Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. 23:28 - Jan 13 with 12547 viewsrochdaleest1907

It's disappointing when you lot make that response. If you really really think that then try somewhere else. I've lived here most my life but been elsewhere on many occasions, I know we get bad media attention etc but there are other places much worse. Stop it with that stupid response it makes you sound like a bunch of idiots playing with yr own poo.

daveofthedale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:45 - Jan 14 with 4101 viewsDaley_Lama

Versus coastal teams...

We live on a hill
We live on a hill
Your town will get flooded
We live on a hill

Versus London teams

We live in a house
We live in a house
You live in a shoebox
We live in a house

Versus Midlands teams

We live in the north
We live in the north
You have split personality disorders
We live in the north

Versus Yorkshire teams

We live over here
We live over here
Over there is an abomination to the word "county" and if independence was possible for one county then by god let it happen to you, you sheep dipping, md eating, cloth eared dingles
We live over here

Versus Bury

We live in Rochdale
We live in Rochdale
You are going bust
We live in Rochdale

Etc Etc Etc

Bring back rkershaw.

Poll: DF in or out

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:51 - Jan 14 with 4092 viewsDomDale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:27 - Jan 14 by GhanaDale

What's wrong with shelfstackers, DomDale?

Most are alright. You're a bit of a knobber though ;).

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:53 - Jan 14 with 4062 viewsPDIDDY

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:45 - Jan 14 by Daley_Lama

Versus coastal teams...

We live on a hill
We live on a hill
Your town will get flooded
We live on a hill

Versus London teams

We live in a house
We live in a house
You live in a shoebox
We live in a house

Versus Midlands teams

We live in the north
We live in the north
You have split personality disorders
We live in the north

Versus Yorkshire teams

We live over here
We live over here
Over there is an abomination to the word "county" and if independence was possible for one county then by god let it happen to you, you sheep dipping, md eating, cloth eared dingles
We live over here

Versus Bury

We live in Rochdale
We live in Rochdale
You are going bust
We live in Rochdale

Etc Etc Etc

Bring back rkershaw.

Pathetic

Gissa job

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:59 - Jan 14 with 4058 viewsDaley_Lama

I thank you.

You should have voted it down as well

Poll: DF in or out

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 15:09 - Jan 14 with 4035 viewsTomRAFC

I liked living in Rochdale and miss not living in Rochdale. Seems like I'm one of the few people who really wants to return there.

Part of what I like about Rochdale and about football is the community and the banter.

In short the chant is a funny retort.

Most people are obviously very happy to sing it and choose to do so. Asking them to stop when they are happy to sing it just comes across as strange to me.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 15:46 - Jan 14 with 3989 viewsDale_Iain

I'm glad someone's posted this, the chant really annoys me. Well, not the chant itself, but the passion with which it's sung compared to every other chant.

It was funny at first when it was an off-the-cuff response to whichever set of fans called Rochdale a shithole, a nice bit of wit and gallows humour. Now it's become a sort of warped source of pride to people who sing it. What annoys me is that it feels like people actually can't wait to sing it, and it's belted out far more loudly than any other chant. It feels like the whole of the Sandy Lane joins in at every available opportunity, but then can't be bothered to join in with chants that actually support the team. Baffles me. This isn't meant as one of my old rants about people not joining in with chants, if you don't want to then that's up to you, but then why join in with just this chant? You must be a very strange person if you can't be bothered with an 'Up the Dale' but then revel in singing this one.

I know it's meant just as a bit of fun with the away fans, but who actually cares whether they like us or not? I don't. Besides, some parts of Rochdale are really nice, such as Litten Tree and Kokos.
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 15:57 - Jan 14 with 3973 viewsdale_spotland

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 15:09 - Jan 14 by TomRAFC

I liked living in Rochdale and miss not living in Rochdale. Seems like I'm one of the few people who really wants to return there.

Part of what I like about Rochdale and about football is the community and the banter.

Most people are obviously very happy to sing it and choose to do so. Asking them to stop when they are happy to sing it just comes across as strange to me.

This! I moved to Bury 6 months ago due to working here for the past 2 years, live on the rock but I am moving back to Rochdale within the next 2 months and to say I can't wait is a understatement!

Rochdale really isn't so bad.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 15:59 - Jan 14 with 3968 viewsaleanddale

I think rochdale has turned a corner albeit like a fully laden oil tanker.

Some really good boozers and some decent places to eat locally.

Stunning countryside - handy 20 min train to the city centre Manchester bright lights!!

The council need to address - possibly half business rates and attract some blue chip stores to the town and it would not be a bad place to live at all!!

I don't think I will want to live anywhere else despite we still have some way still to go.
Login to get fewer ads

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 16:32 - Jan 14 with 3904 viewsTomRAFC

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 15:59 - Jan 14 by aleanddale

Stunning countryside - handy 20 min train to the city centre Manchester bright lights!!

The council need to address - possibly half business rates and attract some blue chip stores to the town and it would not be a bad place to live at all!!

I don't think I will want to live anywhere else despite we still have some way still to go.

Spot on.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 17:07 - Jan 14 with 3850 viewsRotherhamDale

Do people really take the song seriously? It's a bit of fun. The away fans love it! If making 500 odd people laugh at a song they've never heard before is annoying to you, then you may as well stay indoors.

Regarding singing songs to encourage the team, I must admit that I rarely bother. I enjoy watching football. If I was so interested in singing then I'd join a choir.

Possession with progression.

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 19:28 - Jan 14 with 3733 viewsnordenblue

Id suggest you spread your wings a bit, apart from nostalgic memories for many, myself included the town has nothing to entice people to move there from other areas as a stranger to the town.
We are all different with our opinions but i couldnt wait to get out of the area and would happily never step foot in the place again if it wasn't for the trip to football.
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 20:03 - Jan 14 with 3689 views1907

Great chant keep it going. Always well received and enjoyed by the opposition. The people winging are the people that don't get involved in any of the chants anyway.

