Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cup team 03:25 - Aug 10 with 3012 viewsRogueTrooper

Looking at our bench on Saturday, I think we have the strength in depth to have a right old bash at them this season without compromising our league form too much. To be honest, a team of our second choice line up is probably superior to our first choice Capital One Cup winning team, in a lot of cases, it would be the same personnel. With a few home draws, I could see us getting to the last stages and if we are looking solid in the league, we can chuck the big guns in and have a good chance of knocking out anyone.

Thoughts?

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Cup team on 08:14 - Aug 10 with 2859 viewsJFSwan

Weakest possible team for early rounds, then later on perhaps go with dyer,Routledge and one out of ki /cork/shelvy

_____Nordfeldt_____

Tabanou Amat Bartley Rangel

_____Leon Fulton_____

Emnes___Grimes___Barrow

_________Eder_________
Cup team on 08:24 - Aug 10 with 2840 viewsTrundle10

WTF! Why would you go with the weakest team possible???? Team should be the best we can put out while resting stars.
Cup team on 09:26 - Aug 10 with 2737 viewsmidswan

simply play the best team you have available,barring injuries/suspensions etc, quite simply that is the best way to go if you are serious about trying to win a competition.
The big teams can and do do t because A, they absolutely have the squad to do so and B, the cups are not that important to them compared to league position/euro comps.
Cup team on 10:31 - Aug 10 with 2678 viewsSwan91

---------------------Nordvelt--------------
Rangel--------Amat------Bartley-------Tabanou
--------------Grimes-------Britton----------
Dyer/Barrow------Emnes---------Routledge
------------------------Eder----------------------

I think thats a strong team to play. then have a mix of stars and youngsters on the bench. if we are winning quite well then stick 1 or 2 more youngsters on, if we are drawing or losing stick shelvey or montero on.
Cup team on 12:30 - Aug 10 with 2595 viewsjasper_T

Cup team on 10:31 - Aug 10 by Swan91

---------------------Nordvelt--------------
Rangel--------Amat------Bartley-------Tabanou
--------------Grimes-------Britton----------
Dyer/Barrow------Emnes---------Routledge
------------------------Eder----------------------

I think thats a strong team to play. then have a mix of stars and youngsters on the bench. if we are winning quite well then stick 1 or 2 more youngsters on, if we are drawing or losing stick shelvey or montero on.

That's an extremely weak midfield. I'd hope at least one of our big 4 midfielders would be playing in the cup games.
Cup team on 12:49 - Aug 10 with 2558 viewsRogueTrooper

Cup team on 12:30 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

That's an extremely weak midfield. I'd hope at least one of our big 4 midfielders would be playing in the cup games.

As we have Cork, Shelvey Ki and Siggy who can play in front of Leon (not all of them play the same time unless we play the diamond) One of those could drop into that team (realistically in place of Emnes) and I personally wouldn't feel short changed on the ticket price.

I agree if we draw a top team we should go with as many first team players as possible, but if we were to get a lower league club like Cardiff at home, I'd bet on our second team winning 2-0
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 16:29]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Cup team on 15:34 - Aug 10 with 2433 viewsowainglyndwr

It would be nice to have a good pop at the FA Cup.
Cup team on 16:05 - Aug 10 with 2368 viewsDull1Thomas

Don't think we'll be interested again this season.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

Cup team on 16:20 - Aug 10 with 2348 viewsChrisSCFC

Cup team on 15:34 - Aug 10 by owainglyndwr

It would be nice to have a good pop at the FA Cup.

And the League Cup while we're at it.

Losing to Blackburn was the low-light of last season for me and getting knocked out of the League Cup by Liverpool in injury time when Gerry flapped at a cross was pretty gutting also.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024