's the point. At the end of the day it all leads back to the same problem with the club not having its own footballing philosophy and vision for developing and progressing players, and how it acquires them. Until they sort it out, we'll always have this issue with players. Some will do better than others, some will respond better to certain manager's and staff than others, but as we've been completely haphazard and random with our choices over the years, it's not going to happen any time soon.

How many manager's did Matthew Connolly have under him? How many were able to actually teach them some tricks? Almost none and it's all about instant results and no time for quality work, well, there was one, and that was Luigi De Canio and it's a shame that it took someone like that to start showing some sense before the club ditched him. The sad thing was, just how easy it was to coach properly and see some impressive results and progression on the pitch.

Neil that is an excellent summary of his weaknesses. Although I believe it's probably too late to change him now. This is something that should have been done at a much younger age maybe 13 or 14.
Armand Traore on 13:28 - Apr 6 with 1799 viewsTacticalR

Traoré was at Arsenal from age 17. He's supposed to have said that no-one at Arsenal tells you when you've made a mistake, so you don't know what you've done wrong or how to correct it.

Air hostess clique

Armand Traore on 13:40 - Apr 6 with 1792 viewswaveydave

Don't even know how playing rugby with a broken wrist is possible, good man. How would he even train though?
Armand Traore on 13:44 - Apr 6 with 1788 viewsNorthernr

Armand Traore on 13:40 - Apr 6 by waveydave

Don't even know how playing rugby with a broken wrist is possible, good man. How would he even train though?

Winning the Player of the Year accolade, Lynch featured in every game for Hull, often playing close to 80 minutes. And he did it all with a fractured wrist.
Colliding with a team-mate in pre-season, Lynch opted to postpone surgery despite a recovery period of less than a month.
He's still waiting on the operation, the year of playing with the problem leaving him with a lot of mess around the injury which first needs cleaning out.
"The surgeon has been in two minds whether to do the operation or not because it's such a mess in there," explains Lynch.
"He's given me an injection to try and clear the mess up inside there, we'll leave it two weeks and then it should be clearer inside because he doesn't want to go in there until it's clear. When they do it though it should be a two-week recovery, so it's no big deal."
And Lynch's reason for not having the simple operation done nine months ago?
"I was new to the club and I didn't want to miss any games. The physio said I could play on with it so I did.
"At one stage I couldn't touch it because it hurt so much. I had it injected before every game and sometimes I had to come off and get it done again during the game because it got that bad."

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Andy-Lynch-eyes-Hull-FC-2013/story-1707
Armand Traore on 20:39 - Apr 6 with 1763 viewsTacticalR

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Air hostess clique

Armand Traore on 21:10 - Apr 7 with 1723 viewsJonDoeman

This needs bumping.

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024