Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotland purchase complete 16:35 - Mar 16 with 23799 viewsColDale

Been announced on Radio Manc that the share sale has gone through today

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/42302

This post has been edited by an administrator
Spotland purchase complete on 06:21 - Mar 17 with 3081 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 05:51 - Mar 17 by ColDale

Might not fund a Prem Lge bid, but it suggests that the club are keen and have already taken steps to increase the revenue provided by a fully owned stadium.

Correct. Hilly was interviewed again last week on the OS and he mentioned the irrelevance of the FA Cup defeat against bury again, a strange way to view a competition that can make or break Football Clubs at our level. His comments still didn't sound right. Maybe it's because it hinders him when it comes to the league programme, but he must know we always need the money.

A decent draw and you are on your way to covering the annual payment on the Stadium. A televised game would probably cover the full cost. The FA Cup games are very important and always have been.
Spotland purchase complete on 06:38 - Mar 17 with 3053 viewsDomDale

Am I right in thinking that the deal was financed in cash so the ground will come un encumbered?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Spotland purchase complete on 07:35 - Mar 17 with 2973 viewsaleanddale

Spotland purchase complete on 19:30 - Mar 16 by 442Dale

How many aparthotels are there round here?

Within 30 miles? None apparently!!

Huge opportunity to increase sponsorship revenue through stadium naming rights....

Get this one right and it can be a huge boost to an increased playing budget.

Taking care of all the bills first though!!!!!!
Spotland purchase complete on 07:39 - Mar 17 with 2970 viewsTalkingSutty

Looking into the future I wonder if the Chairman and Directors will put something in place regarding long term ownership of the Stadium and restrictions on who would make that decision. We nearly lost the Stadium and it's took an eternity to get it back, next time we might not be so lucky.

Could there be a Stadium Commitee set up with one or two supporters representatives included. I know several die hards who you know would never do anything to jeopardise the future of the club. They wouldn't need to do anything, just be there should their vote/voice be needed.

To get my full trust anybody just coming into the club (Chairman or Director) would have to be a fully committed Dale fan, i would treat anybody else attaching themselves to the club with big suspicion. People don't all of a sudden become Dale fans and want to join the board etc, why have a date with Quasimodo when there are far more attractive options?

Footballs full of rogue traders,individuals who ride into football clubs like a knight in shining armour but in reality they have ulterior motives. They gamble with the very future of the Club in order to line their own pockets. It's getting more and more common.These are the people who we have to safeguard against.

At the moment we all know with Chris Dunphy at the helm and others in the boardroom the Clubs as safe as houses, they are life long Dale fans. With respect none of them are in their first flushes of youth and who knows what characters could be attracted to a Club owning its own Stadium in years to come. I just hope the future use of the Stadium is looked at closely and all this hard work isn't frittered away on the whim of a chancer.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 7:57]
Spotland purchase complete on 08:04 - Mar 17 with 2911 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

People don't all of a sudden become Dale fans and want to join the board etc

David Kilpatrick? Great man at Dale but he is/was a Manchester United fan
Spotland purchase complete on 08:18 - Mar 17 with 2847 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 08:04 - Mar 17 by Albert_Whitehurst

People don't all of a sudden become Dale fans and want to join the board etc

David Kilpatrick? Great man at Dale but he is/was a Manchester United fan

His love for our Football Club is far greater than for that lot down the road. Without the Stadium deal I didn't see individuals knocking down the Stadium door with offers of investment etc, we are all of a sudden more of an attractive option and later down the line that can bring problems. The Chairman and Directors aren't daft I am sure they will make things watertight.
Spotland purchase complete on 08:21 - Mar 17 with 2842 viewsfermin

Spotland purchase complete on 07:39 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

Looking into the future I wonder if the Chairman and Directors will put something in place regarding long term ownership of the Stadium and restrictions on who would make that decision. We nearly lost the Stadium and it's took an eternity to get it back, next time we might not be so lucky.

Could there be a Stadium Commitee set up with one or two supporters representatives included. I know several die hards who you know would never do anything to jeopardise the future of the club. They wouldn't need to do anything, just be there should their vote/voice be needed.

To get my full trust anybody just coming into the club (Chairman or Director) would have to be a fully committed Dale fan, i would treat anybody else attaching themselves to the club with big suspicion. People don't all of a sudden become Dale fans and want to join the board etc, why have a date with Quasimodo when there are far more attractive options?

Footballs full of rogue traders,individuals who ride into football clubs like a knight in shining armour but in reality they have ulterior motives. They gamble with the very future of the Club in order to line their own pockets. It's getting more and more common.These are the people who we have to safeguard against.

