Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paralympic games 14:26 - Aug 29 with 857 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m just watching the badminton for dwarves on channel 4.Very quick and skilful game.
I wonder if they have rugby 7’s for dwarves?And is Snow White the ref?
Paralympic games on 14:29 - Aug 29 with 835 viewsDaBurgh

Dear oh dear, you're just asking for trouble.
Paralympic games on 14:45 - Aug 29 with 719 viewswortonr

It’s an interesting watch. For me needs to be taken in exactly the same way as Olympics…which I understand is the aim of the athletes and event organisers.
So Opening Ceremony…pretty tedious and baffling, so that matches the Olympics one.
Limited sport so far? Worth a watch when truly competitive…likely to be the case for the majority of sports and events.
Problem comes with the events where’s there is a massive ability range and the winner seems pretty obvious. I realise this is due to the classification system but it makes the spectacle flawed. Also the seemingly small field in some events..again hardly surprising.
But I’ve already found some inspirational stuff and some really dull stuff..so similar to the Olympics.
As for acceptable dwarf jokes?
Maybe
“ I was asked for a password with 8 characters, so I went for the 7 dwarves plus Snow White “
I reckon that’s on the acceptable side of being ok.
Paralympic games on 14:51 - Aug 29 with 665 viewsstowmarketrange

Paralympic games on 14:45 - Aug 29 by wortonr

It’s an interesting watch. For me needs to be taken in exactly the same way as Olympics…which I understand is the aim of the athletes and event organisers.
So Opening Ceremony…pretty tedious and baffling, so that matches the Olympics one.
Limited sport so far? Worth a watch when truly competitive…likely to be the case for the majority of sports and events.
Problem comes with the events where’s there is a massive ability range and the winner seems pretty obvious. I realise this is due to the classification system but it makes the spectacle flawed. Also the seemingly small field in some events..again hardly surprising.
But I’ve already found some inspirational stuff and some really dull stuff..so similar to the Olympics.
As for acceptable dwarf jokes?
Maybe
“ I was asked for a password with 8 characters, so I went for the 7 dwarves plus Snow White “
I reckon that’s on the acceptable side of being ok.

It’s not really a level playing field as the funding that goes towards our athletes is a great deal more than most countries,and we normally finish higher up the medal table than we do in the other Olympic Games.
Paralympic games on 16:43 - Aug 29 with 467 viewsderbyhoop

I'd recommend watching wheelchair rugby. They nickname it "murder ball". 3 minutes watching will show you why.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024