Also extremely annoyed with myself for spending the past 5 minutes reading Tazzys political opinions.
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 20:04 - Jan 14 with 3687 viewsD_Alien

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 20:03 - Jan 14 by 1907

Great chant keep it going. Always well received and enjoyed by the opposition. The people winging are the people that don't get involved in any of the chants anyway.

Also extremely annoyed with myself for spending the past 5 minutes reading Tazzys political opinions.

5 seconds more like?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 20:04 - Jan 14 with 3681 viewsBigDaveMyCock

How's about something more factually correct.

We already know
We already know
Rochdale's Central Busines District's a shithole
We already know

This then dovetails quite nicely with:

It's actually quiet nice - in parts (perhaps the Main Stand can sing this bit)
It's actually quite nice - in parts
Rochdale's urban periphery is actually quite nice - and relatively affordable
(again Main Stand to sing).

Not particularly cool and cutting granted. However, away fans I'm sure will nevertheless appreciate the factual accuracy and real estate information.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 20:58 - Jan 14 with 3604 viewsitschalky

I've only visited Rochdale once and didn't find it to be a shithole at all,the town centre could do with some cash spent on it to smarten it up a bit,but there was a decent selection of high street shops and a market that's about the right size for the town,the town is a very impressive building with a great WW2 tale to it...

Before I came up I had an offer of somewhere to park my car plus invites from Rochdale fans to meet up in a pub for a prematch pint so it seems like you are a decent frienly lot,its just a pity that Rochdale has had so much bad publicity lately...
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 21:17 - Jan 14 with 3560 viewsboromat

As quite a lot have already said it's just a bit of tongue in cheek humour and tbf it gets a great reception from the away fans, in fact it's been mentioned several times on opposing clubs forums and followed by positive comments about us as fans or the club in general.

I understand why people* don't like it but anything that helps show our club in a positive light is alright by me!

*without a sense of humour

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 21:19 - Jan 14 with 3548 viewspedrodale

Got to agree about the surounding countryside best thing about Rochdale, quite unique realy,an ancient landscape wild and rugged, surounded by hills and valleys on three sides, some fantastic views and wildlife
Unfortunately its about to be industrialised so I agree with others Rochdales a shithole.
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 21:25 - Jan 14 with 3538 viewsdeeplishblue

Oh Rochdale oh Rochdale
Is wonderful is wonderful
Oh Rochdale is wonderful
It's full of ti*s fa*ny and football
Oh Rochdale is wonderful

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 21:32 - Jan 14 with 3517 viewsjudd

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 21:25 - Jan 14 by deeplishblue

Oh Rochdale oh Rochdale
Is wonderful is wonderful
Oh Rochdale is wonderful
It's full of ti*s fa*ny and football
Oh Rochdale is wonderful

That sounds like it was written by Karen Danczuck.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 21:37 - Jan 14 with 3497 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 21:32 - Jan 14 by judd

That sounds like it was written by Karen Danczuck.

Or Reg Holdsworth

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 3358 viewsJoeburgoyne

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:53 - Jan 14 by PDIDDY

Pathetic

Ahaha great songs we defo need to sing them

ROCHDALE IS A SHITHOLE I ALREADY KNOW
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:39 - Jan 15 with 3208 viewsaleanddale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 19:28 - Jan 14 by nordenblue

Id suggest you spread your wings a bit, apart from nostalgic memories for many, myself included the town has nothing to entice people to move there from other areas as a stranger to the town.
We are all different with our opinions but i couldnt wait to get out of the area and would happily never step foot in the place again if it wasn't for the trip to football.

I don't live in a cave at the bottom of Yorkshire street!! I have travelled a fair bit.

A lot more work to do but heading in the right direction.

Happy with so much the area has to offer. Give me what I have over any huge city centre especially London!!

The council can help an cutting business rates has to be a good starting point.

Just wait til the roch is opened up it will be like Chester or York!!!
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 15:39 - Jan 15 with 3155 viewsreggie_rocket

Chant not at all funny. An insult to all people who work hard to improve the town - business people, volunteers, parks dept. etc. etc.

The town is what you make of it. I think it is brilliant.

50+ years in the Sandy Lane.
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 3097 viewsNigeriamark

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 15:09 - Jan 14 by TomRAFC

Agree totally

I have been an exile for over 15 years but get back to visit friends, see the dale and drink real ale as often as possible. 99%+ of people are great and there are great areas outside the centre

HOWEVER - The town centre and immediate area have been a Sh@T Hole for a number of years and over the years seemed to get worse. Finally though there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The new bus stop/office buildings look good and there is now the tram to the centre. II they can do something creative with the Black Box space + generally tidy up the centre then perhaps we will be on the way to something

BTW I managed to get to the last 2 games and thought the chanting was funny, probably because i assumed it is just about the centre rather than the people of Rochdale
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 16:55 - Jan 15 with 3068 viewsnordenblue

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:39 - Jan 15 by aleanddale

I don't live in a cave at the bottom of Yorkshire street!! I have travelled a fair bit.

A lot more work to do but heading in the right direction.

Happy with so much the area has to offer. Give me what I have over any huge city centre especially London!!

The council can help an cutting business rates has to be a good starting point.

Just wait til the roch is opened up it will be like Chester or York!!!

The only thing that will be remotely like chester is theres a river running through the middle, if your comparing Rochdale to York ill have a pint of whatever you've had.
Change the town all you like it will still have the swamp life that frequent it all too often
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024