Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread 12:17 - Aug 17 with 57882 viewscolinallcars

Bit late….

Any chance of a point or three ?
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:42 - Aug 17 with 2690 viewsQuillPenRiot

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:41 - Aug 17 by QPunkR

Fk me, Andersen’s now crocked himself taking an awful corner

Smyth on, Dembele to the 10?
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:43 - Aug 17 with 2677 viewsHunterhoop

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:28 - Aug 17 by mart_Goblin

I feel like MC might have to look at a different formation .
Dont seem to matter who we play the set up seems wrong .

This is painful as they ain’t even doing anything to be 2-0 up .

Whatever happens we have to be quite painful but we all hate losing matches

It’s at this moment I will refer back to my post on the Cambridge match thread.

I think he’s trying to play his style with our no. 10 pushed further forward, only one player truly sitting in defensive midfield, and inverted full backs. Laudable. But I don’t think we’re ready. We’re not clicking. Execution and positioning and fitness all a bit off.

As I said after Tuesday’s match, I would have played Colback, Field AND Varane today to put some stodge in there, try to kill/calm the game and make it very hard for Sheff Utd.

We need to build from a base of being hard to score against (like last season with him) not try to play the beautiful game when we’re off.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:43 - Aug 17 with 2660 viewsderbyhoop

Looks like Andersson's done a groin.
Smyth as his sub.

Huge midfield, then

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:43 - Aug 17 with 2649 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Oh dear. Smyth on.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:43 - Aug 17 with 2634 viewskarlski

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:27 - Aug 17 by E17hoop

Varane is a good player but not up with the speed of the game yet. He had freedom on Tuesday to play at his pace - in the first half at least - and looked good. When CU stepped up the pace he struggles and has struggled a bit this pm too.

He'll come good.

Good perspective thanks

I like that he's at least tried to play a forward pass a few times this half and has won a few physical duels which should give him some confidence

I suppose that's the point of making signings like this - you hope once they settle and get used to the league they will improve on a solid foundation. Fingers crossed, but in the meantime a big part to play in the two goals conceded. Bound to happen.

Andersen has done his groin.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:44 - Aug 17 with 2552 viewsE17hoop

Being called Sm-eye-th on CBS SPorts and on the tannoy.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:45 - Aug 17 with 2521 viewsconnell10

How did Anderson injury himself taking a corner ffs ? I'm not watching the game so I'm intrigued.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:45 - Aug 17 with 2511 viewsLblock

That Anderson is finished
Needs putting out to seed for me.
Thanks for last season but his body has gone And he’s not got the durability for a season in the Championship

Shame

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:45 - Aug 17 with 2474 views1BobbyHazell

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:36 - Aug 17 by BrianMcCarthy

We still have no outlet in midfield. Varane's not even looking. Neither does Field or Colback when they play there.

So we always play it up the wings, where the oppo are always waiting for us and we have to turn back or lose it.

Massive pet peeve of mine Brian.

You can't play good football if you don't even try. Field just looks at the man on the ball constantly pointing to the most obvious pass available. Extremely frustrating! Football at this level is moving beyond teams having defensive mids who cant take a ball, move it forward and then support.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:46 - Aug 17 with 2471 viewsE17hoop

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:45 - Aug 17 by connell10

How did Anderson injury himself taking a corner ffs ? I'm not watching the game so I'm intrigued.

Pulled a groin.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:46 - Aug 17 with 2432 viewsHunterhoop

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 13:03 - Aug 17 by Hayesender

The man who took me to my first QPR game, my Dad, in 1981 even though he was a massive Arsenal fan passed away peacefully in the early hours of this morning.

Three points for us and the Arsenal today please 🙏

Condolences, Hayes. Difficult day. All the best.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:47 - Aug 17 with 2369 viewsQPunkR

I mean, if you can injure yourself under no pressure taking a corner then what the hell hope is there for us??

QPR - "shit but local"

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:48 - Aug 17 with 2279 viewsHunterhoop

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:45 - Aug 17 by 1BobbyHazell

Massive pet peeve of mine Brian.

You can't play good football if you don't even try. Field just looks at the man on the ball constantly pointing to the most obvious pass available. Extremely frustrating! Football at this level is moving beyond teams having defensive mids who cant take a ball, move it forward and then support.

