Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DVLA query 15:02 - Apr 14 with 6829 viewsBarrySwan

Don't know if any of the DVLA bods on here are able to answer this query from someone on a motor forum that I frequent.

Understandably the chap has been having a bit of trouble getting a response through the normal channels. His query is:-

"Is there any way of tracing the owner of a particular reg plate?

Been looking for a personal plate the perfect plate would be D34NNA. Looking it up it's registered to a 1987 Austin, most likely the original plate that car was registered with. However the car hasn't been MOT'd since 1998.

Does anyone know if there is any way of tracing the owner of the plate? Assuming the car still exists. And if the car is scrapped, is it still possible to purchase the reg from DVLA?

Thank you for any advice that may be forthcoming
DVLA query on 16:32 - Apr 14 with 1214 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA query on 16:16 - Apr 14 by WxmJax

I'm always amazed at how many personal plates are around Swansea when I'm visiting. Must be something to do with DVLA.

Most of them are pretty cheap.

Poll: Tory leader

DVLA query on 16:34 - Apr 14 with 1208 viewsWarwickHunt

DVLA query on 16:08 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

Notable exception of the two cars in Cheyne Walk, one Rolls and one Aston Martin, with the plates ‘2 BE’ and ‘NOT 2 B’.

I think the Rolls plate is now on a Range Rover.

No idea who owns them, but that’s excellent.

Saw G 5POT years ago on a sports job in Notting Hill. Amusing for about 30 seconds,

Old couple near me bought an Audi convertible L8 FUN. Fair play.
DVLA query on 16:36 - Apr 14 with 1200 viewsDarran

DVLA query on 16:30 - Apr 14 by builthjack

Owned by Robert Bourne, and his wife Sally Greene.

How did you find out his identity?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

DVLA query on 16:39 - Apr 14 with 1197 viewslondonlisa2001

DVLA query on 16:25 - Apr 14 by Lohengrin

What’s that, five, maybe six miles? You’d do that in no time here, I shudder to think how long that could take on a central London commute.

Used to be ok back in the day. Wouldn’t do it now. More traffic and congestion charge now makes driving in expensive.
DVLA query on 16:41 - Apr 14 with 1188 viewsWarwickHunt

DVLA query on 16:36 - Apr 14 by Darran

He gave the DVLA an ultimatum.
DVLA query on 16:42 - Apr 14 with 1188 viewslondonlisa2001

DVLA query on 16:30 - Apr 14 by builthjack

Owned by Robert Bourne, and his wife Sally Greene.

Really?

That makes sense then as she owns the Old Vic amongst other theatres and owns Ronnie Scott’s as well. Or at least she used to.

He’s a property guy I think.
DVLA query on 16:42 - Apr 14 with 1186 viewsItchySphincter

DVLA query on 15:43 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

Personalised plates are for cockwombles, partners of cockwombles and men with small penises.

Obviously you are 100% correct. ECB has them on his Vauxhall Vectra.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

DVLA query on 16:43 - Apr 14 with 1182 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA query on 16:42 - Apr 14 by ItchySphincter

Obviously you are 100% correct. ECB has them on his Vauxhall Vectra.

Crosslands.

Login to get fewer ads

DVLA query on 16:48 - Apr 14 with 1167 viewsbuilthjack

DVLA query on 16:42 - Apr 14 by londonlisa2001

Really?

That makes sense then as she owns the Old Vic amongst other theatres and owns Ronnie Scott’s as well. Or at least she used to.

He’s a property guy I think.

Yes, he is a property developer. He owned a mansion locally a few years ago. She is into theatre, part owns a few.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

DVLA query on 16:52 - Apr 14 with 1152 viewsairedale

DVLA query on 16:10 - Apr 14 by theloneranger

My wife has always been happy that I've never had a personalised number plate. 😇

What about on the car Lone?
DVLA query on 16:53 - Apr 14 with 1147 viewsbuilthjack

DVLA query on 16:36 - Apr 14 by Darran

They had a mansion locally. Sold a few years ago.
They used to eat in a restaurant nearby, The Drawing Room, near Newbridge on Wye.
Nice couple.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

DVLA query on 16:58 - Apr 14 with 1138 viewschad

Followed a Porsche Boxster coming into Swansea a few years back, sure its reg was TOY BOX which made me smile, but not sure that reg mark or any near matches pan
DVLA query on 16:59 - Apr 14 with 1133 viewsDarran

DVLA query on 16:53 - Apr 14 by builthjack

They had a mansion locally. Sold a few years ago.
They used to eat in a restaurant nearby, The Drawing Room, near Newbridge on Wye.
Nice couple.

Oh right. 👀

DVLA query on 16:59 - Apr 14 with 1129 viewsDarran

DVLA query on 16:41 - Apr 14 by WarwickHunt

He gave the DVLA an ultimatum.

