Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Carroll scores 20:27 - Jun 15 with 1414 viewsmacro

Miracles do happen. What a goal
Andy Carroll scores on 20:56 - Jun 15 with 1393 viewsBanned4ever

I think Engand are going to have a decent tournament better then I give them credit for
Andy Carroll scores on 21:24 - Jun 15 with 1365 viewsMasher

Hold on... He gives away a free kick leading to a Sweden goal!!! Useless,,
Then as if we dont learn anything that useless donkey Milner gives away another free kick leading to another Sweden goal/ Walcott then scores a cracker

Up The Dale!!

Andy Carroll scores on 21:40 - Jun 15 with 1356 viewspedrodale

Fantastic third goal
Andy Carroll scores on 21:57 - Jun 15 with 1351 viewsmacro

Excellent result could get stuffed against a really good team though
Andy Carroll scores on 22:02 - Jun 15 with 1342 viewsBanned4ever

England shown very good temperament after conceding 2 very quick goals.I really hope we dont see rooney but thats asking to much
Andy Carroll scores on 23:03 - Jun 15 with 1285 viewsMasher

Andy Carroll scores on 21:57 - Jun 15 by macro

Excellent result could get stuffed against a really good team though

Everytime we take the lead we just sit back and wait for the other team to score we just defend deeper and deeper until the inevitable happens. Why oh why do our so called top players still not learn from mistakes, both Swedens goals came from silly free kicks given when there was no danger and no need to be so reckless.
It wont take a really good team to stuff us. we made the Swedes look like world beaters for quite a while in the 2nd half and i dont rate Sweden at all. Take away Slatan and they arent anything at all

Up The Dale!!

Andy Carroll scores on 23:17 - Jun 15 with 1265 viewsD_Alien

Miracles? Rubbish. He just did what he did week in week out for Newcastle, before losing confidence at Liverpool.

Hate to say I told you so, but when push came to shove, he produced. And yes, the foul that led to their equalizer was unnecessary, but its just a genuine lad trying to do his best in defending for his country.

All you cynics are just f*cking losers. He produced. Goodnight.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Andy Carroll scores on 00:04 - Jun 16 with 1218 viewscrazyhorse

Andy Caroll put a shift in, top guy tonight. Lots of determinsation and wanted to win for England and didnt go to jelly like alot of other England players when the going gets tough.

Parker
Glen Johnson
Gerrard
Walcott

All stood out for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Andy Carroll scores on 00:35 - Jun 16 with 1198 viewsrochedale

I honestly think that we had at least 3 gears to step up today.

We have nothing to fear in this championship. There are no outstanding teams. We played peacefully.

Rooney will tear apart Croatia.

If we can put up a fight in the quarters I see no reason why we cant progress to the final.

I think we can revert back to our defensive style and hit teams on the break. I tip my hat to Hodgson, I think he has got it spot on so far and has approached both games perfectly.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Andy Carroll scores on 00:41 - Jun 16 with 1191 viewsgizmo

Andy Carroll scores on 00:35 - Jun 16 by rochedale

We have nothing to fear in this championship. There are no outstanding teams. We played peacefully.

If we can put up a fight in the quarters I see no reason why we cant progress to the final.

I think we can revert back to our defensive style and hit teams on the break. I tip my hat to Hodgson, I think he has got it spot on so far and has approached both games perfectly.

lets get the required draw at a minimum first against the ukraine?

cant see that being a stroll in the park, if we continue to defend as deep as we did tonight.

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

Andy Carroll scores on 01:03 - Jun 16 with 1184 viewsrochedale

Andy Carroll scores on 00:41 - Jun 16 by gizmo

lets get the required draw at a minimum first against the ukraine?

cant see that being a stroll in the park, if we continue to defend as deep as we did tonight.

True.

Every team is as only good as its foundations.

IMO, you can only build a team when you can rely on the fact that you have clay beneath you and not soggy ground.

I am not saying that we have the perfect clay under our footings, but it does seem to me that we are giving teams false hope, Sweden thought they had us, they clearly didn't. Dropping AOC was perfect as was bringing on Walcott when he did. To me RH has played both games perfect. Who could play against us in the next game and have any clue as how we will start? Obviously WR will start, but how? I just hope we scrape through and save plenty of armoury for the knockout. The amount of options that we have coming into the next 2 games would confuse any good manager. I am not saying that we will will the tournament, but heaven forbid any decent coach trying to plan against what we will deliver next. IMO it has been a godsend having WR missing these first 2 games. We are clearly progressing, and will do so more. Wellbeck!!!! I did not rate him, but I do not think there is any other player that could've or would've finished that goal. We appear to have many unsung options that can muster up an outcome. AY has more to give us, I am sure of that.

