Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 129048 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:12 - May 23 with 1538 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 22:29 - May 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

This will confuse our resident dull idiot.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-petition-calling-20mp

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 16:16 - May 23 with 1470 viewsSullutaCreturned

If they wanted to save lives they'd put more police on the streets. They'd start treating crime more seriously and actually be attending every crime scene, but for that they need more resources. Then they'd put more police cars out there and chase down all the dangerous drivers but again, resources. They'd put more cameras up but not just speed cameras, live cameras that catch stupid drivers.....RESOURCES.

They tell us there's no money but they'll increase the number in the Senedd. There's always more money for politicians.

No wonder Sunak is so unpoular and support for Gething has plummeted.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:42 - May 23 with 1416 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 14:44 - May 23 by Boundy

I'd like to know how Waters can categorically state that lives have been saved,when in fact deaths have risen in n Wales

He's a politician.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 19:01 - May 23 with 1406 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 14:44 - May 23 by Boundy

I'd like to know how Waters can categorically state that lives have been saved,when in fact deaths have risen in n Wales

Duplicate post.
[Post edited 23 May 19:02]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 19:55 - May 23 with 1388 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 16:16 - May 23 by SullutaCreturned

If they wanted to save lives they'd put more police on the streets. They'd start treating crime more seriously and actually be attending every crime scene, but for that they need more resources. Then they'd put more police cars out there and chase down all the dangerous drivers but again, resources. They'd put more cameras up but not just speed cameras, live cameras that catch stupid drivers.....RESOURCES.

They tell us there's no money but they'll increase the number in the Senedd. There's always more money for politicians.

No wonder Sunak is so unpoular and support for Gething has plummeted.

But many members of the black community detest and distrust police
They always have and always will.
That simple

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 20:06 - May 23 with 1379 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 19:55 - May 23 by onehunglow

But many members of the black community detest and distrust police
They always have and always will.
That simple

Not only black people mate.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:39 - Aug 9 with 1081 viewsWhiterockin

Is the end of the default 20mph speed limit in Wales in sight and have those who signed the petition won.

https://www.gbnews.com/lifestyle/cars/mandatory-20mph-speed-limits
The 20MPH punishments on 15:01 - Aug 9 with 1067 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 14:39 - Aug 9 by Whiterockin

Is the end of the default 20mph speed limit in Wales in sight and have those who signed the petition won.

And therefore costs incurred with sticking the signs up.

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 09:33 - Aug 12 with 948 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 14:39 - Aug 9 by Whiterockin

It's not a competition. It's about saving lives and saving the NHS money. Those who signed, obviously don't care about that
The 20MPH punishments on 09:39 - Aug 12 with 944 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:06 - May 23 by Whiterockin

Not only black people mate.

This could be why.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/pensioners-were-drinking-tea-dressing-061725086.html
The 20MPH punishments on 21:23 - Aug 16 with 791 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 08:48 - Aug 4 by majorraglan

There is definitely a requirement for 20 mph speed limits IN SOME PLACES, but it shouldn’t be the default everywhere.I’ve no issues with it outside schools, on walk to school routes used by kids (it can be timed say between 8am an 9.30a, then again at the end of the school day) outside parks etc etc.
The problem we have is that it’s become a politicians pet project and criticism or attempts to modify it get short shrift as they don’t want to make changes which will cause them to lose face. Politicians tend to be surrounded by special advisors who promote the narrative and civil servants who are there to implement government policy, if the civil service highlight concerns etc they’ll be seen as militant which they aren’t and get criticised heavily - look at the references we’ve been seeing in relation to the blob in papers such as the Daily Mail, the civil servants can’t help it if some of their masters are morons trying to introduce stupid ideas. Look what happened with Truss and Kwarteng, they decide to get rid of the top guy at the treasury as they aren’t keen on treasury orthodoxy, what happens next? They decide to appoint a new person, move ahead with their own ideas ignoring the likes of the OBR etc and the whole thing implodes because the system and markets don’t like what’s happening. They cost us £65bn ffs!

