Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? 07:25 - Jan 30 with 29809 viewsGlyn1

And why, exactly?

Controversial Jack, but who else?

From CJ : "Appears that it could only be 70% effective and not 90% , and none of those in the trial given the low dosage were over 55. Given that many won't have the vaccine and it's effectiveness is just 70% it's going to be a crock of shit."
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 7:28]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:35 - Feb 2 with 1251 viewsFireboy2

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:56 - Feb 1 by Professor

I know mate. Just expressing why I post on these threads and little else here now. Keep safe

👍
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:38 - Feb 2 with 1248 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:22 - Feb 2 by Catullus

We haven't even gone to a supermarket that often, we have fresh fruit, veg, salad and meat delivered once a week and other stuff he can't supply comes from Asda once a week.
We use our local corner shop when we need bread.
We walk the dog in the local park staying well away from other people. We follow the rules too.
What we don't do is listen to all those talking heads on social media making wild claims about the vaccinations etc.
Those people are dangerous.

Both you and AfD are being sensible given your health or age. I barely go into shops either-have to go to Boots to get my inhalers, been in Aldi and Sainbury's less than 10 times in a year. Get deliveries of most food (get veg and eggsfrom a local farm too) and top up in our corner shop. Main activities are taking my son to School-it's a fair trek (9 miles) and he can't cope with buses due to his ASD. I only go into the animal unit in work-which is full PPE with hooded tyvek suit and FFP3 masks anyway. Walk the dogs, but increasingly busy along the Dee marshes or the Wirral Way path.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:38 - Feb 2 with 1248 viewsKeithHaynes

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:56 - Feb 1 by Professor

I know mate. Just expressing why I post on these threads and little else here now. Keep safe

Is there any reason for that prof ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:39 - Feb 2 with 1247 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:22 - Feb 2 by Catullus

We haven't even gone to a supermarket that often, we have fresh fruit, veg, salad and meat delivered once a week and other stuff he can't supply comes from Asda once a week.
We use our local corner shop when we need bread.
We walk the dog in the local park staying well away from other people. We follow the rules too.
What we don't do is listen to all those talking heads on social media making wild claims about the vaccinations etc.
Those people are dangerous.

By far the most dangerous people are those that claim to be experts and spout supposed science that is outside their area of expertise. I genuinely think they should be stopped somehow, in many cases their audience know no better and are easily led.

Michael Yeadon, Ivor Cummins, Dolores Cahill, Claire Craig, Karol Sikora to name but a few, you can often find them being interviewed by Julia Hartley-Brewer.

If they stuck to what they were relevant experts in they wouldn't be talking about Covid at all.

They are extremely dangerous and possibly directly responsible for people losing their lives.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 10:13 - Feb 2 with 1223 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:38 - Feb 2 by KeithHaynes

Is there any reason for that prof ?

Very busy Keith.

Not that I do vast amounts of teaching, but online is vastly more work. Needs to be recorded, then captions added. This is done automatically, but as you can imagine it needs a lot of editing as nearly every technical term is wrong. Also does not like my Welsh accent. Then we have a live session for each. Takes about 6 hours to get a lecture recorded, captioned and uploaded to the system. Whereas a 45 minute lecture takes that plus perhaps 30 minutes updating.

We have also are finalising our submission for the Research Evaluation Framework which ranks UK University research-important for league tables and income (the top performers get more direct income called QR). We have to submit 2.5 research papers per full time staff member, and a research impact case per every 10 members of staff. They are ranked 1* to 4* for each publication and case. Each paper at 4* is worth about £30K in income, each 4* case about £50K. Have spent about a day a week going through papers and cases for last five years as part of a group of five optimising what we put in. Everyone has to have 1 publication returned, but we can return up to 4 or 5 for top performers. Ideally all 228 final outputs are 4*, but reality is about 30% are. To get to 228 we have had to narrow down over 3,000 and 70 impact cases. We finished this yesterday. It's a complete farce but politicians like metrics and tables.

This is on top of trying to run a research group-constant cycle of grant applications (most of which fail) and writing papers. Plus a host of other things.....

Busiest time in 16 years at Liverpool, and all from my dining table.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 10:18 - Feb 2 with 1219 viewsWhiterockin

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 10:13 - Feb 2 by Professor

Very busy Keith.

