Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DUFF OUT 21:38 - Sep 16 with 6400 viewsRhonddaSwans

end of duff out

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

DUFF OUT on 10:55 - Sep 17 with 1595 viewsBillyChong

The yanks going for a cheap level below manager and flogging star players each window was always going to end badly. A slow but sure process.
DUFF OUT on 11:26 - Sep 17 with 1535 viewsyatesie3

DUFF OUT on 22:59 - Sep 16 by majorraglan

I’d have thought that after spending a reported £500k on securing his services, they won’t pull they trigger that quickly.

But how much would relegation cost?
DUFF OUT on 12:00 - Sep 17 with 1460 viewsguthrieintherain

DUFF OUT on 11:26 - Sep 17 by yatesie3

But how much would relegation cost?

Nobody has ever been relegated with 40 games to go

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

DUFF OUT on 12:06 - Sep 17 with 1435 viewscadleigh

They didn’t sack Martin when he went six games with only one point last season, so I doubt they’ll press the panic button so soon in this case. I have to say that I was another one who thought that last night’s game would be a turning point, new players bedding in, finally seeing things click. I couldn’t have been more wrong - the misplaced passes were as bad as anything we’ve seen since Oxford in pre-season, they played like a bunch of strangers for much of the game.

On the plus side it was a better defensive display than we are used to. But that only emphasised how poor the midfield were and how lacking we are in creativity.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

DUFF OUT on 13:30 - Sep 17 with 1335 viewsFireboy2

DUFF OUT on 12:06 - Sep 17 by cadleigh

They didn’t sack Martin when he went six games with only one point last season, so I doubt they’ll press the panic button so soon in this case. I have to say that I was another one who thought that last night’s game would be a turning point, new players bedding in, finally seeing things click. I couldn’t have been more wrong - the misplaced passes were as bad as anything we’ve seen since Oxford in pre-season, they played like a bunch of strangers for much of the game.

On the plus side it was a better defensive display than we are used to. But that only emphasised how poor the midfield were and how lacking we are in creativity.

Spot on Cad, great post.

Our defence was good last night but our midfield was non existent, which made lowe and Yates look awful, the midfield is what worries me, we have fulton, grimes, patino, paterson and an injury prone allen, whoever we play in midfield in a 3 5 2 system will be over run, that's why he needs to play either a 4 3 3 or 4 4 2 until we start getting results.

Noticed millwalls system today, even though they are losing they are playing g on the front football.

Their system is 3 1 4 2.

We could try that using

Rushworth

Darling/Wood
Wood/Cabango
Pedersen

Grimes

Key
Patino
Paterson
Tymon

Yates/Lola
Lowe/Ginnelly

In attack it would be the above, the strikers would have support that has been massively missing and in defence it would revert to a 5 3 2.

But I suspect that duff will be stubborn and he will stick to his system, if he does and we don't Improve then he's a fool and deserves to be sacked.
DUFF OUT on 13:39 - Sep 17 with 1323 viewsjack247

DUFF OUT on 13:30 - Sep 17 by Fireboy2

Spot on Cad, great post.

Our defence was good last night but our midfield was non existent, which made lowe and Yates look awful, the midfield is what worries me, we have fulton, grimes, patino, paterson and an injury prone allen, whoever we play in midfield in a 3 5 2 system will be over run, that's why he needs to play either a 4 3 3 or 4 4 2 until we start getting results.

Noticed millwalls system today, even though they are losing they are playing g on the front football.

Their system is 3 1 4 2.

We could try that using

Rushworth

Darling/Wood
Wood/Cabango
Pedersen

Grimes

Key
Patino
Paterson
Tymon

Yates/Lola
Lowe/Ginnelly

In attack it would be the above, the strikers would have support that has been massively missing and in defence it would revert to a 5 3 2.

But I suspect that duff will be stubborn and he will stick to his system, if he does and we don't Improve then he's a fool and deserves to be sacked.

Last paragraph. He pretty much says that in his post game interview and we knew it anyway. Paraphrasing - he knows what he believes in and he’s sticking with it.
DUFF OUT on 13:53 - Sep 17 with 1298 viewsFireboy2

DUFF OUT on 13:39 - Sep 17 by jack247

Last paragraph. He pretty much says that in his post game interview and we knew it anyway. Paraphrasing - he knows what he believes in and he’s sticking with it.

I have never watched any prezzers and I never will.

What I care about is how he manages in training and games.
DUFF OUT on 13:58 - Sep 17 with 1281 viewsjack247

DUFF OUT on 13:53 - Sep 17 by Fireboy2

I have never watched any prezzers and I never will.

