Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matchday Thread : England v Wales 03:11 - Oct 5 with 6613 viewsNotLoyal

England v Wales
International ‘Friendly’
Wembley Stadium
Thursday 10th October 2020
8pm Kick off.
ITV / S4C

V

This international friendly takes place at home of football, which is Wembley Stadium. We know it’s the home of football because that’s what everyone says. West Ham won the World Cup there in 1066 when King Harold or something fired an arrow which hit the bar and scored a goal. That was hundreds of years ago but Frank Skinner likes to sing about it, sadly the years of hurt are getting lots longer, now they have run out of numbers.

England is a big country with a population of nearly 57 million, most of these people live in Sussex or near to the M1. Some live in Thetford, and others have been sighted in Lowestoft. Overall that’s a lot of people. Wales has a population of 3.2 million and some time ago a lot of them were English, but they left when they couldn’t take the embarrassment of such a small country beating them at every sport known to the human race, it’s true, Wales have beaten England at every sport there is, which for a small country is very good. English people don’t like this as they like to beat smaller countries like Iceland and Northern Ireland, when they lose these games they call it embarrassing and everyone laughs.

This is a picture of England yesterday

Other things England is famous for are red telephone boxes, London Taxis, the queen, elephants and castles and windmills, or is it canals ? Either way England is very well known throughout the world.

This is an English knight from the olden days, back then, and it was loads of years ago all knights wore sunglasses as you can see from this old drawing. They did so because they went on crusades to hot places, nowadays they are called holidays

England has a song about chariots that swing low and once a year they all gather together and wave flags at the Royal Albert Hall in London where Millwall play. Some of these people are from Scotland and three of them last year came from Wales. Probably Cardiff.

The most famous England song is quite difficult to remember, it goes like this.

‘Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland,INGURLAND.

It’s quite hard to remember as you can see it’s got loads of words in it, the trick is to try and remember all of them in the order above and then sing them.

Our final England fact is that they entered the European running championships in Marseille, France in 2016. Some, if not most of the English competitors got drunk so they had to be encouraged to run very fast by friendly Russian athletes who helped them along. It all went swimmingly after that. In fact some English people at this event actually did go swimming, oddly though none of them were from Cardiff.

Here we see England competitors at the running away Championships in France in 2016.After a while they got quite used to running with their Russian friends and did it a lot

Well, that’s it for now, the Matchday thread will be updated later with Welsh history and facts. We will start with the leisure industry initially.

A Welsh leisure centre pictured on the weekend

Ramsey and Bale out of the game giving England an outside chance of securing a victory.

Last five results
England
8 Sep 20 NL Denmark 0 England 0 D
5 Sep 20 NL Iceland 0 England 1 W
17 Nov 19 EC Kosovo 0 England 4 W
14 Nov 19 EC England 7 Montenegro 0 W
14 Oct 19 EC Bulgaria 0 England 6 W
Wales
6 Sep 20 NL Wales 1 Bulgaria 0 W
3 Sep 20 NL Finland 0 Wales 1 W
19 Nov 19 EC Wales 2 Hungary 0 W
16 Nov 19 EC Azerbaijan 0 Wales 2 W
13 Oct 19 EC Wales 1 Croatia 1 D
NL Nations League EQ Euro qualifiers

Latest updates here.
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/53056/england-v-wales-in

[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 13:50]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 10:38 - Oct 8 with 1462 viewsBadlands

Joe and Cabango as CBs tonight
Giggs knows the others can perform at CBs against Ireland so if the Swans pair show up they will refresh for Bulgaria. Joe needs the games.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 16:15 - Oct 8 with 1395 viewsA_Fans_Dad

NotLoyal, I know it is a bit late cos I've only just looked at this post, but Thursday (today) is the 8th of October not the 10th.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 17:45 - Oct 8 with 1364 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it on telly?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 18:06 - Oct 8 with 1354 viewsjasper_T

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 17:45 - Oct 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Is it on telly?

S4C
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 18:29 - Oct 8 with 1347 viewstheloneranger

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 17:45 - Oct 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Is it on telly?

ITV.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 18:42 - Oct 8 with 1325 viewsjasper_T

Don't know why we're playing so many first choice players.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 19:12 - Oct 8 with 1307 viewstrampie

Neco and Dan James both only make the bench, Cabango also on the bench.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 19:42 - Oct 8 with 1276 viewstrampie

No David Brooks or Harry Wilson in the match day squad.
Is James Chester and Robson-Kanu still available these days. ?

So we have no Bale, Ramsey, Allen, Dan James (sub), Brooks, or Harry Wilson.

