Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotland purchase complete 16:35 - Mar 16 with 23798 viewsColDale

Been announced on Radio Manc that the share sale has gone through today

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/42302

This post has been edited by an administrator
Spotland purchase complete on 18:01 - Mar 16 with 3337 viewsrobbowood

Spotland purchase complete on 17:46 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

It's the way supporters are treated/taken for granted that winds me up, not just at Rochdale but in general. Apart from that it's whinging about poor performances but isn't that a normal thing to do?

Happy with the Chairman, Directors, manager,most of the players.

Having been a shareholder for many years I can state quite categorically that not once have I ever come accross the chairman, or any other member of the Dale board, taking the Dale supporters for granted
Spotland purchase complete on 18:09 - Mar 16 with 3292 viewsYadHoDale

If the naming rights of Spotland can now be sold, The Clearasil Arena has a nice ring to it... :-)
Spotland purchase complete on 18:11 - Mar 16 with 3275 viewsnordenblue

Spotland purchase complete on 18:01 - Mar 16 by robbowood

Having been a shareholder for many years I can state quite categorically that not once have I ever come accross the chairman, or any other member of the Dale board, taking the Dale supporters for granted

It's been done to death on here about keeping us in the dark and treating fans as purely a cash cow,this is not just at Rochdale though it's the sport in general.

Nows not the time to moan though to be fair,the team are flying and busting a gut on the pitch for everyone and obviously there's a lot of hard work going on behind closed doors higher up the ladder to make this happen.
Spotland purchase complete on 18:14 - Mar 16 with 3258 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 18:01 - Mar 16 by robbowood

Neither have i. The subject we have been talking about today is a example regarding the Ticket situation for the Oldham game. There are loads of examples such as Stadium Searches, excessive charges on debit card transactions, OAPs not being accommodated at the recent reduced price game against Fleetwood etc,and it takes away from the family feel which should be the priority at lower division football clubs.

Was it not one of the Directors who objected to the Trust using the Club bar for a fundraising race night a few years ago, it was switched to Spitland Reform instead? Apologies if I have got that wrong.There has been a disconnection though, Keith Hill mentioned it at Xmas. Maybe now is the time to get that Team Rochdale feel back into the Club.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 18:24]
Spotland purchase complete on 18:28 - Mar 16 with 3167 viewsmacro

Fantastic news, lets hope that this gives Dale the financial control they need and a springboard to using Spotland as an excellent hub for increasing income
Spotland purchase complete on 18:38 - Mar 16 with 3129 viewsNinco

So before, we paid 45% of whatever it cost to run the stadium. Now we have to pay 100% of whatever it costs to run the stadium, pay £100k to the council and pay back the stadium company debt for the next 9 years. I don't see the benefit to the club on this one as surely while it increases their assets by 55%, they will be paying out a fortune for the next 9 years. If anyone with business knowledge can explain how it is a benefit to the club, please do.
Spotland purchase complete on 18:46 - Mar 16 with 3085 viewsscooby

This is chuffing fantastic news!! :) well pleased with this
Spotland purchase complete on 18:47 - Mar 16 with 3079 viewsmingthemerciless

Spotland purchase complete on 18:38 - Mar 16 by Ninco

So before, we paid 45% of whatever it cost to run the stadium. Now we have to pay 100% of whatever it costs to run the stadium, pay £100k to the council and pay back the stadium company debt for the next 9 years. I don't see the benefit to the club on this one as surely while it increases their assets by 55%, they will be paying out a fortune for the next 9 years. If anyone with business knowledge can explain how it is a benefit to the club, please do.

That's my thinking also. I can't see that there's a financial benefit to the club, just a sentimental attachment. Anyway, what's done is done. Just when I'd gone on the wagon so the bar takings will be down by a tenner every fortnight.
Login to get fewer ads

Spotland purchase complete on 18:48 - Mar 16 with 3073 viewsdingdangblue

Does this mean we can finally plan the OL11 Weekender?

#twistinmymelonsman

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spotland purchase complete on 19:09 - Mar 16 with 2980 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Spotland purchase complete on 17:34 - Mar 16 by fitzochris

Or perhaps ownership will allow us to generate revenue through other means, which means we can service the debt without impacting on the playing budget.

The OL11 Weekender?

