Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colemans Invitation 10:48 - Dec 14 with 12630 viewsdale1968

On The OS now Manager John Coleman has basically got open office on Monday to listen to any Fans Views,Comments etc.

Come on you moaners heres your chance.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Colemans Invitation on 20:45 - Dec 14 with 1969 viewsTalkingSutty

Colemans Invitation on 14:53 - Dec 14 by Bobbyjoe

"can you see any manager in the PL doing it" No, I can't see any manager doing it, period!

The fans who are going to see JC fall into a few different categories i reckon. Firstly none of them work on Mondays. Secondly they all have a passion for the club or else they wouldnt be trecking up to the club (Coleman doesnt look the most welcoming of people).

I reckon most supporters are happy with our league position but the home performances in general are dire and our discipline on the pitch is bad to watch. Then we have the problem of the off field rumours.

Its a perfect opportunity to hear it all from the horses mouth so to speak and gauge the body language of the man in charge. I reckon some of the things we have heard are true and when 20-30 blokes are working together there will always be incident but it will be nice to get a gut feeling about the people who are representing our football club, thats important to me.
Colemans Invitation on 21:05 - Dec 14 with 1945 viewsfitzochris

Colemans Invitation on 20:45 - Dec 14 by TalkingSutty

The fans who are going to see JC fall into a few different categories i reckon. Firstly none of them work on Mondays. Secondly they all have a passion for the club or else they wouldnt be trecking up to the club (Coleman doesnt look the most welcoming of people).

I reckon most supporters are happy with our league position but the home performances in general are dire and our discipline on the pitch is bad to watch. Then we have the problem of the off field rumours.

Its a perfect opportunity to hear it all from the horses mouth so to speak and gauge the body language of the man in charge. I reckon some of the things we have heard are true and when 20-30 blokes are working together there will always be incident but it will be nice to get a gut feeling about the people who are representing our football club, thats important to me.

Bang on. Saves me typing.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Colemans Invitation on 21:17 - Dec 14 with 1929 viewsR17ALE

Colemans Invitation on 21:05 - Dec 14 by fitzochris

Bang on. Saves me typing.

I'm going to say this for one last time.

The fans want to see energy from the paid employees of the club to energise the future development of the club into forward decades.

The fact they cba is driving fans away in droves. And the Chairman has sadly lost touch with the fan on the street judging by his recent Obby interview.

Someone has got to get a grip of the situation.

The shit home form is irrelevant!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Colemans Invitation on 22:22 - Dec 14 with 1884 viewsSandyman

Colemans Invitation on 21:17 - Dec 14 by R17ALE

The fans want to see energy from the paid employees of the club to energise the future development of the club into forward decades.

The fact they cba is driving fans away in droves. And the Chairman has sadly lost touch with the fan on the street judging by his recent Obby interview.

The shit home form makes you think in the first instance. Then you observe comments from within the club that it's the best we can expect and nothing is going to change. Then you remember the days of the seven year plan, play-offs , Wembley and promotion. Ambition & progress, albeit poorly supported in marketing terms. Then you think about voting with your feet as others have.

Working long hours this week so will miss the chance to visit JC. The idea of going to Spotland next Friday is for a few beers with me mates/family and an enjoyable game of football from the team we have chosen to support. The company and beer will be fine. Fed up of being let down by the football too many times this season and last. The club has no divine right to expect people to turn up to watch rubbish. I don't do blind loyalty.
Colemans Invitation on 22:56 - Dec 14 with 1854 viewsolympicdale

I think the board are frustrating the fans more than the team honestly. Most still blame the board for our relegation, and how they've handled the change from Keith Hill, the current home form is just taking attention away from it in a way, but fans, me included, are feeling distanced from the club, because those higher up, don't seem to want to listen, or remain ignorant to the problems.

Life is a game of fate.

Colemans Invitation on 23:47 - Dec 14 with 1813 viewsroccydaleian

I know where you are coming from Razz, but surely it's the product/performance on the pitch which is paramount? I hear conflicting things on here, you saying how shit things are, but then Col saying, how good C.G. and I.J. are striving to help the off field activities to make match day more pleasurable. At the end of the day, no matter what you do, if it's crap to watch, which it is at the moment at San Spotty, people won't watch width less boring football. I'll still be there all season as per usual 'cause i support the team, but my patience is running thin at the moment.
Up the Dale.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Colemans Invitation on 07:54 - Dec 15 with 1744 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Colemans Invitation on 22:56 - Dec 14 by olympicdale

I think the board are frustrating the fans more than the team honestly. Most still blame the board for our relegation, and how they've handled the change from Keith Hill, the current home form is just taking attention away from it in a way, but fans, me included, are feeling distanced from the club, because those higher up, don't seem to want to listen, or remain ignorant to the problems.

