Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? 16:44 - Jan 9 with 5704 viewsKeithHaynes

Me, Gareth Bale.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:38 - Jan 9 with 1110 viewsKeithHaynes

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:37 - Jan 9 by SullutaCreturned

Southall?

Banks ?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:47 - Jan 9 with 1099 viewsraynor94

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:30 - Jan 9 by KeithHaynes

If we are moving back from the front then goalkeepers ?

Banks, without a doubt

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:51 - Jan 9 with 1090 viewsraynor94

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:37 - Jan 9 by SullutaCreturned

Southall?

Would have been behind, Shilton and Clemence, imo

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:53 - Jan 9 with 1087 viewsNotLoyal

Right and left backs never really set the pulses racing.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:54 - Jan 9 with 1082 viewspencoedjack

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:53 - Jan 9 by NotLoyal

Ashley Cole was world class.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:55 - Jan 9 with 1075 viewsKeithHaynes

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:54 - Jan 9 by pencoedjack

Ashley Cole was world class.

G.Neville ?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 19:17 - Jan 9 with 1049 viewsswancity

Bale without doubt.

5/6 years ago he was one of the top half a dozen in world football. In that elite group behind Messi and Ronaldo.

Sadly, his performances at the World Cup were dreadful. He knew he was finished.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 19:22 - Jan 9 with 1043 viewsSullutaCreturned

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:53 - Jan 9 by NotLoyal

Roberto Carlos?
Login to get fewer ads

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:17 - Jan 9 with 1016 viewsonehunglow

In no particular order
Ivor
Rush
Bell

Law

One who Stanford’s out… Dalglish

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:19 - Jan 9 with 1021 viewsCleddau

Seen live, would have to be Gordon Banks and less than 12 months after 'that' save.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:49 - Jan 9 with 989 viewslifelong

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:01 - Jan 9 by Treforys_Jack

Assume you mean "live" Glenn Hoddle was some player, as was Rushie, but probably Terry Henry or Dennis Bergkamp.

Ah read it again and you said British, I never saw Best, so will go with Gary Speed or Ian Rush for Wales, Glenn Hoddle for England, King Kenny for Scotland, Liam Brady for Ireland.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 18:05]

I agree about Hoddle, worked in London at the time that Hoddle was in his prime..he was a pleasure to watch.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 21:00 - Jan 9 with 964 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bale

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 21:17 - Jan 9 with 958 viewslifelong

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:17 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

In no particular order
Ivor
Rush
Bell

Law

Ivor stayed at the Swans too long, in my humble opinion, he was too good for us.

I believe he was 29 when he eventually moved to Newcastle, there was undoubtedly big club moves for him earlier in his career.

When he played for Wales in the 1958 World Cup he was described by the then Italian manger as being in the top 4 inside forwards in World football.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 21:46 - Jan 9 with 927 viewsSmallmawl

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 20:17 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

In no particular order
Ivor
Rush
Bell

Law

What I've seen Best, Bale and Gaza.

But my Dad who played with the Alchurch brothers and John Charles said with out a doubt it was
Duncan Edwards, who would have picked up the world cup in 66. He said he would have been the greatest player ever.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 21:51 - Jan 9 with 909 viewsbuilthjack

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 21:46 - Jan 9 by Smallmawl

What I've seen Best, Bale and Gaza.

But my Dad who played with the Alchurch brothers and John Charles said with out a doubt it was
Duncan Edwards, who would have picked up the world cup in 66. He said he would have been the greatest player ever.

Your Dad played for Wales?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 21:53 - Jan 9 with 919 viewsJack11

Can’t disagree with the names mentioned here but Kevin Keegan often gets overlooked in these conversations, what a player he was. Growing up he was genuinely world class for a few seasons.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 22:00 - Jan 9 with 911 viewsSmallmawl

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 21:51 - Jan 9 by builthjack

Your Dad played for Wales?

No he was from Manselton, school boy stuff. He was very friendly with Len Alchurch. Ivor was younger, but played in the team occasionally John Charles played he would be 13 or so. The left back in the team was Vernon Dugie Tegue, he will be the one who will go down in history as he was the last man hung in Wales.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 22:06 - Jan 9 with 901 viewsmajorraglan

If we’re talking truly world class then for me it’s Bale. There are other players who’ve played to the highest standard, but not many have been at the pinnacle for more than a few seasons. Ian Rush was a great player with a phenomenal scoring record, but it didn’t work out for him in Italy snd as much as I rate him, I think Bale is the number 1.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 23:02 - Jan 9 with 863 viewsKilkennyjack

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 21:53 - Jan 9 by Jack11

Can’t disagree with the names mentioned here but Kevin Keegan often gets overlooked in these conversations, what a player he was. Growing up he was genuinely world class for a few seasons.

A made player Keegan.

Miles behind Bale and Best for me.

Beware of the Risen People

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 00:08 - Jan 10 with 821 viewsDr_Parnassus

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 22:06 - Jan 9 by majorraglan

If we’re talking truly world class then for me it’s Bale. There are other players who’ve played to the highest standard, but not many have been at the pinnacle for more than a few seasons. Ian Rush was a great player with a phenomenal scoring record, but it didn’t work out for him in Italy snd as much as I rate him, I think Bale is the number 1.

Giggs would come close, but Bale was a better player in my opinion.

Quite incredible that the two I can think of are Welsh.

Gerrard if I was pushed to name a third.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 00:37 - Jan 10 with 797 viewsRobbie

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 18:51 - Jan 9 by raynor94

Would have been behind, Shilton and Clemence, imo

Also Pat Jennings must be worth a shout in that company of names.
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:18 - Jan 10 with 732 viewspete

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 00:37 - Jan 10 by Robbie

Also Pat Jennings must be worth a shout in that company of names.

A long time ago but Duncan Edwards cannot be far off taken before his prime
Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 08:18 - Jan 10 with 731 viewsKilkennyjack

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 00:08 - Jan 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Giggs would come close, but Bale was a better player in my opinion.

Quite incredible that the two I can think of are Welsh.

Gerrard if I was pushed to name a third.

Fergie has stated that John Charles is the only player from these islands that would get into an all time world XI.

This was as Fergie retired.

You have 3 welsh players.

Beware of the Risen People

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 09:24 - Jan 10 with 705 viewsYossarian

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 09:29 - Jan 10 with 692 viewsKeithHaynes

Name the best British player you have ever seen ? on 09:24 - Jan 10 by Yossarian

Thanks for that, he wasn’t just half decent for sure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024