Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... 12:15 - Aug 26 with 17930 viewsNorthernr

Basically seems, in eight weeks, to have reached all the same conclusions Warbs did, and now wants a 34 year old centre back he's worked with before, released from Rangers.

Development brief?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/balogun-and-aston-villa-pair-eyed-by-qpr-as-
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:42 - Aug 26 with 2450 viewsPhildo

From the horse’s mouth
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:43 - Aug 26 with 2439 viewstoboboly

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:39 - Aug 26 by Northernr

The Rangers fan we use says...

Great passer of a ball, decent in air, still quite quick, assured, occasional brain fart. Thing is even when he’s not injured he struggles to play two games a week.
He’s cool as fck as a bloke though

Excellent, i presume we are assembling 22 players, one set for weekends and the other for midweek?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 2417 viewsstanistheman

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:08 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Warbs wasn't sacked for not playing youngsters. He was sacked because results fell off a cliff and the owners lost patience. Simple as. Far, far too much has been made of a few comments and a bit of hearsay.

This is probably the most likely reason along with the refusal to bring in another striker in January along with, to some extent, refusing to give some youngsters even a few minutes in the 1st team).

To me Balogun is an insurance in case JCS doesn't recover sooner rather than later, or some other CB, gets inured as maybe he doesn't believe Masterson or Gubbins are good enough.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 2412 viewsDavieQPR

He's looked at the up and coming 24year old youngsters and thought of silk purse and cows ear.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:50 - Aug 26 with 2399 viewsStainrod

Am always firmly in the "give managers a chance" camp but am growing really concerned with Beale's apparent complete lack of consistent strategy whereby he contradicts himself every two minutes. No wonder players don't seem to respect him much!

But if he is now right that the youth is not good enough, then there should be consequences. If as said on here the club have only developed from scratch three decent players in a quarter of a century, something isn't working, clearly. We can have all the latest state of the art training pitches but it won't fundamentally change anything.

I have said before that I would scrap the youth teams and focus on polishing the turds others have flushed down the karzy - about the one area of recruitment where we have shown considerable progress. Surely it is now time for Les and the large management team around the development dept to go? They have manifestly failed.

As for the board, surely they should be telling Beale "if our youth are not good enough, go and talk to Andy Belke and see whether he has identified any more young talent".

Surely that has to be better than getting an unemployed retired crock from Glasgow? To think we let go of Barbet apparently because we wanted to develop youth (when he never missed a game with injury) and end up with a 34-year-old. Its a bloody shambles.

Its delusional if Beale thinks we could go up this season - we should stay up and that's about it. So use this season to develop young-ish players we have and a couple more we might be able to acquire, not develop Villa's starlets who are unlikely to be game-changers for us this season.

I thought the club was starting to get a lot more right but alas am beginning to think they have just found whole new ways to f*ck up.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:04 - Aug 26 with 2312 viewsNorthantsHoop

Beale's future may rest on the next couple of games, if we get walloped at Watford tomorrow and fail to beat Hull on Tuesday, he is going to be in trouble. At the moment I am not convinced by him and there could be a whiff of McLaren about him. Hope to be proved wrong.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:08 - Aug 26 with 2283 viewsdavman

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:51 - Aug 26 by Northernr

I hope you're right mate, I think we might have lost more than that last season.

Really? Was Austin stealing that much from the club then? If he was (and I always suspected his "I'll come back if they show me ambition" was just about the £££s) then for what he actually gave us last year, he should not be as revered as much as he seems to be...

Struggling to see how the wage bill would have gone up more than £3m though - that's about £60k a week extra...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:33 - Aug 26 with 2169 viewsDubaiR

We lost a lot of players in summer and so far 6 in?
Login to get fewer ads

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:33 - Aug 26 with 2169 viewsNorthernr

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:08 - Aug 26 by davman

Really? Was Austin stealing that much from the club then? If he was (and I always suspected his "I'll come back if they show me ambition" was just about the £££s) then for what he actually gave us last year, he should not be as revered as much as he seems to be...

Struggling to see how the wage bill would have gone up more than £3m though - that's about £60k a week extra...

Austin, Johansen, Dunne, Odubajo, Gray, Dozzell, Field, McCallum, Sanderson, De Wijs... I'd be surprised if it only went up by that.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:42 - Aug 26 with 2097 viewsdavman

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:33 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Austin, Johansen, Dunne, Odubajo, Gray, Dozzell, Field, McCallum, Sanderson, De Wijs... I'd be surprised if it only went up by that.

