Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way 13:40 - Aug 9 with 1023 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62738/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 13:49 - Aug 9 with 997 viewsPatfromPoole

At the Euros, a lot of fans were going mad for souvenir pint glasses which had pictures of all the grounds hosting matches.

It was 10 Euros for a pint in one of them at the ground, but these glasses weren't in high supply, and people were definitely hanging on to them once they got them. I have seen some of them on sale on eBay for £25 each or thereabouts.

Saints could do something like this; they could have decent quality plastic pint glasses with some of the players on; some fans might actually want to collect them and want to get the full set.

Imagine having a Mara glass. Hard currency indeed. Who wouldn't pay a tenner for a pint in a Sekou pint glass?

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:17 - Aug 9 with 958 viewsSalisburySaint

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 13:49 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

At the Euros, a lot of fans were going mad for souvenir pint glasses which had pictures of all the grounds hosting matches.

It was 10 Euros for a pint in one of them at the ground, but these glasses weren't in high supply, and people were definitely hanging on to them once they got them. I have seen some of them on sale on eBay for £25 each or thereabouts.

Saints could do something like this; they could have decent quality plastic pint glasses with some of the players on; some fans might actually want to collect them and want to get the full set.

Imagine having a Mara glass. Hard currency indeed. Who wouldn't pay a tenner for a pint in a Sekou pint glass?

Loads of clubs abroad do this I’ve got plastic glasses from Euro 2016, Bordeaux and Rapid Vienna

Recently got plastic glasses from both Euros and The Olympics

Unfortunately possibly due to COVID, they didn’t do them for Euro 2020
How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:17 - Aug 9 with 956 viewsSaintNick

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 13:49 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

You are right, its the rare collectors items that get the highest price, Alan Shearer signed shirts are ten a penny there are hundreds of them about, in 20 years time the Sekou Mara pint glass on e bay will be enough to retire on

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:26 - Aug 9 with 939 viewsfranniesTache

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:17 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

You are right, its the rare collectors items that get the highest price, Alan Shearer signed shirts are ten a penny there are hundreds of them about, in 20 years time the Sekou Mara pint glass on e bay will be enough to retire on

almost as rare as a Ross Stewart match worn shirt...
How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:33 - Aug 9 with 909 viewssaints__fan__73

I did chuckle at cooking lager.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:38 - Aug 9 with 901 viewsSaintNick

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:33 - Aug 9 by saints__fan__73

I did chuckle at cooking lager.

Thank Wints he coined the phrase

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:44 - Aug 9 with 890 viewssaints__fan__73

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:38 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

Thank Wints he coined the phrase

I was trying to think which songs were in the charts the last time you wrote something critical about the club's owners.

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:48 - Aug 9 with 877 viewsSaintNick

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:44 - Aug 9 by saints__fan__73

I was trying to think which songs were in the charts the last time you wrote something critical about the club's owners.

It was only a few weeks ago I was critical of the way they have displaced 10,000 people and added a lot of issues with access to the ground, in order to facilitate the home end.

So what was in the charts back at the start of July, do they still have charts

Login to get fewer ads

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:55 - Aug 9 with 872 viewssaints__fan__73

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:48 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

It was only a few weeks ago I was critical of the way they have displaced 10,000 people and added a lot of issues with access to the ground, in order to facilitate the home end.

So what was in the charts back at the start of July, do they still have charts

Ok. But before that your last critical article was when it was still called the Hit Parade, yes?

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 20:59 - Aug 9 with 664 viewsSaintNick

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 14:55 - Aug 9 by saints__fan__73

Ok. But before that your last critical article was when it was still called the Hit Parade, yes?

According to you it was on the BBC World service just after they announced Glenn Miller was missing

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 22:00 - Aug 9 with 635 viewsyateleysaint

This is a good shout. I’ve still got a couple of Eintracht Frankfurt ones from about five years ago and three Depeche Mode ones from when they played at the same stadium.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

How To Open A Fanzone And Keep The Beer Queues Short - The Southampton Way on 22:38 - Aug 9 with 604 viewshedgeend61

I brought about 50 glasses home from the 7 games I went to and since given about 40 away, so that's about a grand gone then?

Apparently if you took them back to the bar you got 3 euro back, that's probably why you saw many locals carrying about 25+ around
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024