Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oysters 20:12 - Jun 5 with 3572 viewsNoDiddley

Pooped to Leigh on sea the other day, people guzzling them like no tomorrow, any takers?
Oysters on 20:18 - Jun 5 with 3000 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Get yourself down to Whitstable on July 17th for the Oyster festival if that’s your bag. My missus took me there ten years ago when we first met. It’s a meal I still think about regularly, for good reasons.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 20:19]
Oysters on 20:24 - Jun 5 with 2976 viewsMrSheen

Used to love them, especially in Kinsale, but got horribly sick once and developed my one and only allergy. Got very Ill again after unknowingly eating one in a Japanese bento box, won’t risk it again.
Oysters on 20:25 - Jun 5 with 2960 viewsMick_S

Snot off a Turtle’s back. No thanks.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Oysters on 20:28 - Jun 5 with 2946 viewsLblock

Don't poop in the sea.

The locals don't like it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oysters on 20:43 - Jun 5 with 2910 viewscolinallcars

Although I think of myself as a bit of a foodie, I've never had oysters or caviar. Or that Wagu beef or whatever they call it.
Oysters on 20:45 - Jun 5 with 2908 viewsToast_R

My late uncle worked a lot in France before finally retiring over there. He used to bring back Fresh Oysters and as a kid I'd partake and thought they were OK but massively over rated. Then one time he opened one up, slurped it back before a live worm dropped out the shell and wriggled around on his plate. That was it for me. Never touched them since.
Oysters on 21:12 - Jun 5 with 2850 viewshantssi

Did you poop before or after eating them?!
Oysters on 21:35 - Jun 5 with 2806 viewskensalriser

Love em but slighlty less keen after last week's news about e coli levels and, possibly related, the government voting to keep on letting water companies discharge raw sewage into waterways.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Oysters on 22:35 - Jun 5 with 2743 viewsDWQPR

Oysters on 21:35 - Jun 5 by kensalriser

Love em but slighlty less keen after last week's news about e coli levels and, possibly related, the government voting to keep on letting water companies discharge raw sewage into waterways.

Big tick in the box from me. The real taste of the sea. With fine chopped shallots in vinegar and a dash of the green Tabasco. Perfect. Give them a good chew. And accompanied with a pint of the smokiest stout. What’s not to like.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Oysters on 22:56 - Jun 5 with 2702 viewsjoe90

I like sea food, but have only had oysters once. Thought they were tasty but not had them since.

Am I right in thinking they use to be less of a ‘fine dinning’ delicacy and more of a working man’s snack, commonly paired with Guinness?

Caviar on the other hand is delicious! I’ve been fortunate enough in my life to have eaten some high quality produce.

One of Marco Pierre Whites signature dishes was an oyster and caviar tagliatelle!
Oysters on 00:31 - Jun 6 with 2632 viewsSydneyRs

Like caviar, champagne and many other 'posh' things, massively overrated because they are a bit expensive. Over the years through work have got to be at lots of corporate dos and discovered how overrated all of this stuff is IMHO.
Oysters on 00:47 - Jun 6 with 2624 viewsNorthernr

Should never have been allowed to run Blackpool into the ground like that.
Oysters on 01:10 - Jun 6 with 2602 viewsBoston

Oysters, no. Mussels, by the bucket load. Bigger the better, particularly enjoy the produce of Prince Edward Island, paired with a clam sauce and linguine, oh gawd I'm drooling.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Oysters on 01:20 - Jun 6 with 2600 viewsitsbiga

My old lady eats them. I'm not bothered but don't seek em out.
I do like a jar of pickled cockles tho.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 1:20]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Oysters on 08:51 - Jun 6 with 2481 viewsBluce_Ree

Fishy jizz blobs. Yuck!

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Oysters on 12:43 - Jun 6 with 2314 viewsJuzzie

Many moons ago (late 90's) went out for the evening with one of our suppliers to a restaurant in Covent Garden.

Next day, everyone was fine but the morning after that (a Friday) mass problems with everyone from 'both ends'. I think all but one of the ten or so of us had oysters.
One girl managed to plead & beg Underground staff to use a toilet otherwise it would have got very messy on the platform.

I just managed to make it into work myself before dashing to the bathroom and spending most of the morning there before making my way home in the afternoon.

Not touched them since.
Oysters on 12:47 - Jun 6 with 2305 viewsBluce_Ree

Had the same with scallops. Had them as a starter. They were delicious to be fair. I ended up rushing off for the toilet before I could order dessert.

Absolute case of Sloppy Toms. Horrific.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Oysters on 12:58 - Jun 6 with 2293 viewsActonExile

I've had them twice, the first they were free at a works do and had 4 or 5, the second time i had to pay for it and had 1, in my humble opinion there is far tastier fair from the sea Cockles, mussels, whelks, scallops all lovely, had lobster once = tasteless.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Oysters on 12:59 - Jun 6 with 2285 viewsjohnhoop

Really enjoy them when I’m in Korea. My sister-in-law fries them in a light tempura batter and they’ve never made me sick once.
Oysters on 13:22 - Jun 6 with 2221 viewsSimonJames

Not a fan of raw oysters, but I like them smoked.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Oysters on 14:10 - Jun 6 with 2157 viewsFG_R

In Victorian Britain they were definitely a poor man's food. The following is an extract from Pickwick papers (by Charles Dickens).

‘What I mean, sir,’ said Sam, ‘is, that the poorer a place is, the greater call there seems to be for oysters. Look here, sir; here’s a oyster-stall to every half-dozen houses. The street’s lined vith ‘em. Blessed if I don’t think that ven a man’s wery poor, he rushes out of his lodgings, and eats oysters in reg’lar desperation.’
Oysters on 14:58 - Jun 6 with 2104 viewsizlingtonhoop

I got my 60+ Oyster yesterday.
👐👏🙌👏
Go anywhere in tfl area after 9 for 20 nicka outlay, till July 2030.

Now, that's value.
Oysters on 15:16 - Jun 6 with 2054 viewsHantsR

I was told that they were an aphrodisiac, so I ate 7 of them...sadly, only 3 worked.
Oysters on 19:05 - Jun 6 with 1888 viewshantssi

Oysters on 00:47 - Jun 6 by Northernr

Should never have been allowed to run Blackpool into the ground like that.

See what you did there Norf 😆
Oysters on 01:18 - Jun 7 with 1734 viewsBoston

Occasionally, after a storm, bags of oysters are blown ashore right in front of my holiday homes kitchen. I should give them back, but I don't. As I'm not really enamoured with the mollusc, I'll consume half a dozen and give the rest to the local sex maniacs in the Waterford farming community.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024