Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley 15:37 - Aug 10 with 3109 viewsgrumpy

He wanted to come here,Martin was really keen to get him. He would have been great alongside Downes. Watch Brighton if he signs this season,he’s a great signing.
[Post edited 10 Aug 15:41]
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 15:38 - Aug 10 with 2612 viewsPatfromPoole

We clearly need a Stu Armstrong type of player, as we have zilch threat from midfield at the moment….

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 15:52 - Aug 10 with 2528 viewsgrumpy

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 15:38 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

We clearly need a Stu Armstrong type of player, as we have zilch threat from midfield at the moment….

We have a poor squad by Premiership standards.
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 15:58 - Aug 10 with 2489 viewssaintpaz

we aren't paying the bucks though let me guess?
[Post edited 10 Aug 15:58]
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 16:13 - Aug 10 with 2432 viewsareasix

Have I missed something, last I heard a couple of days ago from St Marys that we are still talking to Celtic but their price 25m and our budget isnt able to join up!
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 16:41 - Aug 10 with 2365 views1teeminants

Grumps we can’t afford anymore signings until we sell. It’s well documented.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:10 - Aug 10 with 2309 viewsTripleNiemi

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 16:41 - Aug 10 by 1teeminants

Grumps we can’t afford anymore signings until we sell. It’s well documented.

Is it just me or do some just not understand the situation we appear to be in financially?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:12 - Aug 10 with 2306 viewssaintpaz

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:10 - Aug 10 by TripleNiemi

Is it just me or do some just not understand the situation we appear to be in financially?

we should try selling then as we need players in ASAP and there is a load of deadwood to get rid of
[Post edited 10 Aug 17:12]
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:17 - Aug 10 with 2292 viewsTripleNiemi

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:12 - Aug 10 by saintpaz

we should try selling then as we need players in ASAP and there is a load of deadwood to get rid of
[Post edited 10 Aug 17:12]

Thought we were trying to offload some players to be honest, but as you note, we have a lot of deadwood that even the Turks are not fussed on buying. Rather than ‘We March On’ being the slogan, perhaps it should now be ‘We Are Skint’.
[Post edited 10 Aug 17:18]

Login to get fewer ads

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:18 - Aug 10 with 2283 viewssaintpaz

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:10 - Aug 10 by TripleNiemi

also, we had a £15m offer rejected for Carvalho just the other day (he has just been bought by Brentford) so I'm sure we are just being stingy as normal. Anyhow, we still need a keeper, CM and striker in my book at the very least
[Post edited 10 Aug 17:19]
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:22 - Aug 10 with 2257 viewsTripleNiemi

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:18 - Aug 10 by saintpaz

also, we had a £15m offer rejected for Carvalho just the other day (he has just been bought by Brentford) so I'm sure we are just being stingy as normal. Anyhow, we still need a keeper, CM and striker in my book at the very least
[Post edited 10 Aug 17:19]

Let’s be honest, even if we had a pool of cash (like Nick often suggests) the club or Manager would be nuts to say that as it just inflates the price. Fingers crossed we have a something in the coffers but for me - expect minimal and then there is little disappointment.
[Post edited 10 Aug 17:24]

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:55 - Aug 10 with 2166 viewskingslandstand1

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 16:13 - Aug 10 by areasix

Have I missed something, last I heard a couple of days ago from St Marys that we are still talking to Celtic but their price 25m and our budget isnt able to join up!

Unfortunately if we cannot afford (or will not spend) £25m and are only looking at players of £20m or lower if that is the case, then we may as well give up now. Speculate to accumalate and all that - my arris I'm afraid
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 18:13 - Aug 10 with 2104 viewsgrumpy

Does anyone of us know the financial position? How much will we find in January if relegation is threatening? How much will being relegated again cost? The potential of the club is enormous but we think too small to realise it.
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 18:31 - Aug 10 with 2037 viewssaint22

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:55 - Aug 10 by kingslandstand1

Unfortunately if we cannot afford (or will not spend) £25m and are only looking at players of £20m or lower if that is the case, then we may as well give up now. Speculate to accumalate and all that - my arris I'm afraid

Twas ever thus at saints
We won’t spend and we won’t win games because we don’t have the squad
Jesus imagine a couple of injuries plus suspensions and it will be manning Stephens Taylor at the back fendingi off salah Haaland solanke etc
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 18:53 - Aug 10 with 1955 viewsBerber

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 17:17 - Aug 10 by TripleNiemi

Thought we were trying to offload some players to be honest, but as you note, we have a lot of deadwood that even the Turks are not fussed on buying. Rather than ‘We March On’ being the slogan, perhaps it should now be ‘We Are Skint’.
[Post edited 10 Aug 17:18]

We shuffle on.
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 19:06 - Aug 10 with 1932 viewssaintmark1976

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 18:31 - Aug 10 by saint22

Twas ever thus at saints
We won’t spend and we won’t win games because we don’t have the squad
Jesus imagine a couple of injuries plus suspensions and it will be manning Stephens Taylor at the back fendingi off salah Haaland solanke etc

Absolutely spot on saint22, it’s why we have only ever won a single major trophy in 138 years.

