Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Shrewsbury H 14:03 - Mar 30 with 22958 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:07 - Mar 30 with 3260 viewsShun

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 21:10 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

The majority of Davies' increasing tally of fabulous goals have all occurred from more or less the same spot!

Bolton (last year), Doncaster, Spurs, Shrewsbury

Happen he's buried a chicken nugget in the turf there as a lucky omen

I remember the Bolton goal being from a far more acute angle, an almost impossible one! It was my goal of last season.

Davies’ fitness issues have been discussed ad nauseum on here, but one thing that isn’t in doubt is his knack for making special moments. Bolton, Donny, Spurs and now Shrewsbury, all brilliant goals and even better moments!

Still on a high btw!
Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:12 - Mar 30 with 3233 viewsDaleiLama

Big thanks to Shun on the other thread for his head's up on traffic - hadn't consulted twitter at that point. Satnav ETA at one point was 3:45, but Heywood came to the rescue.

The euphoria from dodging the "dodgy-penalty" bullet and scoring at the other end in an empty net and subsequent reversal of fortunes was not dissimilar to seeing SD's equaliser vs Spurs.

Speaking of SD - he may not get a bucket full of goals, but when he does score, it's a joy to watch and many have been pivotal, like todays. And what a goal it was.

Ironic that Ollie scored in time added for their keeper feigning injury too. Kismet.

What a roller coaster of a season too. I felt our failure to win any of our last three home games had sunk us before today and certainly didn't expect a win, but we seem to have a tendency to play to the level of the opposition. Tuesday may not be pretty then.

Superb result. Forgettable first half, but the recipe for surviving in the second. Will leave my last thought to the star of today's show, Oliver. Please sir, can I have more?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 22:27]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:14 - Mar 30 with 3226 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:07 - Mar 30 by Shun

I remember the Bolton goal being from a far more acute angle, an almost impossible one! It was my goal of last season.

Davies’ fitness issues have been discussed ad nauseum on here, but one thing that isn’t in doubt is his knack for making special moments. Bolton, Donny, Spurs and now Shrewsbury, all brilliant goals and even better moments!

Still on a high btw!

Absolutely Shun, and as others have commented, if his fitness wasn't a problem he wouldn't be playing for us

Those who're critical would do well to remember that, plus the fact that by and large, what we remember in the years to come aren't 90+ minutes of toil but those special moments that stick (acutely!) in the memory

[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 22:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:14 - Mar 30 with 3221 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 21:14 - Mar 30 by RAFCBLUE

You're welcome to your opinion TVOS.

You did ask me though how their season had been killed. You didn't want to state at that point how "realistically" Blackburn and Wigan were always the top two.

They blew their automatic chances today. At 2nd bottom Rochdale and whilst 1-0 up. Given we'd only scored 14 league games at home before today, conceding 3 was a bad result for them.

A "good" outcome for their team now would be winning the Checkatrade and playoff success. The historic stats suggest that double is very unlikely and Bristol City and Birmimgham City are the only teams I can think of who have done that - both are much better clubs.

AFC Wimbledon and Rochdale have already represented League One at Wembley this season. Two other teams will also do that in May, one of which may be Shrewsbury.

It's not that big a deal getting to Wembley this season.

We didn't get there as a result of being in a final, not comparable

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:15 - Mar 30 with 3210 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:14 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

Absolutely Shun, and as others have commented, if his fitness wasn't a problem he wouldn't be playing for us

Those who're critical would do well to remember that, plus the fact that by and large, what we remember in the years to come aren't 90+ minutes of toil but those special moments that stick (acutely!) in the memory

#stevelove

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:23 - Mar 30 with 3160 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 19:28 - Mar 30 by MancDale

Wouldn't say Shrewsbury were ugly but like Wigan a few weeks ago they obviously prioritise defense ahead of attack. They took the lead were happy to sit back and try to play out the 1 nil. After our equaliser they looked fairly clueless. Can't think of any team I've seen this season that play with any kind of attacking style and intent. Blackburn were miles better than us but even they were fairly dull overall.

I thought Shrewsbury were very ordinary, drinking with their fans afterwards who lamented a poor performance

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:23 - Mar 30 with 3160 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:14 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

For me, he's a role player at this stage of his career. And a pretty good one at that. We aren't where we are because of him but because the first XI hasn't scored enough goals. We scored in the first half in spite of playing hoofball. But by-passing midfield isn't a great long-term survival tactic at any level of the EFL. Gifting possession to the opposition is suicide. We saw it from over-hit free kicks, corners, goal kicks and punts from the back. Some pretty dire stuff in that first half.