Well said OD nice presidential speech

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Colemans Invitation on 08:12 - Dec 15 with 1738 viewsphomem

Its relegation backlash combined with fall in disposable income nationally and crap home performances.

After year of almost accepted mediocrity under several managers hillcroft took over and dale went on a crazy journey eventually the inevitable happened and he was poached, the gamble went wrong and eyre started the decline which saw gates start to drop. Coleman hasn't got the home form right and that combined with a drop in income has seen attendances drop off.

I don't feel this is a board issue, yes their are obvious issues and interaction with fans is something which needs to improve but it's the football on the pitch, lack of money etc which are really hitting.

I would lIke to see though some encouragement to get casual fans back through the gates rather than just the school kids which is a great initiative. Forward thinking on getting bums on seats or feet in the sandy should be a major issue.
Login to get fewer ads

Colemans Invitation on 09:10 - Dec 15 with 1720 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Colemans Invitation on 08:12 - Dec 15 by phomem

Its relegation backlash combined with fall in disposable income nationally and crap home performances.

After year of almost accepted mediocrity under several managers hillcroft took over and dale went on a crazy journey eventually the inevitable happened and he was poached, the gamble went wrong and eyre started the decline which saw gates start to drop. Coleman hasn't got the home form right and that combined with a drop in income has seen attendances drop off.

I don't feel this is a board issue, yes their are obvious issues and interaction with fans is something which needs to improve but it's the football on the pitch, lack of money etc which are really hitting.

I would lIke to see though some encouragement to get casual fans back through the gates rather than just the school kids which is a great initiative. Forward thinking on getting bums on seats or feet in the sandy should be a major issue.

Not sure having casuals at the game sends out the right message...
Colemans Invitation on 09:55 - Dec 15 with 1696 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Colemans Invitation on 17:44 - Dec 14 by YouTubeDale

Fair play to Coleman. He and Chris Dunphy are responding to criticism and that's to be congratulated.

I am a Coleman fan and I see him as the the ideal manager for Rochdale knowing, as CD has said, that we work on a low budget. Coleman does give officials too much ear-bashing and he needs to learn to "calm down". I know it is hard for him to change his ways but he needs to respond to criticism on this issue from the fans. Personally, I don't mind it - but he's got to play to his audience. Also, he needs to address the apparent "cheating" culture - the falls, yellow and red cards, winking etc. This again has angered many a Dale fan and is not "the Rochdale way". He knows that new personnel are needed in defence - so there isn't much to tell him there. If he wants to go even further,and DELIGHT Dale fans then he should play with wingers. Again, I'm working on Monday but I am sure these bases will be touched.

More than anything else (including being 3-0 down at half time TWICE) over the last 2 weeks I have been saddened to see the Sandy more than half empty and the fact that so many are staying away - not supporting. I know it is very easy to condemn some very long time-served suffering fans, but I feel that the club is being strangled by the very people who love it most. It's like being smothered to death by your own mother. The worst thing you can do to a club is withhold your support, especially a club like Rochdale, where every fan is like gold.

In short, he IS the man for the job but like Beauty and the Beast - he needs to change his and the team's ways and earn the love of the "lost" Dale fans.

Then there is the marketing issue...

Great post.

Shame its a Monday and not Sunday that JC has opened his door as I wont be able to go, but respect to JC for doing this. However, if he listens to fans, takes on board what they say and changes it, we might as well 'text in' to pick the team. If he sticks to his guns, it then looks like a big two fingers to the fans.

Be interesting to see what the outcome of all this is?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Colemans Invitation on 14:11 - Dec 15 with 1617 viewsBobbyjoe

There's also the small matter of a game to be played before Monday, the result of which (if emphatic either way) could render his position either untenable or very smug! What will there be to say on the back of a heavy defeat or an emphatic victory? He has offered a real hostage to fortune with this initiative.
Colemans Invitation on 14:23 - Dec 15 with 1606 viewsDorsetDale

Bang on.

It amazes me how people look beyond the rudiments to find blame for dwindling support and general disconnect fans are feeling.

R17 and others have been banging the same drum for literally years to the point where most of us need ear defenders yet those at the top operate in sign language and appear totally deaf to most of the complaints aired.

CG and IJ are to be complemented for their recent initiative (if indeed they aren't simply acting on a trust initiative!) but is it enough, is it already too late?

A game at Aldershot is for me "local" after discounting the matches in the southwest and would in past seasons be considered a "must see". At this moment in time I simply cba.

Whilst me not going to Aldershot doesn't affect revenue, the general mallaise stops me travelling to Spotland even if irregularly. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling out in the wilderness.