...but we must have released some players to reduce the wage bill at the same time???

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:44 - Aug 26 with 2091 viewsHunterhoop

Uncomfortable with this. He better be very cheap. We shouldn’t be playing him instead of Dickie or Dunne.

I assume JCS is out for a lot longer than anyone wants to say publicly having just spunked a chunk of the budget on him.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:50 - Aug 26 with 2071 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:44 - Aug 26 by Hunterhoop

Uncomfortable with this. He better be very cheap. We shouldn’t be playing him instead of Dickie or Dunne.

I assume JCS is out for a lot longer than anyone wants to say publicly having just spunked a chunk of the budget on him.

That’s my thought too Hunter. That and possibly there’s interest in Dickie.

Bare bones.

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 2032 viewsNortholt_Rs

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:53 - Aug 26 by SouthallRanger

Very interesting article. Thought we were going to have a quiet end to transfer window with possible only one more loan incoming.

Does seem a sharp change on policy.

To be fair, Beale has given a fair few of our academy players a chance and had others training with the first team. We were never going to fill all holes with youth but it seems only Armstrong (out of necessity, he should be on loan learning), shodipo , and Kay Kay (both as BACKUP rather than starting 11) seem good enough for first team. You can’t say he didn’t give them a chance.

Shane as I had high hopes for bettache and a couple of others in the past.

Answer was always going to be a mix of youth. But other signings seemed to be fairly young with a view to perm deals which was also encouraging.

Now it panic stations… loans and over 30s. Where is the financial head room coming from? Are we selling one of our better players?

Also worrying apart from the fact that our youth products aren’t good enough… same is going for some of our senior signings. Dozell is clearly deemed not good enough if a loan is going ahead of him and also possibly stef.

Surely if we think our senior players are good to avoid relegation then the thing to do would be add minimum needed and save as many ch money as possible for future transfer windows so that Beale can build his team.

If the reported influx does happen… is it because Beale has sniffed a playoff chance this year?

I think it’s more likely Beale has realised the current squad is more likely to get relegated this season…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 20:23 - Aug 26 with 1966 viewsBostonR

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 17:58 - Aug 26 by Northernr

I'm tempted to say, if you're just going to let the manager bring in a 34 year old he's worked with before, then... what's the point of you? I know that's harsh, but this just seems a bit wild to me today.

I agree. Sounds like some of the nasty internal politics from last season are still in play. Beale does come across as on-point and confident. Perhaps he has some guarantees in place and has been encouraged to disrupt the current regime. Either way something has to give and I sense it’s not Beale.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 20:40 - Aug 26 with 1883 viewsted_hendrix

I posted this waffle on some other thread (FWIW).
Reasonably pleased with this signing, wealth of experience etcetera and who knows we might now abandon having 10 outfield players in our penalty box every time the opposition get a penalty.
We now obviously need to address our striker deficiency problem. (good luck with that).

I also think we need to give Beale/Ferdinand and the rest of them a bit of leeway, after playing 5 games into a long season we haven't as far as I can see abandoned our youth policy, It's all very well saying this signing is not exactly what the club said earlier, we're a busines-a results busines and recent results haven't been great although not disastrous,
we're doing the best we can under difficult financial circumstances.

Get a few points on the table and things won't look so bad, but lets give Beale a bit of time instead of picking holes In what he said in the past, now Is not the time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 20:50 - Aug 26 with 1843 viewsDubaiR

We released:

Wallace
Moses
De vijs
Hendricks loan
Austin
Barbet
Gray loan
Mccullum loan
27 keepers
I make that 10/11 released we have signed 6?
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 21:08 - Aug 26 with 1763 viewsBlue_Castello

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 20:40 - Aug 26 by ted_hendrix

I posted this waffle on some other thread (FWIW).
Reasonably pleased with this signing, wealth of experience etcetera and who knows we might now abandon having 10 outfield players in our penalty box every time the opposition get a penalty.
We now obviously need to address our striker deficiency problem. (good luck with that).