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:24 - Mar 30 with 3150 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 19:09 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

I watch football to see passing, dribbling and attacking, and in that regard, Shrewsbury were one of the best exponents of those skills we've seen this season, bar Spurs

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:47 - Mar 30 with 3057 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:24 - Mar 30 by rochdaleriddler

Waving stupid banners doesn't alter the fact that for long periods of the first half, their rapid one-touch passing and movement was light years ahead of us

You should watch more carefully rr, or perhaps without beer goggles

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:53 - Mar 30 with 3029 viewsrochdale_ranger

Perfect afternoon of football. Happy with the result and the big fellas overhead kick. Shrewsbury were indeed very impressive in the first half and played decent, attacking, exspansive football. Every time the ball was in our end they looked like they could potentially score. Couldn’t believe the anger and disappointment from the shrews fans I was talking to after the game considering where they were expected to finish this season. Team deserved the win today. Looking forward to Tuesday now.
Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:57 - Mar 30 with 3013 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:07 - Mar 30 by Shun

Still on a high btw!

And the Fleetwood winner last season - our 1st win and it started our 10 home wins in a row.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 00:57 - Mar 31 with 2818 viewsRobinHoodDale

Personally, had some luck and unluck today. Left Sherwood Forest at 11am, ETA Rochdale 12.50pm. Actual arrival at the ground 3.40pm. A1 closed, avoid and divert to M1 (required section closed), leave M1 and cross-country to Huddersfield, M62 Westbound a car park, chose A640, didn't even get to Denshaw before met road block courtesy of artics that had left M62 but were too big to negotiate the 90 degree bends on the A640. Turn round and go back to Huddersfield to join M62. Crawl to J22 where sadly a fatality had occurred earlier that day on the other carriageway. Having escaped at J20, maniacal giggling follows as Roch Valley Way resembles car park.

Arrived at seat to hear that I' d missed some dross but was just in time to see Rathbone's equaliser.

Then was privileged to see a most entertaining second half.

Up the Dale.
Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 04:47 - Mar 31 with 2692 viewsdavidab2202

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:23 - Mar 30 by DaleiLama

For me, he's a role player at this stage of his career. And a pretty good one at that. We aren't where we are because of him but because the first XI hasn't scored enough goals. We scored in the first half in spite of playing hoofball. But by-passing midfield isn't a great long-term survival tactic at any level of the EFL. Gifting possession to the opposition is suicide. We saw it from over-hit free kicks, corners, goal kicks and punts from the back. Some pretty dire stuff in that first half.

As Hilly agreed in his post match interview , just how poor we were in the first 45 minutes
Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 06:56 - Mar 31 with 2622 viewsColDale

I thought Shrewsbury were a great side. It's been a good few years since I've seen a team work as hard as they did. Tails were up and you could see it, and the only surprising thing was that they only scored once in the first half. Maybe the absence of Agogo played a big part, as for all their possession, Lillis wasn't overly threatened in the first half despite the Shrews running the show.

There were some fantastic mini moments in the game. There was a brilliant run by Hendo to nip the ball off one of their lads right in front of the Shrewsbury fans in the 2nd half. He just came out of nowhere.

After the corner from the non penalty, there was superb play by Camps. The ball had come out to one of their players, and it was all set up for a big heave ho into our penalty area, but Camps was all over him like a rash.

But the Hendo goal - I was still cheering just because we'd managed to clear the ball. The thought of it being a breakaway goal hadn't even crossed my mind.

Personally found the penalty thing just a little bit worrying about officiating in the game. I've long time been of the opinion that refereeing is getting better at this level despite what people said but I just can't get my head round the timeline for it.

The ref gives the penalty as he thinks it s a foul. The linesman takes his position for the penalty. Surely if either of them had a doubt about the penalty then there should have been communication between the two before awarding it, especially given the importance of the decision. Seemingly the linesman didn't think it was a penalty but happily went along with it until harangued by the Dale players, and seemingly the ref thought it was a clear enough decision that didn't need a second opinion from his linesman.

Thought there were some good overall performances. Not sure about Ollie being MOTM. Camps and McNulty had decent games as did Lillis.
Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 08:36 - Mar 31 with 2462 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:23 - Mar 30 by DaleiLama

Wonderful second half. The first half exposed all the limits of long ball football. The target, Calvin Andrew, won most of the headers. However, Shrewsbury just concentrated on winning the second ball. Always easier for the defending team facing the ball. The net result was giving away possession every time we went forward and totally negating Henderson, Humphrys, Camps and Rathbone who are reduced to ball chasing. The latter is the biggest victim of long ball football (he’s gone from potential Perkins to actual Tutte in six months - essentially playing tig for 90 minutes).
Hill clearly loves Calvin but, for me, if Calvin does play then Hill has got to ensure that he is not the focal point of play. Calvin played well, if not better, in the second half when we played through the midfield. Henderson, Camps, Ollie and Humphrys looked totally transformed.
I thought Shrewsbury looked good first half but we didn’t half give them a helping hand.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 8:42]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 08:53 - Mar 31 with 2400 viewsdingdangblue

Shrews forum from penalty decision onwards:

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97045/rochdale-thread?page=3

Interestingly the fella who 'won' the pen has form.