We’re having the 20mph limit here, but it’s coming in all over the place including cities and towns in England.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 21:50]

Wirral has it
Has it improved driving?
Has it cxxx
Still see drivers drinking coffee,eating burgers ,texting and treating pedestrians as object of contempt .

The 20MPH punishments on 05:32 - Aug 22 with 665 viewsAnotherJohn

It looks like the Senedd policy went down well with Labour in Westminster. Do they have the same "we know what is best for you" mindset?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-08-21/uk-20mph-zones-ltns-transport
The 20MPH punishments on 07:30 - Aug 22 with 635 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 05:32 - Aug 22 by AnotherJohn

It looks like the Senedd policy went down well with Labour in Westminster. Do they have the same "we know what is best for you" mindset?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-08-21/uk-20mph-zones-ltns-transport

As it should have been in Wales. Local councils deciding where 20mph limits should be implemented with funding from central government. The 20mph default speed limit has always been a ridiculous decision as verified by Labour in Westminster.
The 20MPH punishments on 07:57 - Aug 22 with 588 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 07:30 - Aug 22 by Whiterockin

As it should have been in Wales. Local councils deciding where 20mph limits should be implemented with funding from central government. The 20mph default speed limit has always been a ridiculous decision as verified by Labour in Westminster.

There’s nothing wrong with 20 mph limits in the right places and the concept of encouraging cycling to improve health is also sound. What we’ve had forced on us through the introduction of “watertight” guidance / legislation which removed any wiggle room and the ability to apply common sense was ridiculous.

In England there’s been a proliferation of 20 mph zones. I was in Bristol last week and they are almost everywhere, driving in the city wasn’t a particularly pleasant experience on account of the changing speed limits, moped riders delivering food weaving in and out of the traffic, cyclists coming from all directions and completely ignoring the Highway Code and worse still the people using the scooters. I was glad to get out of there.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:17 - Aug 22 with 568 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 07:57 - Aug 22 by majorraglan

There’s nothing wrong with 20 mph limits in the right places and the concept of encouraging cycling to improve health is also sound. What we’ve had forced on us through the introduction of “watertight” guidance / legislation which removed any wiggle room and the ability to apply common sense was ridiculous.

In England there’s been a proliferation of 20 mph zones. I was in Bristol last week and they are almost everywhere, driving in the city wasn’t a particularly pleasant experience on account of the changing speed limits, moped riders delivering food weaving in and out of the traffic, cyclists coming from all directions and completely ignoring the Highway Code and worse still the people using the scooters. I was glad to get out of there.

All over here too. We abut a 20 mph. Do they stick to it?
Do they fick

are they better drivers because if it

Nah

The 20MPH punishments on 08:53 - Aug 22 with 535 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 07:57 - Aug 22 by majorraglan

Agreed a common sense approach, rather than a dictatorship trying to prove a point. Silly really because this approach coupled with other decisions will cost Labour in the next Senedd elections.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:07 - Aug 22 with 496 viewsScotia

The 20MPH punishments on 08:53 - Aug 22 by Whiterockin

Agreed a common sense approach, rather than a dictatorship trying to prove a point. Silly really because this approach coupled with other decisions will cost Labour in the next Senedd elections.

