Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker signing - Cameron Archer 22:33 - Aug 15 with 3508 viewsPatfromPoole

Possibly…..

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Striker signing - Cameron Archer on 16:39 - Aug 16 with 578 views1ASIN12

Striker signing - Cameron Archer on 16:23 - Aug 16 by A1079

Don't disagree. He is putting a hell of a lot of faith in McCarthy and in our defence and in McCarthy not getting injured as our back up (for what it is) doesn't fill me with confidence either. Unless he is relying on us scoring more goals than we concede but that is highly unlikely.

Off to Newcastle tomorrow and I hate to say but I predict a fairly easy win for the home side.

Also off to Newcastle tomorrow, you just know what’s going to happen - the talk will be keep it tight for the 1st 20 mins or so and take the sting out of the game only to let one in after less then 5 mins and as you say a routine 3-0 win for Newcastle.
Striker signing - Cameron Archer on 09:32 - Aug 17 with 331 viewsdirk_doone

I keep hearing Cameron Archer referred to as a striker but he's only ever scored 4 goals in 39 Premier League games. It sounds like he's another forward who doesn't score many goals, of which we have many, but not the striker we need.

Definition of striker: "The furthest attacker on the field, WITH THE MAIN TASK OF SCORING GOALS"

Examples: Martin Chivers, Ron Davies, Rickie Lambert, Danny Ings
[Post edited 17 Aug 9:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Striker signing - Cameron Archer on 09:44 - Aug 17 with 315 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Striker signing - Cameron Archer on 09:32 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

I keep hearing Cameron Archer referred to as a striker but he's only ever scored 4 goals in 39 Premier League games. It sounds like he's another forward who doesn't score many goals, of which we have many, but not the striker we need.

Definition of striker: "The furthest attacker on the field, WITH THE MAIN TASK OF SCORING GOALS"

Examples: Martin Chivers, Ron Davies, Rickie Lambert, Danny Ings
[Post edited 17 Aug 9:34]

Derek Reeves, Charlie Wayman!!
Striker signing - Cameron Archer on 09:53 - Aug 17 with 310 viewsdirk_doone

Striker signing - Cameron Archer on 09:44 - Aug 17 by SouthSeaSaint

Derek Reeves, Charlie Wayman!!

Exactly. We used to call them centre forwards and they usually wore the No.9 shirt.

In his Wiki entry, which his agent would certainly have checked out, Archer is called a "forward or left winger" 4 goals in 39 games doesn't seem quite so bad then. That's about a Shane Long goalscoring ratio.

[Post edited 17 Aug 18:10]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024