"It was never a penalty not for the first time this season Nolan has just thrown himself to the ground . If you were a Rochdale fan you would have been sick to drop 2 points to such an awful decision".

Oh my god - he's not wrong! Embarrassing dive by Nolan to 'win' penalty at the win v Scunthorpe

[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 9:03]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 09:21 - Mar 31 with 2319 viewsR17ALE

I always go on the reaction of the players on both sides.

Normally when a player wins a penalty his team mates congratulate him with at least a pat on the back. Watch Nolan after his dive at the Pearl Street end. Not one of his team mates says anything to him and seeing the controversy of his making, he just sidles away towards the half way line. He's not even on hand to protest to the ref when the ref correctly overturns the original decision, because he knows he has cheated.

Horrible little shit.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 09:39 - Mar 31 with 2244 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 22:47 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

Waving stupid banners doesn't alter the fact that for long periods of the first half, their rapid one-touch passing and movement was light years ahead of us

You should watch more carefully rr, or perhaps without beer goggles

About as silly as you inferring that you always know best , and that as I disagreed I must be drunk. We were poor first half, they were ok. We were great second half, they were poor. As 442 says this division is pretty even, I haven't seen any team light years ahead of us.

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 09:48 - Mar 31 with 2216 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 09:39 - Mar 31 by rochdaleriddler

About as silly as you inferring that you always know best , and that as I disagreed I must be drunk. We were poor first half, they were ok. We were great second half, they were poor. As 442 says this division is pretty even, I haven't seen any team light years ahead of us.

43 points was quite a big gap!

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 10:45 - Mar 31 with 2081 viewsD_Alien

Put your whine down *

*Paraphrase, courtesy of rr

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 10:51 - Mar 31 with 2046 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 10:45 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

Put your whine down *

*Paraphrase, courtesy of rr

Sat near half way line yesterday, got a very good view of the action. The three pints of 7 brothers ale in the medicine tap meant I was of course asleep and missed the dazzling brilliance of the salopians. Hic

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 10:54 - Mar 31 with 2027 viewsrochdale_ranger

In terms of play your right, apart from Blackburn we have not been pasted off anybody I know what you mean anyone pointing out league standings to make you look a fool is just being pedantic. We are just lacking in bite and quality in certain areas. Big shout out to Ollie for his goal yesterday he gets slagged for having a big work rate while producing very little. It’s obvious this season that Hill is telling his players not to have a go from outside the box (like allardyce used to at Bolton) so that showed courage and changed the complexion of the game.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 10:55]
Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 10:55 - Mar 31 with 2019 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 09:48 - Mar 31 by dingdangblue

43 points was quite a big gap!

And very difficult to understand. Hurst said we shouldn't be where we are in L1. When you see how we played against Miw-waww and the Hotspurs of Tottenham, we are extremely capable. After seeing how we have actually played in the league (I'm personally only basing this on a couple of away games and only missing 1 home game) it's easier to understand, but still has me scratching my head. The inconsistency in the game yesterday, complete with flashes of brilliance, was a microcosm of our season. This game finished with a happy ending. Fingers crossed the season follows suit.

#we'restayingup

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 11:05 - Mar 31 with 1989 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 15:53 - Mar 30 by Bazzanne

One word, clueless.

Yes you are Bazzanne
Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 11:10 - Mar 31 with 1972 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 10:54 - Mar 31 by rochdale_ranger

In terms of play your right, apart from Blackburn we have not been pasted off anybody I know what you mean anyone pointing out league standings to make you look a fool is just being pedantic. We are just lacking in bite and quality in certain areas. Big shout out to Ollie for his goal yesterday he gets slagged for having a big work rate while producing very little. It’s obvious this season that Hill is telling his players not to have a go from outside the box (like allardyce used to at Bolton) so that showed courage and changed the complexion of the game.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 10:55]

In terms of results, and Tottenham second half at Wembley apart - we haven't been pasted by anyone, but that's not the point

Shrews were playing football, in the first half at least, that was easily championship standard. Fast, accurate passing, a man always available, intelligent movement off the ball, winning it back with apparent ease - it was pleasing to watch, even as it threatened to hurt us. Their goal epitomised it, taken with aplomb

Of course, our haplessness contributed towards it and the changes we made plus Ollie's goal helped turn the tide. But for 40 minutes (of game time) we saw a standard that KH clearly aspires to and is reflected in their league position

And it doesn't matter what part of the ground it was viewed from, as some people think matters

[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 11:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024