Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 09:07 - Aug 24 with 2522 viewspaulhoop2

Returns to Everton on a 12 month deal !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Begovic on 09:18 - Aug 24 with 2453 viewsGaryHaddock

The football world baffles me.
Begovic on 09:23 - Aug 24 with 2412 viewsMick_S

Begovic on 09:18 - Aug 24 by GaryHaddock

The football world baffles me.

Yes.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Begovic on 09:29 - Aug 24 with 2365 viewslightwaterhoop

Why not? surely he is just there as a decent 3rd choice which he would be.
Begovic on 11:00 - Aug 24 with 2137 viewsLeedsR

Not too bothered - if they’re wanting to pay him, why wouldn’t he? You’re a long time retired.

What annoys me is that on the bbc sports day round up, they referred to him as the former Chelsea and Bournemouth goalkeeper and making it sound as if he hadn’t been playing for ages. No mention of Rangers and the fact that he played 40 plus games for us last season!! Football really is only Premier League for some.
Begovic on 12:30 - Aug 24 with 1928 viewsSydneyRs

Given what a shambles Everton's defence was last week he'll probably fit right in.
Begovic on 14:12 - Aug 24 with 1808 viewsMatch82

Begovic on 11:00 - Aug 24 by LeedsR

Not too bothered - if they’re wanting to pay him, why wouldn’t he? You’re a long time retired.

What annoys me is that on the bbc sports day round up, they referred to him as the former Chelsea and Bournemouth goalkeeper and making it sound as if he hadn’t been playing for ages. No mention of Rangers and the fact that he played 40 plus games for us last season!! Football really is only Premier League for some.

I think we've all collectively agreed to forget begovic played for us haven't we? Best for all parties.
Begovic on 21:43 - Aug 24 with 1442 viewsstainrods_elbow

Begovic on 14:12 - Aug 24 by Match82

I think we've all collectively agreed to forget begovic played for us haven't we? Best for all parties.

Ridiculous - he did fine for us for the most part. And obviously one Prem club feel he can still do a job for them - but I guess your professional background in the game means you an d others know better, eh?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Begovic on 21:54 - Aug 24 with 1433 viewsSpaceman_P

Begovic must be a freemason and know a special handshake, bloke will be playing his whole life and still flogging his used gloves at an unsuspecting public.
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 13:34 - Aug 27 with 918 viewsDiddy

Begovic on 21:43 - Aug 24 by stainrods_elbow

Ridiculous - he did fine for us for the most part. And obviously one Prem club feel he can still do a job for them - but I guess your professional background in the game means you an d others know better, eh?

Totally agree, Begovic is a very good shot stopper. Personally I would have given him another season between the sticks at Loftus Road. I think Nardi is ok but worryingly think his positioning against WBA for the goals was poor and the fact he conceded a shot from well outside the area on Saturday doesn't convince me he's an upgrade on Begovic at the moment at least.
Begovic on 14:16 - Aug 27 with 806 viewsBoston

We were fortunate to get Begovic, there was nothing else available. He may not have set the world on fire but did ok.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Begovic on 14:18 - Aug 27 with 775 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Everton's close to his new goalkeeping school in West London.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Begovic on 14:46 - Aug 27 with 645 viewsLoyalitat

Begovic on 13:34 - Aug 27 by Diddy

Totally agree, Begovic is a very good shot stopper. Personally I would have given him another season between the sticks at Loftus Road. I think Nardi is ok but worryingly think his positioning against WBA for the goals was poor and the fact he conceded a shot from well outside the area on Saturday doesn't convince me he's an upgrade on Begovic at the moment at least.

Other than being okay with his feet when in possession, Nardi isn't an upgrade. Like you, I was of the view that his positioning for a couple of the goals conceded against West Brom was poor, could also be said of the Hamer strike for Sheffield United's first goal.

Defensively, we have restricted sides to very few shots on target in the league games, so he hasn't been involved to any great extent, yet we've conceded 6 goals. The few shots that he has saved have been struck straight at him from memory.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024