What I care about is how he manages in training and games.

Agree, that’s what’s important. I wouldn’t care what he said in his press conference if he was getting results.

But yeah, he pretty much said what you did. He’s too stubborn to change.
Login to get fewer ads

DUFF OUT on 14:30 - Sep 17 with 1266 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

DUFF OUT on 13:58 - Sep 17 by jack247

Agree, that’s what’s important. I wouldn’t care what he said in his press conference if he was getting results.

But yeah, he pretty much said what you did. He’s too stubborn to change.

You get an insight about how a manager communicates and some decent clues about a manager's traits from a press conference.
Martin was obviously strong on valuing people, generally optimistic and the language he used indicated he was rigid in sticking to his principles. He thought of himself very highly and referenced himself regularly.

Duff is downbeat, his interpersonal skills are limited and his pragmatism borders on inflexibility. His responses to questions lack imagination, his default seems to be 'that's the way it is'.
I have concerns about how bright he is, Duff is a bad hire, I've seen enough.

Klopp is a good example, good with people, likes fun, obviously enthusiastic about life. Irritable when things go wrong, does not suffer fools gladly and is authentic.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

DUFF OUT on 16:12 - Sep 17 with 1190 viewsyatesie3

DUFF OUT on 12:00 - Sep 17 by guthrieintherain

Nobody has ever been relegated with 40 games to go

Tell me how things will go differently because at the moment we deserve to be bottom
DUFF OUT on 18:29 - Sep 17 with 1096 viewsshingle

The only way to stop this decline is a complete clear out starting with these owners even get rid of the yes men like Trundle but none of this is going to happen so the possibility of playing Wrexham home and away next season becomes stronger with each passing game.
DUFF OUT on 18:56 - Sep 17 with 1045 viewsKeithHaynes

DUFF OUT on 18:29 - Sep 17 by shingle

The only way to stop this decline is a complete clear out starting with these owners even get rid of the yes men like Trundle but none of this is going to happen so the possibility of playing Wrexham home and away next season becomes stronger with each passing game.

‘Passing game ‘ ?
He’s gone mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

DUFF OUT on 19:46 - Sep 17 with 965 viewsbuilthjack

He might turn it around. Hope so.
If we lose at QPR and then go down a goal on Saturday he will need to get his ear muffs on.
Having said that, did he have a say in any transfers?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

DUFF OUT on 19:50 - Sep 17 with 947 viewsjack247

DUFF OUT on 19:46 - Sep 17 by builthjack

If we lose at QPR and then go down a goal on Saturday he will need to get his ear muffs on.

Doesn’t look like it. Ginelly reduced to a bit part role, Kukharevych even less. Humphreys was away with England for part of the break, but I was surprised he didn’t start yesterday.
DUFF OUT on 19:52 - Sep 17 with 942 viewsKeithHaynes

DUFF OUT on 19:46 - Sep 17 by builthjack

Josh Key most certainly not.
And anyone who knew about Mykola is a football encyclopaedia so not him either.

Jerry Yates and Tymon we were told were endorsed by him.

The rest who can say ?

Much of this was researched by Watson and Marsh with the names being agreed thereafter.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

DUFF OUT on 09:35 - Sep 18 with 753 viewsjohnlangy

DUFF OUT on 22:53 - Sep 16 by blaenaugwentjack

Cameron Toshack, Osian Roberts in fact anyone . Got to be better than this shit. No shape no passion no formation no style of play and no logic to the substitutions. I would even take a non league manager. We are heading for league one with this anchor.

I agree re no style of play.

The start of RM's time was shambolic on the field but at least you could see what he was trying to do whether you thought it a good idea or not.

I can see nothing at the moment apart from quite a lot of hoofball which is the last thing I want.
DUFF OUT on 09:45 - Sep 18 with 746 viewsonehunglow

DUFF OUT on 14:30 - Sep 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

You get an insight about how a manager communicates and some decent clues about a manager's traits from a press conference.
Martin was obviously strong on valuing people, generally optimistic and the language he used indicated he was rigid in sticking to his principles. He thought of himself very highly and referenced himself regularly.

Duff is downbeat, his interpersonal skills are limited and his pragmatism borders on inflexibility. His responses to questions lack imagination, his default seems to be 'that's the way it is'.
I have concerns about how bright he is, Duff is a bad hire, I've seen enough.

Klopp is a good example, good with people, likes fun, obviously enthusiastic about life. Irritable when things go wrong, does not suffer fools gladly and is authentic.

I both agree with that and disagree with bits of it.
You are dead with Kloop.
We have the polar opposite of Martin persona right now and I’m as uncomfortable now as I was then .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024