It’s also about keeping your shape, tracking runners, being disciplined, not giving it away in your half. The Championship is a basic league. You’ll be top half doing the above.

We aren’t.

That’s the bigger issue.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:49 - Aug 17 with 2218 viewsPdog

Noticed Varane likes to to slide in often, quite unnecessarily as per CU goal midweek and just now for a yellow card. Walking red card right now
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:49 - Aug 17 with 2211 viewsconnell10

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:46 - Aug 17 by E17hoop

Pulled a groin.

I've never seen a player get injured taking a corner...that's quite a feat.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:50 - Aug 17 with 2133 viewsNov77

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:30 - Aug 17 by connell10

Missing Chair big time imo

Their goalkeeper could sit in a chair second half if he wants to.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:50 - Aug 17 with 2113 viewsrbee

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:41 - Aug 17 by QPunkR

Fk me, Andersen’s now crocked himself taking an awful corner

We've done something to upset the Football Gods. What a start to the season.

Two more games until the International break and time for our new players to acclimatise.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:51 - Aug 17 with 2033 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:43 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

It’s at this moment I will refer back to my post on the Cambridge match thread.

I think he’s trying to play his style with our no. 10 pushed further forward, only one player truly sitting in defensive midfield, and inverted full backs. Laudable. But I don’t think we’re ready. We’re not clicking. Execution and positioning and fitness all a bit off.

As I said after Tuesday’s match, I would have played Colback, Field AND Varane today to put some stodge in there, try to kill/calm the game and make it very hard for Sheff Utd.

We need to build from a base of being hard to score against (like last season with him) not try to play the beautiful game when we’re off.

Yep, would have packed the midfield and dropped Lloyd. The gaps are huge and so easy to play through.

Pack the centre and make it difficult.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:51 - Aug 17 with 2028 viewsQuillPenRiot

Nice way to end a poor half, some promise there

This QPR team has so much upside
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:51 - Aug 17 with 2028 viewsdmm

That was an awful first 15 mins, although we improved a bit as the half progressed. I can't see us scoring though.

We still look half baked. The players do not look like they know what they're supposed to be doing. We're ponderous going forward and open through the middle and the back. Sheff Utd haven't had to work too hard for their lead and are in control most of the time. Cifuentes needs to get a grip.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:51 - Aug 17 with 2013 viewsQPunkR

I’m not overreacting after this as a) it’s still early doors and b) as we’ve been reminded poignantly, there are far more important things — but this still still been an abject performance with almost no-one out there apart from Dembélé seeming to have an idea what they should be doing.

So in the interests of improving the rest of my day as well as the experience of those reading this thread, I’m going to fk off to bed instead of watching the second half. It those in the horrid kit can’t be arsd to play football then I can’t be arsd to watch it

QPR - "shit but local"

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:54 - Aug 17 with 1775 viewshoops_legend

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:51 - Aug 17 by QPunkR

I’m not overreacting after this as a) it’s still early doors and b) as we’ve been reminded poignantly, there are far more important things — but this still still been an abject performance with almost no-one out there apart from Dembélé seeming to have an idea what they should be doing.

So in the interests of improving the rest of my day as well as the experience of those reading this thread, I’m going to fk off to bed instead of watching the second half. It those in the horrid kit can’t be arsd to play football then I can’t be arsd to watch it

Dembele does look sublime

Nothing else positive to say so I won’t for the rest of the day

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:54 - Aug 17 with 1762 viewsandrew1302

I am sorry but you have to worry. We look weak, we dont seem to understand the system and we have no goalscorer. I am finding it hard to believe Marti has started a season so badly as all 3 games to date have been shockers. Team togetherness was such an important factor last year and this team looks devoid of strength, cooperation or frankly caring a lot. Very very disappointing.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:55 - Aug 17 with 1710 viewsdavman

Abysmal

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:56 - Aug 17 with 1690 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:37 - Aug 17 by essextaxiboy

It's painful today, but it's a long season and it's only August . I just think we have to be patient trust a manager who produced a miracle last season .
We have made signings with potential but with a collective 0 appearances in this league .
It's going to take time for them to get up to speed. 10-15 games .

Great - wake me up toward the end of November in that case, when Marti/the team have decided to get competitive!

'Ckin' joke!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024