At the moment we all know with Chris Dunphy at the helm and others in the boardroom the Clubs as safe as houses, they are life long Dale fans. With respect none of them are in their first flushes of youth and who knows what characters could be attracted to a Club owning its own Stadium in years to come. I just hope the future use of the Stadium is looked at closely and all this hard work isn't frittered away on the whim of a chancer.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 7:57]

How about doing something like this?

http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/what-we-do/england-wales/assets-of-com
Spotland purchase complete on 08:29 - Mar 17 with 2829 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 08:21 - Mar 17 by fermin

http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/what-we-do/england-wales/assets-of-com

Once the dust settles maybe that could be something that would work. Obviously consultation with the Chairman and Directors would be the way forward, let's see what happens. Thanks for posting the link.
Login to get fewer ads

Spotland purchase complete on 09:09 - Mar 17 with 2766 viewsDale27

Fantastic news. Well done to Chris and the board, all of their unquestionable hard work has finally reaped the rewards.

Team Rochdale can now move forward.
Spotland purchase complete on 10:19 - Mar 17 with 2652 viewsScunnydale

It would be nice if any potential naming rights reflected the nature of Spotland, a ground hosting two teams from different sports — hopefully harmoniously from now on.

I'm not talking about the All in One Garden Centre Stadium, more something like — ooh, I dunno — the Co-operative Stadium.
Spotland purchase complete on 10:46 - Mar 17 with 2600 viewslurker

Spotland purchase complete on 08:21 - Mar 17 by fermin

Regarding registering the ground as an asset of community value, I believe RMBC or Hornets already did this when RAFC first made moves to buy the shares. It was done when negotiations were a little more hostile!
Spotland purchase complete on 11:01 - Mar 17 with 2573 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 10:46 - Mar 17 by lurker

Regarding registering the ground as an asset of community value, I believe RMBC or Hornets already did this when RAFC first made moves to buy the shares. It was done when negotiations were a little more hostile!

Maybe that could restrict the Club if it comes to borrowing on the Stadium in order to fund other football related matters. Re-mortgaging / borrowing against your asset can be very useful at times and is after all one of the reasons for ownership i would have thought.For the forseeable future I don't see any problems but you never know what might happen decades down the line.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 11:03]
Spotland purchase complete on 11:14 - Mar 17 with 2547 viewsNR_Dale

First of all well done to everyone involved on making this happen!!! I have a few questions on this matter if anyone can answer would be helpful. My take on this we have paid 100k up front to the council and we then pay 60k a year for 9 years to pay off the stadium debt. Is this all the stadium debt or the councils share of stadium debt?? Or in 9 years from now we will be debt free on the stadium??? My final question is, nothing has been mentioned on the rugby shares, have we been given these for free or bought them a while back??
Spotland purchase complete on 11:21 - Mar 17 with 2528 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 11:14 - Mar 17 by NR_Dale

First of all well done to everyone involved on making this happen!!! I have a few questions on this matter if anyone can answer would be helpful. My take on this we have paid 100k up front to the council and we then pay 60k a year for 9 years to pay off the stadium debt. Is this all the stadium debt or the councils share of stadium debt?? Or in 9 years from now we will be debt free on the stadium??? My final question is, nothing has been mentioned on the rugby shares, have we been given these for free or bought them a while back??

I think the money owed to the Council is money they lent Dale when there was a shortfall building the Wilbutts stand. As for the Rugby league? I would hope we paid no more than the £100k we paid the council. After the way they acquired the shares in the first place.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spotland purchase complete on 11:51 - Mar 17 with 2465 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 11:21 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

I think the money owed to the Council is money they lent Dale when there was a shortfall building the Wilbutts stand. As for the Rugby league? I would hope we paid no more than the £100k we paid the council. After the way they acquired the shares in the first place.

One thing I would like to know? The Wilbutts is 15 years old now - have we not been paying anything back to the council in this time? If thats what the loan was for?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Spotland purchase complete on 12:28 - Mar 17 with 2388 viewsdawlishdale

I thought the majority of the Stadium Company debt was the Capital sum on an interest only Mortgage taken out around 20 years ago to build the Main Stand.
Originally, the loan was guaranteed by the Council plus several Dale Directors, who have since had their guarantees removed, leaving the Council as sole Guarantor.

Thus, it was very much in RMBC's interest to offload this debt that they (or the tax payer) was liable for it's repayment should the Stadium Company cease trading.

The stumbling blocks were that the Council changed its leader which delayed negotiations severely and also the RFL kept asking for more money for the shares that they "obtained" when old Hornets went bust.

That the deal has finally been concluded is to the credit of the Board. Hopefully, the stadium can now be refurbished and start to earn much needed additional income for the football club.
Spotland purchase complete on 12:59 - Mar 17 with 2305 viewsaleanddale

Really nice feeling to have transparency and a plan built on solid foundations rather than sand!

The ground has a lot to offer. The away end is a perfect size for league 1 and perfectly located.

Just need to do more now to fill the other 3 stands and get Spotland rocking.

3000 regular home fans is an obvious KPI for the club.

Then 3400 3800 4200.......

Ultimately we can accommodate 6500 Daleys so some way to go.
Spotland purchase complete on 13:06 - Mar 17 with 2282 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 12:28 - Mar 17 by dawlishdale

I thought the majority of the Stadium Company debt was the Capital sum on an interest only Mortgage taken out around 20 years ago to build the Main Stand.
Originally, the loan was guaranteed by the Council plus several Dale Directors, who have since had their guarantees removed, leaving the Council as sole Guarantor.