Andy Carroll scores on 09:14 - Jun 16 with 1128 viewselectricblue

When do they play Croats?...
Oh i get it forward thinking eh...in the final...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Andy Carroll scores on 09:23 - Jun 16 with 1119 viewsBanned4ever

I think wellbeck has a young lad 18yrs old is hoding his own hes not letting the
pressure get to him .
Andy Carroll scores on 12:50 - Jun 16 with 1030 viewssandylaner1

Andy Carroll scores on 13:32 - Jun 16 with 1003 viewsolympicdale

the old "one win and we're awesome" bregade has come back it seems, you knew if they won that when it was 2-2 the problems would be glossed over, and so it would seem, now suddenly Spain/Germany/Italy are so so, unbelievable.

Life is a game of fate.

Andy Carroll scores on 19:15 - Jun 16 with 941 viewsD_Alien

Andy Carroll scores on 13:32 - Jun 16 by olympicdale

the old "one win and we're awesome" bregade has come back it seems, you knew if they won that when it was 2-2 the problems would be glossed over, and so it would seem, now suddenly Spain/Germany/Italy are so so, unbelievable.

No-ones actually said we're awesome, so what the f*ck are going on about?

Andy Carroll scores on 20:00 - Jun 16 with 911 viewsolympicdale

Andy Carroll scores on 19:15 - Jun 16 by D_Alien

No-ones actually said we're awesome, so what the f*ck are going on about?

"We have nothing to fear in this championship. There are no outstanding teams"

was one of the points i was responding to to his post. That post just sounded like the others might as well not turn up now england have won a game, not saying everyone thinks England are awesome, just making a point at the over exaggeration of the result, Sweden were a very average team this tournament, massively over reliant on Zlatan.

Life is a game of fate.

Andy Carroll scores on 20:03 - Jun 16 with 910 viewscrazyhorse

With England they always give us hope. We have the potential to get to at least the semis but it proably wont happen..ultimately we need some luck, we've never had that team that can play fluid football. We just dont do confident passing teamplay.
What we do have is a collection of inndividuals like Rooney that can pull off that one moment of brillance that can give us a fighting chance.
Andy Carroll scores on 20:18 - Jun 16 with 894 viewselectricblue

Andy Carroll scores on 12:50 - Jun 16 by sandylaner1

Bloody hell thats frightening.....
Poor girl..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Andy Carroll scores on 21:26 - Jun 16 with 869 viewsTVOS1907

Andy Carroll scores on 20:00 - Jun 16 by olympicdale

"We have nothing to fear in this championship. There are no outstanding teams"

was one of the points i was responding to to his post. That post just sounded like the others might as well not turn up now england have won a game, not saying everyone thinks England are awesome, just making a point at the over exaggeration of the result, Sweden were a very average team this tournament, massively over reliant on Zlatan.

Did you notice the time rochedale posted at?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Andy Carroll scores on 22:25 - Jun 16 with 843 viewsolympicdale

Andy Carroll scores on 21:26 - Jun 16 by TVOS1907

ah, 'nuff said, few of the irish tipple it seems.

Life is a game of fate.

Andy Carroll scores on 23:04 - Jun 16 with 831 viewsDoolan_Is_God

On his day Andy Carroll looks unplayable to me. His move to Liverpool has been troubled because of the way they play and because of the woeful service he's received from Downing and Bellamy.

I'm not sure how I see him fitting into a "typical" Brendan Rodgers team either, if I'm honest. That said for England he's going to up against defenders who have never faced a player like him in their careers and if we can sack off Milner and get some pace and quality on the wings Andy should deliver. Hell, look at the scoring record of Peter Crouch and I rate Carroll as a far better player overall.

The foul was stupid, but he's only a young lad. That header he scored was as good as anything Shearer or Sheringham managed for England.
Andy Carroll scores on 00:10 - Jun 17 with 805 viewsD_Alien

I can understand Hodgson's thinking in starting with Milner so far. Glenn Johnson is an attacking fullback whose defensive capabilities aren't the best, so the Hodge has been hedging his bets by playing a wide man ahead of him with decent defensive ability.

Last night, Johnson had what I consider his best game for England. Many people questioned his selection, even as a squad player, but it's another example of how players who look dodgy at times can suddenly blossom in the fierce heat of international tournaments.

If Hodgson sees it that way too, he may decide to start with Walcott on the right. Or, he may consider starting conservatively and giving Walcott (and AOC on the left) the chance to make an impact off the bench.

I rate Carroll. For a lad from the North East to have a £35m price tag thrust upon him was a big ask and at that level, you're expected to do something special every week. He's coming back onto his natural game now though.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carroll be the one to make way for Rooney against Ukraine.

We have some decent options now, and as rochedale pointed out, it'll give opposition managers something to think about. We're not awesome, but we do have a football team.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Andy Carroll scores on 10:16 - Jun 17 with 762 viewsrochedale

Andy Carroll scores on 21:26 - Jun 16 by TVOS1907

I hope you are not suggesting that I had been having a drink watching the futy and posted full of ale? How dare you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024