Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Freeman.....on a free? 11:53 - Aug 24 with 8798 viewsDoudou87

Would you?

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 16:27 - Aug 24 with 2416 viewseastside_r

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 16:13 - Aug 24 by BAWHoops

Depends what happens re Willock and Chair.
If they go late in the window and we have v few options then perhaps.
We know he's the 'right sort' and can certainly do a job in that hustling/creative role.
Needs to be low wages though as there's zero sell on fee

Agree with this.

Also, with 5 subs, we wouldn’t necessarily be asking (or wanting) to play him for 100 minutes, twice a week.
Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 16:36 - Aug 24 with 2338 viewsLazyFan

The problem with Freeman is this ...

When he joined us from Brizzle it was clear he was overweight, but as we saw he decided to sort that out, get super fit and then he was Prem class with the skill he had. He even increased his speed so, he was not exactly fast, but no longer slow. Able to get up and down the pitch quickly as he did on that night against Leeds.

Since leaving us, he has once again put on weight and not looked after himself and then injuries of course have made it worse.

It all down to him, if he can get super fit (which is mental strength as well as physical) then he has the skill (as he's that good) to get into every team in the Champ.

However, I think that time at QPR was a one off, whereby he got himself in superb condition and that why we saw the best of him and that is unlikely to happen again.

If, he were somehow able to prove he could get himself in shape (dunno how he cou7ld do that before signing on) then yes he would be a great signing and keep us up as he's that good.

zzzzzzzzzz

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 16:51 - Aug 24 with 2287 viewskensalriser

A player unavailable for selection is the worst player in the world. So we should probably learn from our very long experience of signing players who aren't available for selection very frequently not to sign more of them.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 16:58]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 16:56 - Aug 24 with 2271 viewsWokingR

It's a no from me, regardless of fitness.
For every Leeds type performance there were 3 or 4 times as many where I remember him just throwing his hands in the air like some frustrated/petulant child.
Imagine how frustrating he'll find this lot
Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 17:47 - Aug 24 with 2125 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 16:36 - Aug 24 by LazyFan

The problem with Freeman is this ...

When he joined us from Brizzle it was clear he was overweight, but as we saw he decided to sort that out, get super fit and then he was Prem class with the skill he had. He even increased his speed so, he was not exactly fast, but no longer slow. Able to get up and down the pitch quickly as he did on that night against Leeds.

Since leaving us, he has once again put on weight and not looked after himself and then injuries of course have made it worse.

It all down to him, if he can get super fit (which is mental strength as well as physical) then he has the skill (as he's that good) to get into every team in the Champ.

However, I think that time at QPR was a one off, whereby he got himself in superb condition and that why we saw the best of him and that is unlikely to happen again.

If, he were somehow able to prove he could get himself in shape (dunno how he cou7ld do that before signing on) then yes he would be a great signing and keep us up as he's that good.

As Marvin Hagler put it, "It's tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5am when you've been sleeping in silk pyjamas."
Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 18:19 - Aug 24 with 2012 viewsJules4367

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 13:20 - Aug 24 by CamberleyR

No. We need to stop this obsession with signing ex-players that were decent for us once upon a time, we need to be finding the next Luke Freeman when he played for Stevenage.

Someone mentioned to Les Ferdinand a passing comment a couple of years ago that 'isn't it strange how we release players and then they comeback and score against us?' (wait for a long kick from Lumley on Saturday!) and so he convinced others to check out the old R's players and start buying them back - as a way to prevent them scoring against us! That's why!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 18:21]
Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 18:44 - Aug 24 with 1934 viewsNorthantsHoop

Never really happened for him since he left us, but you could not blame him for giving it a go. As has been said earlier got himself fit at Rangers and it paid off, never really fitted at Sheff Utd for whatever reason, fitness, Wilder just saw him as a squad player and has just spent last couple of years or so being loaned out until Luton signed him. Should we re-sign him, possibly if Chair is sold by the end of the window and hope we can get him fit, although our record in getting players fit does not bode well.
Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 20:16 - Aug 24 with 1803 viewsbaz_qpr

Struggling to remember a single instance where a player came back and was even half as good as the first time
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 20:20 - Aug 24 with 1795 viewsAntti_Heinola

Routledge

Bare bones.