Thus, it was very much in RMBC's interest to offload this debt that they (or the tax payer) was liable for it's repayment should the Stadium Company cease trading.

The stumbling blocks were that the Council changed its leader which delayed negotiations severely and also the RFL kept asking for more money for the shares that they "obtained" when old Hornets went bust.

That the deal has finally been concluded is to the credit of the Board. Hopefully, the stadium can now be refurbished and start to earn much needed additional income for the football club.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

Spotland purchase complete on 13:17 - Mar 17 with 2243 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 12:59 - Mar 17 by aleanddale

Really nice feeling to have transparency and a plan built on solid foundations rather than sand!

The ground has a lot to offer. The away end is a perfect size for league 1 and perfectly located.

Just need to do more now to fill the other 3 stands and get Spotland rocking.

3000 regular home fans is an obvious KPI for the club.

Then 3400 3800 4200.......

Ultimately we can accommodate 6500 Daleys so some way to go.

Its sad that as a club we are enjoying our best years under Keith Hill - but are so poorly supported by the people of Rochdale. I was talking to a City supporter at work who used to go watching Dale in the 70's and does get to the occasional game these days - but it is really too expensive to follow 2 teams and also the time it takes out of your life . Could we do a scheme where season ticket holders for Man Utd and Man City can get into Spotland for a reduced price? I always think if there was no Rochdale fc and a club started from scratch tomorrow , had a league place, and a Stadium based in Rochdale people would go and support it! The baggage of our past seems to weigh us down so much. Maybe this new Stadium deal will mean a fresh start and we can re brand ourselves? I really hope so.

Spotland purchase complete on 13:26 - Mar 17 with 2206 views49thseason

I'm not sure about the Stadium Company debt being simply a mortgage repayment. The debt has been rising year on year, possibly because of repayments not being made but I think some of the running costs were also adding to the overall debt which was being underwritten (guaranteed) by RMBC.

In all, the purchase of the Ground is a win-win for everyone concerned, RMBC have moved some debt off their books, The RL has recouped money it paid out to rescue Hornets, Hornets have a long-term agreement on ground use and RAFC can now operate the stadium for their own benefit.

The simpler structure will make it easier to drive inward investment and presents opportunities that were previously either not available of difficult to carry out. I think the next 12-18 months may well be transformational from a business perspective.
Spotland purchase complete on 14:09 - Mar 17 with 2109 viewsVespaDale

Spotland purchase complete on 13:17 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

Its sad that as a club we are enjoying our best years under Keith Hill - but are so poorly supported by the people of Rochdale. I was talking to a City supporter at work who used to go watching Dale in the 70's and does get to the occasional game these days - but it is really too expensive to follow 2 teams and also the time it takes out of your life . Could we do a scheme where season ticket holders for Man Utd and Man City can get into Spotland for a reduced price? I always think if there was no Rochdale fc and a club started from scratch tomorrow , had a league place, and a Stadium based in Rochdale people would go and support it! The baggage of our past seems to weigh us down so much. Maybe this new Stadium deal will mean a fresh start and we can re brand ourselves? I really hope so.

So you'd be happy to pay £22 & a floating City / Utd fan get the seat next to you for £15? Nice way to reward the loyal supporters!!!
Spotland purchase complete on 14:20 - Mar 17 with 2078 viewsupthedale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-football-club-acquired-the-ra

Further info
Spotland purchase complete on 14:21 - Mar 17 with 2078 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 14:09 - Mar 17 by VespaDale

So you'd be happy to pay £22 & a floating City / Utd fan get the seat next to you for £15? Nice way to reward the loyal supporters!!!

I get a season ticket so it doesn't bother me. If it fills an empty seat - and they wouldnt be there otherwise - why not? Its not like it would be every home game - you are probably looking at half the home games if that!

Spotland purchase complete on 14:25 - Mar 17 with 2065 views1mark1

Spotland purchase complete on 14:20 - Mar 17 by upthedale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-football-club-acquired-the-ra

Further info

Excellent.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Spotland purchase complete on 14:29 - Mar 17 with 2052 viewsNinco

Spotland purchase complete on 20:18 - Mar 16 by 1mark1

Wonder what the payment arrangements are for Hornets. Do they pay per play, or pay a set amount each month/year.

Also will they have to seek permission to hold certain games like friendlies, and will Dale be able to veto a game if they deam that it will cause problems for the pitch.

Overall though, so long as Hornets pay their way, I think it's good that they will play at Spotland as the income will be good, from the rent and match day revenue from kiosks and bars etc.

My understanding is that they pay a fee for each game they play, but there has been no mention of what they pay for the office and shop. If they are paying per game, how does that work in the close season when the office and shop are still in use, but there are no games to pay for?

To be fair though, Hornets are getting gates of around 500 for most games, and play fewer games than Dale, so they can't realistically be expected to pay the same as Dale have been paying. It just isn't viable on those gates.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024