It should be, Thus It Ever Was, not We March On.

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 19:36 - Aug 10 with 1869 viewsPatfromPoole

We have spent nearly £40 million just to largely preserve the status quo from last season, in signing Harwood-Bellis and Downes.

Which were both essential signings.

Brereton was another £7 million.

Then the same again in total for the two young CB’s.

Then another few million for the guys we are sending to Turkey.

So that’s the thick end of £60 million down with next to nothing coming in from sales (no idea what we got for that idiot Lyanco, but presumably not much).

It’s just that really we need to spend the same again just to give ourselves a half-decent chance of competing in this League.

And I suspect Solak is nervous about doing it, given how much we wasted two seasons ago.

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 20:33 - Aug 10 with 1759 viewskingslandstand1

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 19:36 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

We have spent nearly £40 million just to largely preserve the status quo from last season, in signing Harwood-Bellis and Downes.

Which were both essential signings.

Brereton was another £7 million.

Then the same again in total for the two young CB’s.

Then another few million for the guys we are sending to Turkey.

So that’s the thick end of £60 million down with next to nothing coming in from sales (no idea what we got for that idiot Lyanco, but presumably not much).

It’s just that really we need to spend the same again just to give ourselves a half-decent chance of competing in this League.

And I suspect Solak is nervous about doing it, given how much we wasted two seasons ago.

But Solak appointed the people that spent that money. Nick may well come back to defend the club, but noting SR have had experience in the running of clubs of our level I believe (please correct me if wrong), but even if they haven't they clearly don't have a clue regarding recruitment
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 21:01 - Aug 10 with 1694 viewsPatfromPoole

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 20:33 - Aug 10 by kingslandstand1

But Solak appointed the people that spent that money. Nick may well come back to defend the club, but noting SR have had experience in the running of clubs of our level I believe (please correct me if wrong), but even if they haven't they clearly don't have a clue regarding recruitment

We recruited pretty well last season, but I suspect that was largely down to Wilcox.

Brereton looks a good signing though, possibly a steal at £7 million.

We need two or three more of his quality, then we might have a chance.

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 22:30 - Aug 10 with 1593 viewssaintmark1976

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 21:01 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

We recruited pretty well last season, but I suspect that was largely down to Wilcox.

I expect the thinking may well be that Leicester will have points deducted and Ipswich won’t be good enough and perhaps, just perhaps, there may well be one other club apart from us to take the third relegation spot.

Risky strategy but I suppose it might come up trumps ?

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 21:53 - Aug 11 with 1189 viewshedgeend61

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 16:13 - Aug 10 by areasix

Let's hope we're not pinning our PL hopes spending £25m on a player who's never played PL level and couldn't even get in a poor Denmark squad.

Our fans bigging him up having never heard of him before we were linked, or ever seen him play before make you laugh.

He may be the next Michael Laudrup, but then again he might not.
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 21:59 - Aug 11 with 1171 viewsPatfromPoole

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 21:53 - Aug 11 by hedgeend61

Let's hope we're not pinning our PL hopes spending £25m on a player who's never played PL level and couldn't even get in a poor Denmark squad.

Our fans bigging him up having never heard of him before we were linked, or ever seen him play before make you laugh.

Quite.

There were 3 Brentford players in the Denmark Euros squad, including two midfielders…….

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 23:01 - Aug 11 with 1089 viewsgrumpy

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 21:53 - Aug 11 by hedgeend61

Tell us who you are pinning our hopes on?
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 23:27 - Aug 11 with 1056 viewsPatfromPoole

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 23:01 - Aug 11 by grumpy

Tell us who you are pinning our hopes on?

There are plenty of players out there.

We just need to buy smart.

Or loan smart.
[Post edited 11 Aug 23:29]

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 23:38 - Aug 11 with 1022 viewsgrumpy

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 23:27 - Aug 11 by PatfromPoole

There are plenty of players out there.

We just need to buy smart.

Or loan smart.
[Post edited 11 Aug 23:29]

I admire your optimism,Pat but isn’t plenty of players out there that fit the task at the price we are prepared to pay.
[Post edited 11 Aug 23:40]
We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 08:43 - Aug 12 with 850 viewsButty101

We will live to regret not signing O’Riley on 21:01 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

You Sure? The loan signings were generally good, but Charles and Stewart was 20mill straight down the toilet. And there the ones that we are now stuck with and eating up wages.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024