Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report 22:10 - Apr 7 with 6785 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62269
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:03 - Apr 8 with 1293 viewsParkRoyalR

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 13:31 - Apr 8 by derbyhoop

The front 4 were dreadful, all of them. Diaby had Armstrong sussed v early, was as quick and far more robust.

Who is this fabled front 4 you speak of?

I always thought only 1 player was expected to score the goals for this team?

Think Wednesday's big target man scored 20 odd goals in League 1 but similar to Armstrong was largely ineffective which is not surprising given he was double-marked by Cook & JCS.

Of the various minor problems against Wednesday I thought the fact we were'nt joined up as a team was the most detrimental.

We played as a defensive 6 and an attacking 4 without too much integration or overlap.

The front 4 was further fragmented into a 3 and a 1 as Armstrong was off chasing through balls and leaving the supporting cast of 3 a further 20 yards behind.

Hoping we're more integrated as a team tomorrow and think likely Starting XI means we will be.
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:12 - Apr 8 with 1260 viewsTheChef

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:03 - Apr 8 by ParkRoyalR

Who is this fabled front 4 you speak of?

I always thought only 1 player was expected to score the goals for this team?

Think Wednesday's big target man scored 20 odd goals in League 1 but similar to Armstrong was largely ineffective which is not surprising given he was double-marked by Cook & JCS.

Of the various minor problems against Wednesday I thought the fact we were'nt joined up as a team was the most detrimental.

We played as a defensive 6 and an attacking 4 without too much integration or overlap.

The front 4 was further fragmented into a 3 and a 1 as Armstrong was off chasing through balls and leaving the supporting cast of 3 a further 20 yards behind.

Hoping we're more integrated as a team tomorrow and think likely Starting XI means we will be.

Play Dykes as a false 9 tomorrow.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:14 - Apr 8 with 1254 viewsTheChef

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 11:41 - Apr 8 by stainrods_elbow

I'm angry too - it was a collective failure by both the team and the coaching team. But let's rein in the exaggeration (this is the 'new me' by the way, just to anticipate the brickbats) and get some perspective. Possession was actually 50/50 over the game, and we had twice as many goal attempts (16/7) and corners (5/2). I don't think we did enough to win, clearly, but I'm also not sure we should have lost.

16 goal attempts. 1 on target. Nuff said.

PS I now read your posts in the voice of an angry Charles Hawtrey.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:17 - Apr 8 with 1243 viewsrbee

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:12 - Apr 8 by TheChef

Our Lyndon is certainly a false centre forward!
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:29 - Apr 8 with 1185 viewsHunterhoop

I’d sum it up as: Wednesday cared and tried but are an awful team, and will likely get relegated. We did not play like we cared. We certainly did not give “100%” and we also the executed badly. Complacent is correct. Rubbish but trying a bit beats better players who are complacent.

Why were so complacent? That is the key question.

It’s clear Cifuentes was worried about it, and tried to protect against that, but it wasn’t enough.

You shouldn’t really need to be overtly trying to protect against it with professional athletes, but clearly with our lot you still do.

Hopefully there will be a reaction. I think we need a minimum of 4 points from our next 3 games. And I think we could need 5-6 to stay up.
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:40 - Apr 8 with 1150 viewsstainrods_elbow

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 14:12 - Apr 8 by TheChef

That won't be hard - his 9ness is very false!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 15:35 - Apr 8 with 1009 viewsAntti_Heinola

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 13:51 - Apr 8 by rbee

Memories of Stoke away where I wrote after that game that we didn't come out fired up for the battle ahead, on Saturday, just as at Stoke we were not at it from the start.

Wednesday did come out with more fire in their bellies and had a huddle just before kick off and looked the more likely in the early stages of the game.

That's a worry: I thought our first 15 mins was our best patch!

Bare bones.

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 16:02 - Apr 8 with 957 viewsrbee

My memory is lousy but I thought they attacked more at the start and got an early corner.
Login to get fewer ads

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 16:10 - Apr 8 with 945 viewsE15Hoop

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 11:18 - Apr 8 by slmrstid

If you ever want to see what it looks like when a football team collectively sh*ts itself, just watch us on Saturday. Absolute debacle.

Sheffield Wednesday weren't much good, but they were fast, physical and aggressive and played like a team that knew they had to win. Our team seemed to spend as much time as they could running away from the nasty big men on the other team because they didn't want to get hurt. Which in the case of Willock and holding out hope someone out there will give him that £40k a week contract is probably true.

Then Armstrong annoyed the hell out of me with the constant banging his fists on the turf after he's fell over in a breath of wind again like an angry toddler who's just been told no screaming about how unfair life is.

Defensively we were largely OK other than that one stupid mistake for their goal and the second was just a typical sucker punch that wouldn't have happened if it was still 0-0.

All four of our attacking players though were utterly pathetic.

Noticed Colback sitting behind the dugouts spending most of the game looking down, presumably at his phone. Either disinterested or one of those who just can't watch when he's not involved.

Was really, really annoyed on Saturday, probably the worst I've seen under Marti so far.

I watched a podcast a few months ago (sorry, the name of it escapes me, but it was a couple of Irish lads focused on how young Irish lads in general are getting on at their respective professional clubs) where Armstrong was interviewed and he revealed how closely he'd been working with Paul Hall to get himself up to speed.

I'm sure we'd all love to know what the actual f*ck they've been working on, because it's hard to see much progression this season, apart from the fact he doesn't get caught offside as much.

How many times has he bottled it when in a 1-1 situation with a keeper, or scuffed his shot like he did early doors on Saturday?

Its not difficult to see what needs work with him, but somehow somewhere the dots are clearly not being joined up.
Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 19:17 - Apr 8 with 706 viewsstainrods_elbow

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 16:10 - Apr 8 by E15Hoop

I watched a podcast a few months ago (sorry, the name of it escapes me, but it was a couple of Irish lads focused on how young Irish lads in general are getting on at their respective professional clubs) where Armstrong was interviewed and he revealed how closely he'd been working with Paul Hall to get himself up to speed.

I'm sure we'd all love to know what the actual f*ck they've been working on, because it's hard to see much progression this season, apart from the fact he doesn't get caught offside as much.

How many times has he bottled it when in a 1-1 situation with a keeper, or scuffed his shot like he did early doors on Saturday?

Its not difficult to see what needs work with him, but somehow somewhere the dots are clearly not being joined up.

I'd really like to know Marti's and the coaching staff's view of his fabled 'potential'? How much 'development' do they think he has in him, and what's their evidence? And what about Armstrong himself? Does he fancy himself to become a 'top, top' player?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Complacent QPR caught cold by Owls – Report on 20:40 - Apr 8 with 616 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

15 minutes in could tell we weren't up for it and would lose. Yet again the weak mentality of the players appears just when the opposite was needed.

What we could do with a Keane or Viera in that group. So frustrating and disappointing yet again.

Great write up though ! 🙂
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024