Have to say, it's obviously not all doom and gloom as witnessed by the amount of support the club gets from posters on here but loyalty is one thing, putting the blinkers on,quite another.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Colemans Invitation on 14:30 - Dec 15 with 1593 viewsolympicdale

Colemans Invitation on 07:54 - Dec 15 by DaleAwaydayBot

Well said OD nice presidential speech

not as catchy as yes we can.

Life is a game of fate.

Colemans Invitation on 19:02 - Dec 15 with 1550 viewsNinco

He will no doubt use the same pre-rehearsed answers that he gives to Dale Player every time he is interviewed just as most football managers would do. I'm sure if it was your job you were defending, you would do the same.
Colemans Invitation on 19:04 - Dec 15 with 1542 viewsmightydale

Colemans Invitation on 19:02 - Dec 15 by Ninco

He will no doubt use the same pre-rehearsed answers that he gives to Dale Player every time he is interviewed just as most football managers would do. I'm sure if it was your job you were defending, you would do the same.

HOPEFULLY WONT HAVE A JOB MONDAY

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Colemans Invitation on 20:54 - Dec 15 with 1453 viewsNinco

Realistically, what do people think will change as a direct result of this open day? Coleman already knows he is not popular with the fans, as he has acknowledged it on Dale Player, so there is nothing we can tell him that he doesn't already know.

We can ask him questions and he can feed us kidology and use positive talking until the cows come home to try and restore our faith in him, but I just can't see it changing performances on the pitch where it matters most.

What are the club expecting to gain? What is Coleman expecting to gain?

We've been down this route before when Barrow held a clear the air meeting. Results remained poor and shortly after we got rid of Barrow, so to me it's just a pointless waste of time.
Colemans Invitation on 21:01 - Dec 15 with 1430 viewsroccydaleian

Colemans Invitation on 20:54 - Dec 15 by Ninco

Realistically, what do people think will change as a direct result of this open day? Coleman already knows he is not popular with the fans, as he has acknowledged it on Dale Player, so there is nothing we can tell him that he doesn't already know.

We can ask him questions and he can feed us kidology and use positive talking until the cows come home to try and restore our faith in him, but I just can't see it changing performances on the pitch where it matters most.

What are the club expecting to gain? What is Coleman expecting to gain?

We've been down this route before when Barrow held a clear the air meeting. Results remained poor and shortly after we got rid of Barrow, so to me it's just a pointless waste of time.

Agreed. Seems to me just a crap P.R.thing. You go and meet J.C. Tell him what you think, do you think he'd really give a shit? C'mon people get real.
Colemans Invitation on 00:19 - Dec 16 with 1355 viewsPops2

Colemans Invitation on 21:01 - Dec 15 by roccydaleian

Agreed. Seems to me just a crap P.R.thing. You go and meet J.C. Tell him what you think, do you think he'd really give a shit? C'mon people get real.

I might go and congratulate him on a job well done.
Colemans Invitation on 15:09 - Dec 16 with 1275 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Colemans Invitation on 00:19 - Dec 16 by Pops2

I might go and congratulate him on a job well done.

Have you booked in?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Colemans Invitation on 19:42 - Dec 16 with 1175 viewsPops2

Colemans Invitation on 15:09 - Dec 16 by DaleAwaydayBot

Have you booked in?

Will do, I'll tell him i'm called Tazzy.
Colemans Invitation on 23:11 - Dec 16 with 1137 viewsphomem

Colemans Invitation on 19:04 - Dec 15 by mightydale

HOPEFULLY WONT HAVE A JOB MONDAY

You going to get into a brawl with him and try and get him fired for gross misconduct then
Colemans Invitation on 01:19 - Dec 17 with 1094 viewsjoecooke

Ya mates a weapon.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Colemans Invitation on 11:35 - Dec 17 with 993 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Colemans Invitation on 21:01 - Dec 15 by roccydaleian

Damned if you do, damned if you don't eh then Roccy? Can't see how it could be a bad thing to be fair to Coleman. The bloody club could do with doing a bit more PR as well!
Colemans Invitation on 11:49 - Dec 17 with 953 viewsNinco

You would think that the club would be promoting this, but the only place I have heard about it is on this thread and there doesn't seem to be anything mentioned about it anywhere else.

Has anyone actually been to see him yet?
Colemans Invitation on 11:51 - Dec 17 with 948 viewsjudd

Colemans Invitation on 11:49 - Dec 17 by Ninco

You would think that the club would be promoting this, but the only place I have heard about it is on this thread and there doesn't seem to be anything mentioned about it anywhere else.

Has anyone actually been to see him yet?

It was announced on the official club website.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024