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 21:01 - Aug 24 with 1664 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 20:16 - Aug 24 by baz_qpr

Struggling to remember a single instance where a player came back and was even half as good as the first time

Furlong

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 22:33 - Aug 24 with 1503 viewsloftboy

Gallen wasn’t too shoddy.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 22:43 - Aug 24 with 1467 viewsrbee

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 16:13 - Aug 24 by BAWHoops

Depends what happens re Willock and Chair.
If they go late in the window and we have v few options then perhaps.
We know he's the 'right sort' and can certainly do a job in that hustling/creative role.
Needs to be low wages though as there's zero sell on fee

Depends on what happens re Willock, Chair and Eze!

Luke played his best football with us and hasn't played regular football since. A yes from me if Chris or Illias move on or Eze gets sold.
Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 23:15 - Aug 24 with 1377 viewsHoopsie

Over 30 - checked
Released on a free - checked
Not played regularly for more than 6 months - checked
Former player that played well - checked

Why not.

Sign of times

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 23:31 - Aug 24 with 1349 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Even if Luke were to return half as good as his first stint, that would still be better than many of the players we're currently fielding.
Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 00:34 - Aug 25 with 1283 viewsDejR_vu

Surely, the logical thinking here should be
1) is there a fee? ‘No’, go to 2
2) what are his salary demands and can we meet them? If he can get more elsewhere, that’s the end of it. Otherwise, go to 3
3) is he better than we’ve got in a position we’re short in? It seems to me unless Chair or Willock go, that’s a no.
4) If one goes, is there anyone in-house that’s better than him. Looking at our bench, for different reasons, that looks like a ‘no’
5) can we find a better option for the same money elsewhere? I’m sure they’re out there, I seriously doubt we’d be able to find them
5) can we keep him fit?

He left us for one Premier League club, and last season played for another that got promoted to the Prem. If he’s good enough for them, I’m not sure why we should be turning our noses up at him.

Given our predicament and inability to unearth lower league gems with resale value, I don’t understand how we can be so picky on the basis that he played for us once, was our best player, but might not be as good this time around.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 01:00 - Aug 25 with 1258 viewskensalriser

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 00:34 - Aug 25 by DejR_vu

Surely, the logical thinking here should be
1) is there a fee? ‘No’, go to 2
2) what are his salary demands and can we meet them? If he can get more elsewhere, that’s the end of it. Otherwise, go to 3
3) is he better than we’ve got in a position we’re short in? It seems to me unless Chair or Willock go, that’s a no.
4) If one goes, is there anyone in-house that’s better than him. Looking at our bench, for different reasons, that looks like a ‘no’
5) can we find a better option for the same money elsewhere? I’m sure they’re out there, I seriously doubt we’d be able to find them
5) can we keep him fit?

He left us for one Premier League club, and last season played for another that got promoted to the Prem. If he’s good enough for them, I’m not sure why we should be turning our noses up at him.

Given our predicament and inability to unearth lower league gems with resale value, I don’t understand how we can be so picky on the basis that he played for us once, was our best player, but might not be as good this time around.

Because, again, it doesn't matter how theoretically good he might be if he's not available for selection half the time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 07:58 - Aug 25 with 1127 viewsBushRanger82

No.
Hardly set the world alight since leaving us, has he?
When we make a move to sign a player, we must be as sure as we can be, that player will improve our team/squad.
Just don't think Freeman would do that.
Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 08:07 - Aug 25 with 1106 viewsHAYESBOY

If we got back the Luke Freeman we had then yes. But I in reality he is not the player he was.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 08:42 - Aug 25 with 1041 viewsDejR_vu

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 01:00 - Aug 25 by kensalriser

Because, again, it doesn't matter how theoretically good he might be if he's not available for selection half the time.

Agreed, which is why the last question was ‘can we keep him fit?’. All the boxes would/should need to be ticked.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Luke Freeman.....on a free? on 08:52 - Aug 25 with 999 viewsdmm

A no from me too, for all the reasons already stated.

Also, if we can afford more player wages the priorities are surely a RWB and/or a striker. Ainsworth latest on incoming players is pretty negative so it's looking like we might be done anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024