I think it'll change by the next Senedd election. As will a lot of other stuff
The 20MPH punishments on 11:16 - Aug 22 with 446 viewsAnotherJohn

The 20MPH punishments on 10:07 - Aug 22 by Scotia

I think it'll change by the next Senedd election. As will a lot of other stuff

It is good that Wales is reviewing the current 20mph zones, but for now this just adds another layer of confusion. One caller in a radio phone-in I heard this morning said that drivers just need to look at the signs, but I don't find this that easy. i think the problem we had in a few places with a 30mph sign at one end of a stretch of road and 20mph at the other seems to have been ironed out, but there are a couple of places near where I live where side roads are signposted 20 mph when the road they come off is already a 20 mph zone, making me wonder if a 30 limit has been restored. Before the change the speed limit indication in my heads-up display coming from my satnav made things simple, but now there are some places where it displays the wrong limit. The supplier seem to be gradually updating the map but it is still far from perfect. So still plenty of scope to make a mistake and get a ticket.
[Post edited 22 Aug 14:14]
The 20MPH punishments on 11:47 - Aug 22 with 434 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 11:16 - Aug 22 by AnotherJohn

It is good that Wales is reviewing the current 20mph zones, but for now this just adds another layer of confusion. One caller in a radio phone-in I heard this morning said that drivers just need to look at the signs, but I don't find this that easy. i think the problem we had in a few places with a 30mph sign at one end of a stretch of road and 20mph at the other seems to have been ironed out, but there are a couple of places near where I live where side roads are signposted 20 mph when the road they come off is already a 20 mph zone, making me wonder if a 30 limit has been restored. Before the change the speed limit indication in my heads-up display coming from my satnav made things simple, but now there are some places where it displays the wrong limit. The supplier seem to be gradually updating the map but it is still far from perfect. So still plenty of scope to make a mistake and get a ticket.
[Post edited 22 Aug 14:14]

Drive through some rural areas and all 20 30 40 and 50 signs are painted out, it's a free for all.
The 20MPH punishments on 13:03 - Aug 22 with 393 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 05:32 - Aug 22 by AnotherJohn

Its becoming a world wide policy, the elites don't want the us mere mortals having any sort of freedoms and one of the biggest freedom we have is the ability to travel ( within our borders and beyond under certain circumstances) far and wide. I see Waters the architect of Wales disastrous policy is a key note speaker in Australia , just how did some 3rd rate local councillor become so influential although I suppose it doesn't matter who speaks the message as long as the message remains the same.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 15:24 - Aug 22 with 311 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:47 - Aug 22 by Whiterockin

Drive through some rural areas and all 20 30 40 and 50 signs are painted out, it's a free for all.

It's default 20mph in rural areas with street lights. No excuses for exceeding the limit. Some signs are obscured by trees, but that wouldn't wash as an excuse
The 20MPH punishments on 18:32 - Aug 22 with 255 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 15:24 - Aug 22 by controversial_jack

It's default 20mph in rural areas with street lights. No excuses for exceeding the limit. Some signs are obscured by trees, but that wouldn't wash as an excuse

Thank you for you insightful contribution. 👍

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 09:33 - Aug 23 with 190 viewsScotia

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/cycling-race-route-moved-because-29795398
The 20MPH punishments on 09:41 - Aug 23 with 183 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:33 - Aug 23 by Scotia

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/cycling-race-route-moved-because-29795398

Looks like the tour of Wales cycle race has decended into farce this year. The route has been changed and shortened to avoid any section that has a 20mph limit. The 20mph limit does not apply to cyclist but does apply to all the support vehicles which cannot keep up with the cyclist. It even prevents the police motorbikes from doing their job of closing roads ahead of the race and opening them after the race has passed . The police motorbikes could not overtake the cyclist in 20 mph zones.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 10:15 - Aug 23 with 171 viewsAnotherJohn

The 20MPH punishments on 09:41 - Aug 23 by felixstowe_jack

Looks like the tour of Wales cycle race has decended into farce this year. The route has been changed and shortened to avoid any section that has a 20mph limit. The 20mph limit does not apply to cyclist but does apply to all the support vehicles which cannot keep up with the cyclist. It even prevents the police motorbikes from doing their job of closing roads ahead of the race and opening them after the race has passed . The police motorbikes could not overtake the cyclist in 20 mph zones.

WG Spokesperson: "The introduction of 20mph does not change [the] position". Usual tin ear, and they talk about community empowerment and responsiveness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024