Bring it on
Spotland purchase complete on 19:17 - Mar 16 with 2926 viewsnordenblue

The club also get to keep 100% of the takings whilst at the same time not paying rent,add to this the naming rights to the stadium could well go up for sponsorship it could earn the football club a small fortune if marketed to its potential I'm guessing.
There are loads of other avenues to explore too as previously mentioned on here
Spotland purchase complete on 19:26 - Mar 16 with 2887 views1mark1

Spotland purchase complete on 19:17 - Mar 16 by nordenblue

The club also get to keep 100% of the takings whilst at the same time not paying rent,add to this the naming rights to the stadium could well go up for sponsorship it could earn the football club a small fortune if marketed to its potential I'm guessing.

Also Weren't Dale paying most of the running costs anyway, not just 45%?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Spotland purchase complete on 19:29 - Mar 16 with 2856 views1mark1

Absolutely. All the profits from the takings at the stadium from the bars and refreshment kiosks will go to the club.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Spotland purchase complete on 19:30 - Mar 16 with 2853 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

No, before we paid 100% of the bills and owned 45%!

Big difference.

This is great news.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Spotland purchase complete on 19:30 - Mar 16 with 2851 views442Dale

Spotland purchase complete on 19:09 - Mar 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

The OL11 Weekender?

Bring it on

How many aparthotels are there round here?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spotland purchase complete on 19:36 - Mar 16 with 2700 viewsrobbowood

We had 45% of the shares but I would be amazed we were only paying 45% of the stadium company expenditure. The rugby league were certainly not paying 45% (if anything?) and the council weren't paying anything

In the long run, once the council loans have been paid off (and we surely can afford £60,000 a year for the next nine years) by keeping 100% of all income from now on it makes financial sense

Frances no longer has her hands tied behind her back and hopefully stadium naming rights will be the first of many other sources of income

Whatever happens in the future the current situation couldn't have carried on for much longer
Spotland purchase complete on 19:38 - Mar 16 with 2688 viewsrochedale

...and the FC will be recieving rent from the EC's!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Spotland purchase complete on 19:39 - Mar 16 with 2668 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 19:29 - Mar 16 by 1mark1

Absolutely. All the profits from the takings at the stadium from the bars and refreshment kiosks will go to the club.

I wonder if there are some plans to upgrade the bar area/boxes in the main stand? I don't go in often, the last tine was the MKDons game and it all looked very tired. In need of a nice transformation, decorating and new carpets and furniture. We could look at doing that now, how good does that sound?
Spotland purchase complete on 19:44 - Mar 16 with 2636 viewsDomDale

Spotland purchase complete on 19:39 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

I wonder if there are some plans to upgrade the bar area/boxes in the main stand? I don't go in often, the last tine was the MKDons game and it all looked very tired. In need of a nice transformation, decorating and new carpets and furniture. We could look at doing that now, how good does that sound?

This.

I've done a few football and rugby matches in the posh seats and Spotland looks very tired. Sadly I'm not sure if inviting potential business partners it would help me seal any deals in it's current guise.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Spotland purchase complete on 19:46 - Mar 16 with 2618 viewsrobbowood

I will be amazed if their isn't a major refurbishment on the first floor, of the main stand, in the bar and toilet areas to name but two in the near future. It would have been financial madness to have done so when we didn't own the ground

I am sure the board will have already looked into what needs to be done in order to bring in as much revenue to the club from now on
Spotland purchase complete on 19:46 - Mar 16 with 2617 viewsboromat

Maybe that could be something the trust could work towards raising money for. That and renovating the main stand toilets! As these things aren't probably a priority to the club as such but are to us fans.

It really is great news and I can't wait to hear Colin and Dunphys views and what things we can now look to do.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Spotland purchase complete on 19:47 - Mar 16 with 2614 viewszxcvbnm

It’s an excellent signing for Dale. Great news

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Spotland purchase complete on 19:54 - Mar 16 with 2572 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 19:46 - Mar 16 by boromat

Maybe that could be something the trust could work towards raising money for. That and renovating the main stand toilets! As these things aren't probably a priority to the club as such but are to us fans.

It really is great news and I can't wait to hear Colin and Dunphys views and what things we can now look to do.

Agree, maybe the trust could help. I have to disagree about priorities though. Those are the areas that generate income on matchdays, corporate hospitality is a good earner and the upstairs bar area forms a first impression for anybody visiting. It's worth splashing out on.
Spotland purchase complete on 19:56 - Mar 16 with 2548 viewsDaley_Lama

New sofas for reception and walnut panelled dressing rooms?

Poll: DF in or out

Spotland purchase complete on 20:05 - Mar 16 with 2512 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 19:56 - Mar 16 by Daley_Lama

New sofas for reception and walnut panelled dressing rooms?

Car boot sales every two weeks (Sunday's), open up the Ratcliffe for breakfast/ bar. Loads of scope to make money with the car park.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024