Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR+ 20:48 - Jul 17 with 2301 views222gers

For years I've been saying I'll get a VPN to watch Rs away.
I've never gotten around to it but think I will this season because of optimism about the side and being precluded (ooh) from watching the midweek games because of the Sky deal.
I think it was Brian that posted a ten part guide which I promptly lost.
Anyone ?
QPR+ on 20:56 - Jul 17 with 2251 viewsqueensparker

I’ve been using Private Internet Access for years and have no complaints, been a brilliant service.

Download it, install it, run the program and then choose your location for the day.
QPR+ on 22:09 - Jul 17 with 2049 viewsDavieQPR

Only download a free IPN if your not bothered too much about security or trackers. Nothing is free in this life. There has to be some trade off. I mean would you go to work and not get paid for it?
QPR+ on 22:24 - Jul 17 with 1998 views222gers

Thanks chaps, I think I'd go for the Nord which seems recommended and of course a QPR sponsor.
Being a tech dullard ( and other sorts of dullard ), a point by point list as posted by Brian would clinch it.
My worry was I bank online and was worried banks might frown upon this if ever my account was hacked. I checked with the bank and they were non commital but certainly didn't completely rule it out.
QPR+ on 23:08 - Jul 17 with 1910 viewsLblock

QPR+ on 22:24 - Jul 17 by 222gers

Thanks chaps, I think I'd go for the Nord which seems recommended and of course a QPR sponsor.
Being a tech dullard ( and other sorts of dullard ), a point by point list as posted by Brian would clinch it.
My worry was I bank online and was worried banks might frown upon this if ever my account was hacked. I checked with the bank and they were non commital but certainly didn't completely rule it out.

You have mail

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR+ on 23:28 - Jul 17 with 1874 views222gers

QPR+ on 23:08 - Jul 17 by Lblock

You have mail

Thanks, mate.
QPR+ on 21:41 - Jul 18 with 1406 views222gers

Thanks for the help chaps.
I'm a worrier at heart ( well, been supporting QPR since 1955 ), so I messaged my bank asking if the VPN would compromise security.
They said there could be a problem with the VPN sending signals that my account maybe threatened by an overseas factor.
So, can I use the VPN to watch the Rs from Iceland then go back into the usual system to perform mundane tasks like banking, paying bills etc ?
Sorry, I'm a tech dullard.
QPR+ on 22:06 - Jul 18 with 1352 viewsLblock

Yes

You simply switch it off when you wish to be back in good old Blighty

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR+ on 22:24 - Jul 18 with 1337 viewsqueensparker

QPR+ on 21:41 - Jul 18 by 222gers

Thanks for the help chaps.
I'm a worrier at heart ( well, been supporting QPR since 1955 ), so I messaged my bank asking if the VPN would compromise security.
They said there could be a problem with the VPN sending signals that my account maybe threatened by an overseas factor.
So, can I use the VPN to watch the Rs from Iceland then go back into the usual system to perform mundane tasks like banking, paying bills etc ?
Sorry, I'm a tech dullard.

It’s really simple mate, don’t stress. Buy a market-leading one eg NordVPN or Private Internet Access and download it. Won’t cause you any issues, you can turn it on and off whenever you like.

Happy to help you through it if you drop me a message
Login to get fewer ads

QPR+ on 22:29 - Jul 18 with 1310 views222gers

Once again chaps, thanks for the help. . I'll go live before the season starts !
QPR+ on 06:51 - Jul 19 with 1180 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mrs PH and I got one of those TV stick things and we also got a Nord account...Well, that was three months back.

It amazes me that I/we are part of the same species that have walked on the moon, tickled Mars, cloned life, split the atom etc., and yet of all the people humanity could choose to get this fcuker working at No. 38, they'd have been better off choosing Cheech and effing Chong over us two.

Who among our breatheren is clued up on this sourcery and has the patience of Job to assist? We'll donate €50 to a charity of your choosing if you can hold our hands over Skype (it might take more than one call, and we can enlist our cat to help) and get this feckerty-fck-fck-bastard over the line!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR+ on 09:02 - Jul 19 with 1069 views222gers

QPR+ on 06:51 - Jul 19 by PlanetHonneywood

Mrs PH and I got one of those TV stick things and we also got a Nord account...Well, that was three months back.

It amazes me that I/we are part of the same species that have walked on the moon, tickled Mars, cloned life, split the atom etc., and yet of all the people humanity could choose to get this fcuker working at No. 38, they'd have been better off choosing Cheech and effing Chong over us two.

Who among our breatheren is clued up on this sourcery and has the patience of Job to assist? We'll donate €50 to a charity of your choosing if you can hold our hands over Skype (it might take more than one call, and we can enlist our cat to help) and get this feckerty-fck-fck-bastard over the line!

I'm in a pickle with techie stuff as well, but always remember the old country song about the power of positive drinking.
QPR+ on 11:26 - Jul 19 with 965 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR+ on 09:02 - Jul 19 by 222gers

I'm in a pickle with techie stuff as well, but always remember the old country song about the power of positive drinking.

Well, just a thought: would/coukd we fo a Zoom masterclass or some such?

And which ever tech wizard sorts us ludites out, we'll send cash to their charity.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024