Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero 19:03 - Jun 2 with 1556 viewsnumptydumpty

Five foot five and a tiny frame and yet a star in Rugby League, struck down cruelly by the horrible disease that is Motor Neurone Disease.

Likewise with Doddie Weir who similarly sadly suffered, he was positive and a total inspiration even in ill health.

Again people will question the effects of a quite brutal combat sport in many respects but Rob has certainly had quite a life.

Tragic though to pass at only 41 leaving his wife and three young children.

Makes you realise even in small moments that life is precious and everything is definitely a matter of perspective

Rest in Peace little big man ...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 19:08 - Jun 2 with 1522 viewsloftboy

A very brave an courageous human RIP

An old supervisor of mine Paul “paddy” Hampshire who played numerous first team games for Aldershot in the old division 4 and also for Woking passed away from MND Was shocking to see how quick it took him down.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 19:11 - Jun 2 with 1514 viewshamptonhillhoop

RIP. Very sad news. A brave man fighting a brutal illness
Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 19:12 - Jun 2 with 1514 viewsflynnbo

RIP Rob. A true inspiration.
Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 19:36 - Jun 2 with 1427 viewsqpr_1968

that is really sad, there was a clip on tv a couple of weeks ago showing his wife carrying him around like a rag doll....must have been hell for her, but when its someone you love, dignity goes out the window.

rip rob.
condolences to your wife and family.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 21:33 - Jun 2 with 1253 viewsMrSheen

I have mentioned before that I had the great privilege of chatting to Rob (and his lovely mum and dad) after a game at Harlequins about 15 years ago. A genuinely delightful man, always had time for kids, they loved him as they saw him as a kid playing an adult sport. Much too brave for his own good, he took so many blows to the head from the back g guys who couldn’t get low enough to tackle him legally, it’s impossible to pretend it had nothing to do with his condition.
Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 22:03 - Jun 2 with 1201 viewsnadera78

I love rugby league, in fact I watch a lot more of it than I do football, and I especially loved watching Rob Burrow play rugby league. He played the game with joy and dash and a smile on his face. And he brought those emotions out in those who watched him play. It was heartbreaking to watch his body wither after his diagnosis, but he fought that battle in the same manner he played the game. An absolute battler from start to finish, loved and adored by everyone who played with and against him as well as the who watched him. Rest In Peace Rob.
Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 23:05 - Jun 2 with 1127 viewsbosh67

Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 19:12 - Jun 2 by flynnbo

RIP Rob. A true inspiration.

Just this!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 08:20 - Jun 3 with 989 viewsmikeygunn

I don’t know much about rugby league but I got dragged to Headingley to watch Leeds v Bradford a few years. One player stood out for his stature, and his tenacity. I couldn’t believe someone so small could compete with these relative giants.

What he and Doddie have done for awareness to this horrible disease is amazing.

Both truly inspirational men

RIP
Login to get fewer ads

Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 11:58 - Jun 3 with 864 viewsPaddyhoops

A Leeds team mate said that premier leauge players spend 80% of the time they’re injured whilst Rugby league players spend 80% pretending they’re not injured .
Brutally tough game .
Kevin Sinfield deserves a knighthood for his work with Rob Burrows. Legend.
Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 12:27 - Jun 3 with 807 viewswestberksr

don't follow the sport have seen his decline over the recent years with his former teammates marathon running to raise money and awareness.

a truly tragic case. RIP Rob and condolences to his family and the whole RL community
Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 19:31 - Jun 3 with 652 viewsLeedsR

A true legend of the sport and also as a man. Truly inspirational. Another gone way too soon, and in such a cruel manner, but despite all that, still achieved so much. RIP RB#7.
Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 22:08 - Jun 3 with 554 viewsted_hendrix

I've just seen the 'final message' from Rob Burrows the former Leeds Rhinos star asking for it to be shared after his death.

What a Man.

RIP.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 09:33 - Jun 4 with 439 viewsterryb

Rob Burrows Rugby League Hero on 22:08 - Jun 3 by ted_hendrix

I've just seen the 'final message' from Rob Burrows the former Leeds Rhinos star asking for it to be shared after his death.

What a Man.

RIP.

I've just watched it Ted. Wow!

As you say, "What a Man".

RIP Rob. Thoughts & best wishes to all of your family & friends.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024