Not that I do vast amounts of teaching, but online is vastly more work. Needs to be recorded, then captions added. This is done automatically, but as you can imagine it needs a lot of editing as nearly every technical term is wrong. Also does not like my Welsh accent. Then we have a live session for each. Takes about 6 hours to get a lecture recorded, captioned and uploaded to the system. Whereas a 45 minute lecture takes that plus perhaps 30 minutes updating.

We have also are finalising our submission for the Research Evaluation Framework which ranks UK University research-important for league tables and income (the top performers get more direct income called QR). We have to submit 2.5 research papers per full time staff member, and a research impact case per every 10 members of staff. They are ranked 1* to 4* for each publication and case. Each paper at 4* is worth about £30K in income, each 4* case about £50K. Have spent about a day a week going through papers and cases for last five years as part of a group of five optimising what we put in. Everyone has to have 1 publication returned, but we can return up to 4 or 5 for top performers. Ideally all 228 final outputs are 4*, but reality is about 30% are. To get to 228 we have had to narrow down over 3,000 and 70 impact cases. We finished this yesterday. It's a complete farce but politicians like metrics and tables.

This is on top of trying to run a research group-constant cycle of grant applications (most of which fail) and writing papers. Plus a host of other things.....

Respect Prof.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 10:24 - Feb 2 with 1205 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:39 - Feb 2 by Scotia

By far the most dangerous people are those that claim to be experts and spout supposed science that is outside their area of expertise. I genuinely think they should be stopped somehow, in many cases their audience know no better and are easily led.

Michael Yeadon, Ivor Cummins, Dolores Cahill, Claire Craig, Karol Sikora to name but a few, you can often find them being interviewed by Julia Hartley-Brewer.

If they stuck to what they were relevant experts in they wouldn't be talking about Covid at all.

They are extremely dangerous and possibly directly responsible for people losing their lives.

Would add Carl Henneghan. He is essentially a GP/academic who looks at cardiac disease and treatment in primary care. He is very good at this, but has been very opportunistic in the pandemic in trying to publish his idea of PCR false positives (which has failed to be accepted by any journal following peer review). Mainly as it is highly flawed and he does not understand the assay. As this narrative fits the deniers he has led the charge on this. When, if you know about qPCR, it is clearly a terrible piece of work.

Sikora and Cahill have some pretty extreme right-wing agendas. Cahill is actually a pretty mediocre scientist-she has a very low H-index (a way of assessing the impact of someones research based on citations) of 36 which for someone who has been at Professorial level for 16 years is pretty poor-especially in a biomedical field. Sikora is a good oncologist, but clearly has got a viral pandemic seriously wrong.

Yeardon and Cummins are con-men. Cummins is an expert in ink jet technology-trying to sell his books and website. Not sure what Yeardon is up to, but time will tell. Again, although we has worked in Pharma, he is a pharmacologist (how drugs work) rather than anything to do with infection.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 10:42 - Feb 2 with 1180 viewsexhmrc1

Very busy Keith.

Interesting to hear about the problem with your Welsh accent. I had similar problems with a Scottish typist years ago. People on here tried to make fun of the reason Drakeford is speaking slowly at press conferences and I suspect it is probably for the reason you outlined to help overcome his broad West Walian accent.
Login to get fewer ads

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:02 - Feb 2 with 1169 viewsCatullus

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:15 - Feb 1 by Scotia

Obviously I don't know the people you mention, but there is a growing opinion that Covid is a vascular disease as much as a respiratory disease. It affects blood clotting and blood vessels.

Heart attacks and strokes are very common in covid patients, so it is possible that their heart attacks were caused by Covid.

It's very sad nonetheless.

Our next door neighbour, her older brother has covid and is in hospital, he had a stroke too and the doctor told her it may have been linked to covid. He is also diabetic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:09 - Feb 2 with 1164 viewsCatullus

Very busy Keith.

Surprised you find any time to look on here!

Stay safe Prof.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:10 - Feb 2 with 1160 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 09:38 - Feb 2 by Professor

Both you and AfD are being sensible given your health or age. I barely go into shops either-have to go to Boots to get my inhalers, been in Aldi and Sainbury's less than 10 times in a year. Get deliveries of most food (get veg and eggsfrom a local farm too) and top up in our corner shop. Main activities are taking my son to School-it's a fair trek (9 miles) and he can't cope with buses due to his ASD. I only go into the animal unit in work-which is full PPE with hooded tyvek suit and FFP3 masks anyway. Walk the dogs, but increasingly busy along the Dee marshes or the Wirral Way path.