I also think we need to give Beale/Ferdinand and the rest of them a bit of leeway, after playing 5 games into a long season we haven't as far as I can see abandoned our youth policy, It's all very well saying this signing is not exactly what the club said earlier, we're a busines-a results busines and recent results haven't been great although not disastrous,
we're doing the best we can under difficult financial circumstances.

Get a few points on the table and things won't look so bad, but lets give Beale a bit of time instead of picking holes In what he said in the past, now Is not the time.

Exactly too much trying to find faults at every opportunity, we all know the squads not strong enough, well at least anybody whose watched us so far this season, we need strength in depth to compete and Beale needs to be given time.....
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 21:18 - Aug 26 with 1730 viewsstevec

I’m still trying to understand how our category 2 academy is meant to compete with 15 Premier League and 9 Championship category 1 academies.

Those clubs are going to scoop up far more players than they’ll ever need so practically all the good players will be with those cat 1 sides. We also know they can take at will any players who look decent in Cat 2 sides and on the cheap.

It seems deluded to think that our new state of the art training ground will make any difference as long as we are a Cat 2 side.

Let’s just concentrate on picking up the 17-20 year old cast offs from Cat 1 sides.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 21:20 - Aug 26 with 1710 viewsBasingstokeR

So I think this says to me we’re probably selling Dickie soon?
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 21:32 - Aug 26 with 1649 viewsJamesB1979

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:02 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Again though not to keep repeating myself, but Beale himself has spent most of the summer saying (and doing) that he doesn't want to play a back three.

This is the bit that's worrying me. He said we wouldn't be doing loans, didn't want to do loans, now we're doing loans.

He said having people like Wallace and Barbet around to hold the hands of Dickie and Dunne was poitnless, they're old enough, they're experienced enough, these older players are taking up spots we need to open up, pathways etc... now we're signing a 34 year old CB.

It just feels like a circle we've been around a couple of times. We appoint a new manager because he's into player development and we need that, new manager comes in and makes positive noises about the players already here (couple of name drops of youth players), season starts badly, manager says we need experience after all, manager gets signings, manager gets sacked, new manager comes in because he's into player development...

This post has been edited by an administrator

Isn’t it just that Beale has now had some time to look at a lot of our players both in training and in matches? He can’t really judge too much until he’s worked with them. If he feels that we need improving and youth players are not good enough, then to me that’s his right to do that. He’s the manager so the buck stops with him with results. The issue for me is that 2 managers now seem to not rate our younger players and yet the club seems to. We shouldn’t be just playing youth if they’re not good enough. I personally think we should see it as a big plus that Beale has come round to this view quite quickly.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 00:33 - Aug 27 with 1371 viewskensalriser

When the facts in front of you change, you should change your opinion. Beale knows what he's got now and he knows it needs bolstering. Does anyone think we're going to be OK with what we have?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 00:56 - Aug 27 with 1322 viewsHunterhoop

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 00:33 - Aug 27 by kensalriser

When the facts in front of you change, you should change your opinion. Beale knows what he's got now and he knows it needs bolstering. Does anyone think we're going to be OK with what we have?

Yes.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 02:07 - Aug 27 with 1274 viewsozexile

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 21:18 - Aug 26 by stevec

I’m still trying to understand how our category 2 academy is meant to compete with 15 Premier League and 9 Championship category 1 academies.

Those clubs are going to scoop up far more players than they’ll ever need so practically all the good players will be with those cat 1 sides. We also know they can take at will any players who look decent in Cat 2 sides and on the cheap.

It seems deluded to think that our new state of the art training ground will make any difference as long as we are a Cat 2 side.

Let’s just concentrate on picking up the 17-20 year old cast offs from Cat 1 sides.

I'm surprised we haven't done this already.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 02:30 - Aug 27 with 1257 viewsSydneyRs

Re Balogun I'm a bit sceptical and have absolutely no love for Glasgow Rangers, but he comes across very well in his interview and Rangers fans have only good things to say about him, many saying they wish they'd retained him.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 07:03 - Aug 27 with 1125 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:47 - Aug 26 by Phildo

Never been called hysterical on here before. Quite touched.

Sorry Phildo, wasn't really aimed at you, that was a good post, I just think the first bit has been blown up into something it wasn't. More just general panic on here over pretty much everything that happens at the moment. Hangover from last season, a scary lack of patience. Obviously after we get bashed by Watford I'll be joining in to say sack the lot of them and bring back Warnock for one last go, Sharon ;)

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024