I would have given Ward a start in goal, Neco a start and I would have played H.Wilson (not injured is he) as Neco and Wilson could do with games, I might also have gone with Mepham and given Rodon and Cabango both 45 mins due to the Nation's League games alongside him, I probably would have started T.Roberts as centre forward (although I don't think he plays there these days) and brought HRK on for him and rested Moore for the Nation's League games.

Giggs sees the boys in training and I would expect he has a plan in mind for the Nation's League games .
It will be interesting to see how Matondo go's.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 19:47]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 19:58 - Oct 8 with 1246 viewstrampie

Roberts, Moore and Matondo up top, I wasn't expecting that.

Notice a lot on social media are going for England to win 3-0, ive got England by 3.5 myself (yes I know half a goal, lol), so England need to win by 4 to beat par and Wales need to lose by 3 or less to beat par in my book.

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:01 - Oct 8 with 1237 viewsjasper_T

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 19:42 - Oct 8 by trampie

I would have given Ward a start in goal, Neco a start and I would have played H.Wilson (not injured is he) as Neco and Wilson could do with games, I might also have gone with Mepham and given Rodon and Cabango both 45 mins due to the Nation's League games alongside him, I probably would have started T.Roberts as centre forward (although I don't think he plays there these days) and brought HRK on for him and rested Moore for the Nation's League games.

Giggs sees the boys in training and I would expect he has a plan in mind for the Nation's League games .

Robson-Kanu broke his arm the other day. Brooks is in cotton wool. DJ was ill last week.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:23 - Oct 8 with 1221 viewsblaenaugwentjack

We look very good on the ball atm, care i say it the better team so far.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:29 - Oct 8 with 1202 viewsCatullus

Mepham is maintaining social distancing then.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:30 - Oct 8 with 1198 viewstrampie

Wales were the better team for 25 mins and then England score out of the blue, England's best two players combining well for the goal.

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:33 - Oct 8 with 1181 viewsbuilthjack

Mepham is a liability. I havent seen him have a good game for Wales yet.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matchday Thread : England v Wales (n/t) on 20:33 - Oct 8 with 1180 viewsLandore_Jack

He didn't stop the cross for the England goal.

Edit - Apologies Joe. Commentary was wrong.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 20:38]

#backtojack

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:34 - Oct 8 with 1173 viewsMrSwerve

England reserves v Wales reserves in a nothing friendly infront of no fans.

Bet it’s amazing.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:36 - Oct 8 with 1163 viewstheloneranger

Matchday Thread : England v Wales (n/t) on 20:33 - Oct 8 by Landore_Jack

He didn't stop the cross for the England goal.

Edit - Apologies Joe. Commentary was wrong.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 20:38]

That was Ampadu, the commentary was wrong!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:44 - Oct 8 with 1137 viewstrampie

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 19:42 - Oct 8 by trampie

No real like for like replacement for Moore and Giggs plays him (perhaps that is why he played him) and Moore go's off injured, I wouldn't have picked Moore for this friendly too risky, just have to hope Moore recovers for the Nation's League matches.

Oops me bad didn't intend to quote myself.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 20:45]

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:51 - Oct 8 with 1104 viewsjasper_T

Interesting header there at the end from Tyler Roberts.

We should match them up, put Cabango on and shift Neco to left wing back. Finding it easy to knock it about between Rodon and Mepham but no route forward with their packed midfield. Connor doesn't know whether to stick with Saka or drop in and help out Mepham, which contributed to the goal.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:57 - Oct 8 with 1085 viewsKilkennyjack

Cymru have played really well.

Keep it up boys. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🐑🦢

Beware of the Risen People

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:13 - Oct 8 with 1043 viewstrampie

Cabango and Mepham marking each other

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:22 - Oct 8 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

How dire is this defending.

Gulf in class is like a chasm

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:36 - Oct 8 with 948 viewsKilkennyjack

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:22 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

How dire is this defending.

Gulf in class is like a chasm

No gulf in class first half.

Beware of the Risen People

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:47 - Oct 8 with 924 viewsbuilthjack

oUR FIRST 11 WOULD MATCH iNGERLAND. bUT AFTER THAT WE HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT FOR EVERY PLAYER WE PRODUCE, iNGERLAND WILL PRODUCE 18

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:53 - Oct 8 with 904 viewstrampie

No one within cooee for all 3 goals and the scorer was unmarked a few yards out and right in front of the goal every time.

I'm actually happy with Wales general play considering all our players that are out, we will always be at a disadvantage against the big population nations if we have players out (even if they do) due to strength of depth.

I think first eleven against first eleven we can beat them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024