Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the poster 16:42 - Feb 9 with 1942 viewsDubaiR

Who said it was madness to suggest we hadn’t heard of or wouldn’t know the Dutch lad from Brighton.. well Les him self said we weren’t aware of Tim, the lad who had won a tournament for England.

I don’t think our knowledge of players is at the level it should be based on Les comments.

That lad from Brighton may have been no good but goals record ok and 29. Was it a case we didn’t fancy or didn’t know

Great interview though Clive. Thought would be more critical of PBBC but he remained professional.
To the poster on 17:06 - Feb 9 with 1810 viewsaston_hoop

I said it and I stand by it. I think you might be misinterpreting what is meant by 'know' a player there. I mean Iroegbunam was a key player for England's U19s Euro victory in the summer. If you play FPL, you'd have spotted him as a chea midfield option! We'd have heard of him, that we didn't know enough about him is no big deal on its own, we would likely have had more realistic targets. What should worry us is that we let Beale come in and pick him which is the only reason he plays for us. Its not really been a roaring success either so hopefully the only lesson learned is to stick with the people we have targeted ourselves.

On the Dutch lad, its a really odd thing to beat the club with. Is he actually any good? What have you seen of him? I assume you haven't just scouted him on Wikipedia so what does he offer value-wise and style-wise compared to Martin? Is he happy to move to London? What are his wage demands? Is he fine with a short term deal and guaranteed release at the end of it when Dykes is fit? Is he fit himself? Do you know for sure the club hasn't spoken to him?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

To the poster on 18:42 - Feb 9 with 1681 viewsDubaiR

No mate not seen him so don’t know if good or not but seems to have a semi decent track record and no club as believe he was in Russia but could be wrong in that.

I just hope we are scouting and looking. I do know a couple of lads we were alerted to and never sent anybody down. I know that happens but are we really looking across all levels?
To the poster on 19:21 - Feb 9 with 1582 viewsTK1

To the poster on 17:06 - Feb 9 by aston_hoop

I said it and I stand by it. I think you might be misinterpreting what is meant by 'know' a player there. I mean Iroegbunam was a key player for England's U19s Euro victory in the summer. If you play FPL, you'd have spotted him as a chea midfield option! We'd have heard of him, that we didn't know enough about him is no big deal on its own, we would likely have had more realistic targets. What should worry us is that we let Beale come in and pick him which is the only reason he plays for us. Its not really been a roaring success either so hopefully the only lesson learned is to stick with the people we have targeted ourselves.

On the Dutch lad, its a really odd thing to beat the club with. Is he actually any good? What have you seen of him? I assume you haven't just scouted him on Wikipedia so what does he offer value-wise and style-wise compared to Martin? Is he happy to move to London? What are his wage demands? Is he fine with a short term deal and guaranteed release at the end of it when Dykes is fit? Is he fit himself? Do you know for sure the club hasn't spoken to him?

It's Jurgen Locadia. Played 35 times for Brighton over four years even though he cost them £15 million+, their record-signing: turned out to be a big let-down, scored three times. More of Lowe-style wide attacker than a CF. Not a 9, so not what was required. Hasn't played since being sent home from Iran in December. Of course the club know about him, and of course they knew about Tim Iroegbunam, one of the most highly rated young English midfielders (no matter what we read here, signing him was a coup): LF obviously meant Beale knew him personally as a coach which is how they got him. If they're off scouting players in Columbia, they'll know players in PL squads here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024