DVLA query on 17:01 - Apr 14 with 1127 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA query on 16:58 - Apr 14 by chad

Followed a Porsche Boxster coming into Swansea a few years back, sure its reg was TOY BOX which made me smile, but not sure that reg mark or any near matches pan

Might have been misrepresented in some way of course but otherwise that’s not a valid format. People can get very creative with spacing and bolts etc though

DVLA query on 17:02 - Apr 14 with 1126 viewsbuilthjack

DVLA query on 16:59 - Apr 14 by Darran

Oh right. 👀

Loads of rich uns have holiday places around here. You should get one.

DVLA query on 17:12 - Apr 14 with 1115 viewslondonlisa2001

DVLA query on 17:02 - Apr 14 by builthjack

Loads of rich uns have holiday places around here. You should get one.

He’s not allowed to move his caravan at the moment mun.

DVLA query on 17:27 - Apr 14 with 1099 viewsstevethejack

DVLA query on 17:01 - Apr 14 by exiledclaseboy

Might have been misrepresented in some way of course but otherwise that’s not a valid format. People can get very creative with spacing and bolts etc though

I got S11EVE and with a couple of cut down bolts looked good. Bought for £1K, sold for £3.5K, on a Porsche now. Years ago a mate was offered A 5WAN, said no, it's also on a Porsche now.
DVLA query on 18:04 - Apr 14 with 1072 viewsBarrySwan

DVLA query on 15:11 - Apr 14 by exiledclaseboy

There is a way of tracing the keeper of a vehicle but not for the purposes you’ve outlined (presumably he wants to make an offer to buy the reg no).

If the car has been scrapped and the reg no wasn’t retained or transferred before that happened the number “dies” with the vehicle. It’s not possible to buy previously issued reg numbers.

Whats your opinion on this theory then, not made with any malice or ill feeling on the subject.

This is a response from a different contributor to the one asking the question who accepted your advice with thanks.

'Not totally true any more. Any plates of cars seized by the Police for whatever reason and any registrations whose retention certificates have not been renewed are retained by the DVLA and can be bought. In fact all retained numbers on 18th December 2019 whose retention certificates had expired were taken back by the DVLA to be re-sold. Typically they did this without any warning to owners - I picked it up in Classic Car Weekly just in time!'
DVLA query on 18:24 - Apr 14 with 1046 viewsWxmJax

DVLA query on 16:32 - Apr 14 by exiledclaseboy

Most of them are pretty cheap.

Mine's not, a certain posh car maker owns it.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

DVLA query on 18:44 - Apr 14 with 1026 viewsWxmJax

DVLA query on 16:58 - Apr 14 by chad

TOY 80 X

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

DVLA query on 19:03 - Apr 14 with 1005 viewschad

DVLA query on 18:44 - Apr 14 by WxmJax

TOY 80 X

Thank you I was going mad punching combinations into the MOT checker, thought I had done that one early on but tried again and bingo.

Used to love the fact we called them cherished marks
DVLA query on 19:07 - Apr 14 with 1001 viewstheloneranger

DVLA query on 16:52 - Apr 14 by airedale

What about on the car Lone?

CU11NNT 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

DVLA query on 19:11 - Apr 14 with 995 viewsexiledclaseboy

DVLA query on 18:04 - Apr 14 by BarrySwan

Whats your opinion on this theory then, not made with any malice or ill feeling on the subject.

This is a response from a different contributor to the one asking the question who accepted your advice with thanks.

'Not totally true any more. Any plates of cars seized by the Police for whatever reason and any registrations whose retention certificates have not been renewed are retained by the DVLA and can be bought. In fact all retained numbers on 18th December 2019 whose retention certificates had expired were taken back by the DVLA to be re-sold. Typically they did this without any warning to owners - I picked it up in Classic Car Weekly just in time!'

“Not totally true any more. Any plates of cars seized by the Police for whatever reason and any registrations whose retention certificates have not been renewed are retained by the DVLA and can be bought. In fact all retained numbers on 18th December 2019 whose retention certificates had expired were taken back by the DVLA to be re-sold. Typically they did this without any warning to owners - I picked it up in Classic Car Weekly just in time!'

He’s wrong. Almost completely.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 19:17]

DVLA query on 19:17 - Apr 14 with 983 viewsCooperman

DVLA query on 17:27 - Apr 14 by stevethejack

I got S11EVE and with a couple of cut down bolts looked good. Bought for £1K, sold for £3.5K, on a Porsche now. Years ago a mate was offered A 5WAN, said no, it's also on a Porsche now.

As in a utensil consisting of a wire or plastic mesh held together with a plastic frame and often used in the draining of peas from a pan of boiling water?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024