Plenty of room on Hilbre Island ,Paul.Just watch the tides and stick to the trails.

Ever seen anyone trapped there? I have .Utter dummies.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:12 - Feb 2 with 1159 viewsonehunglow

Very busy Keith.

Would have thought you'd have softened that strong valleys accent Paul.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:44 - Feb 2 with 1146 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:12 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

Would have thought you'd have softened that strong valleys accent Paul.

I have. But it is an American system and we all have problems with it-not just me exhmrc!

My poor Scouse colleague has it even worse
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:47 - Feb 2 with 1141 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:09 - Feb 2 by Catullus

Surprised you find any time to look on here!

Stay safe Prof.

I don't really Cat. But a few minutes between online meetings helps keep me sane.

I alternate between this and a quick strum.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 12:52 - Feb 2 with 1110 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:47 - Feb 2 by Professor

I don't really Cat. But a few minutes between online meetings helps keep me sane.

I alternate between this and a quick strum.

I can do you an on line tutorial with discount for Swans fans.

Tip for the day---check out open tuning,preferably D. Loads of tune and virtually all of Blood on the Tracks.

I have a capo to give you if you want.I am having a clear out a we are having work on house done next Month. I have collected much along the way.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:16 - Feb 2 with 1093 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 12:52 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

I can do you an on line tutorial with discount for Swans fans.

Tip for the day---check out open tuning,preferably D. Loads of tune and virtually all of Blood on the Tracks.

I have a capo to give you if you want.I am having a clear out a we are having work on house done next Month. I have collected much along the way.

Thanks-I have one
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:25 - Feb 2 with 1086 viewsexhmrc1

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 11:44 - Feb 2 by Professor

I have. But it is an American system and we all have problems with it-not just me exhmrc!

My poor Scouse colleague has it even worse

I know that is something we Welsh have and no doubt others. I have been told by American cousins that I sing as I talk and they find difficulty picking up what I say. I have learned to speak slower for them. I can understand why Drakeford speaks slowly in his conferences. Probably years as a lecturer like you.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:34 - Feb 2 with 1082 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:25 - Feb 2 by exhmrc1

I know that is something we Welsh have and no doubt others. I have been told by American cousins that I sing as I talk and they find difficulty picking up what I say. I have learned to speak slower for them. I can understand why Drakeford speaks slowly in his conferences. Probably years as a lecturer like you.

I speak nothing like I did when I left for University in 1986. I had a real Rhondda accent (was born in Neath but moved there as a small child). My daughter says I sound more west walian now
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 15:40 - Feb 2 with 1050 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 14:16 - Feb 2 by Professor

Thanks-I have one

Well Ive got 6.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:16 - Feb 2 with 1014 viewsScotia

It's been reported that the Oxford vaccine at least reduces transmission by 2/3.

Surely that convinces those who weren't going to take it to change their minds?
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:34 - Feb 2 with 1005 viewsGwyn737

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:16 - Feb 2 by Scotia

It's been reported that the Oxford vaccine at least reduces transmission by 2/3.

Surely that convinces those who weren't going to take it to change their minds?

It’s fantastic news. I’m genuinely optimistic that there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

We will forever be in the scientists’s debt.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:05 - Feb 3 with 912 viewscontroversial_jack

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:34 - Feb 2 by Gwyn737

It’s fantastic news. I’m genuinely optimistic that there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

We will forever be in the scientists’s debt.

However, Belgium is being cautious about the AZ saying that it hasn't been tested sufficiently on over 55s and that there is very little data on this
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:46 - Feb 3 with 901 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:05 - Feb 3 by controversial_jack

However, Belgium is being cautious about the AZ saying that it hasn't been tested sufficiently on over 55s and that there is very little data on this

I think there is a significant political element to that.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:54 - Feb 3 with 896 viewsexhmrc1

I dont know why the EC are making such a fuss about AZ if they dont intend using it for older groups. Is it just to cover up the failings in production of Pfizer vaccine.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:04 - Feb 3 with 893 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:54 - Feb 3 by exhmrc1

I dont know why the EC are making such a fuss about AZ if they dont intend using it for older groups. Is it just to cover up the failings in production of Pfizer vaccine.

Not using it on the very group that needs it the most.
That will go down well with their public.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024