Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 08:38 - Aug 9 with 2455 viewsBlock8

Decided to have a beer in the ground on Wednesday, bit of a hike in prices for everything in the concourse including a 70p rise in the beer? Are we paying the price for fanzone improvements or promotion?
I think that's a bit heavy a rise in the three months since the season ended.
At this rate I'll be having to watch the games completely sober, a very frightening prospect indeed!
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 08:50 - Aug 9 with 2207 viewsUTS1885

I hope all fans use their regular drinking holes to keep them in business, it will be cheaper, taste better and probably served in a glass.
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 08:52 - Aug 9 with 2200 viewsPatfromPoole

The subject title sounds like a chant.

Disturbingly reminds me of Amarillo.

“Is this the way to fill a fan zone 🎶 🎵 ….”
[Post edited 9 Aug 8:53]

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 08:54 - Aug 9 with 2184 viewsPatfromPoole

The fanzone might be worth a visit for a post-match beer on a sunny day.

If we have won.

Wouldn’t go near it otherwise.
[Post edited 9 Aug 8:54]

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:16 - Aug 9 with 2130 viewsarfurdent

shame, I used to spend my Winter Fuel Allowance in the Fan Zone

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:26 - Aug 9 with 2122 viewsMytchettSaint

Yes, got caught out Wednesday with it being midweek so headed to the ground as time was pressing. Flat pish water in a plastic cup when someone behind mentioned how much the beer had gone up. I don’t like cider and didn’t spot Guinness on offer only to see a few others with it after I’d paid.

On another point, not that I’ll be buying beer at the ground most games now but I thought kingfisher was getting dropped?

Forza Rossobianco

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:29 - Aug 9 with 2118 viewssaintmark1976

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:16 - Aug 9 by arfurdent

shame, I used to spend my Winter Fuel Allowance in the Fan Zone

So your the reason it’s been stopped for most O A Ps ?

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:30 - Aug 9 with 2120 viewsSaintNick

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:26 - Aug 9 by MytchettSaint

Yes, got caught out Wednesday with it being midweek so headed to the ground as time was pressing. Flat pish water in a plastic cup when someone behind mentioned how much the beer had gone up. I don’t like cider and didn’t spot Guinness on offer only to see a few others with it after I’d paid.

On another point, not that I’ll be buying beer at the ground most games now but I thought kingfisher was getting dropped?

Ho much was a pint, I think it was about £6 last season so are we saying it is nearer £7 now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 10:07 - Aug 9 with 2086 viewsdirk_doone

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:30 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

Ho much was a pint, I think it was about £6 last season so are we saying it is nearer £7 now

From 1947 to 1962 there was no change in the average price of draught bitter and it cost 1s 10d (15p) throughout that period, but old timers would still have yearned for the days when beer was 2d a pint. The price rose steadily in the late 1960s, but went crazy in the mid-1970s soaring to 23p in 1976!

Recent price changes: https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2022/06/06/UK-Pub-Prices-How-Much-is
[Post edited 9 Aug 10:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 10:19 - Aug 9 with 2059 viewssaintwizzler

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:30 - Aug 9 by SaintNick

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 19:24 - Aug 9 with 1731 viewsLondonSaint76

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 10:07 - Aug 9 by dirk_doone

From 1947 to 1962 there was no change in the average price of draught bitter and it cost 1s 10d (15p) throughout that period, but old timers would still have yearned for the days when beer was 2d a pint. The price rose steadily in the late 1960s, but went crazy in the mid-1970s soaring to 23p in 1976!

Recent price changes: https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Article/2022/06/06/UK-Pub-Prices-How-Much-is
[Post edited 9 Aug 10:25]

23p in 1976 is the equivalent of £2.10 today according to one of those online converters, if only the beer was anything near that today…
I remember a good friend from school went to Cambridge Uni in 1976, I used to go for weekend visits occasionally and will always remember you could get Greene King IPA or Ruddles for 18p a pint in their subsidised JCR bar. You just used to go and get 11 pints on a large tray for £2 and get 2p change! Stick the tray in the middle of the table and then you’d all drink at your own pace. In his final year it went up to 20p a pint. Those were the days…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 19:38 - Aug 9 with 1717 viewsMytchettSaint

From my reckoning it has gone up from £5:60ish to £6:25, I am prepared to be corrected though if I’m wrong.

Forza Rossobianco

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 20:25 - Aug 9 with 1685 viewsBlock8

damn you man, I can't get that out of my head now 😱😩😂🤣
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 21:10 - Aug 9 with 1598 viewshedgeend61

Think it was 5.90£ last season for Kingfisher, can't quite read price on board Saintwizzer put up but if same price as Thatchers it's 6.20£, so 30p a pint increase.

Sausage rolls were 5.50£ last season, very nice they were but you'd travel a fair way to find a dearer one Can't see how that price could rise too much this season.

Yes, I was daft enough to buy both at every game last season.
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 22:03 - Aug 9 with 1537 viewsyateleysaint

Sagres 0% it is then!

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 22:26 - Aug 9 with 1525 viewsWestEndBoy

I thought mr parsons said at the supporter meeting he was working to get lager prices dropped by a quid or 2…..
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 07:34 - Aug 10 with 1370 viewssaintwizzler

If I wanted a quick pint before or after the game I’d probably have one at those prices because an extra £2 on a pint dearer than a pub in town once a fortnight isn’t going to break me.
It’s not like it’s £2 extra on a gallon of fuel that I HAVE to buy regularly is it?

The problem I have with it is the quality. The draught lager is god awful.
I wouldn’t drink it if it was £1.20!!

Serving up a decent lager isn’t difficult.
What about the bitters, that do need some prep, what they taste like god knows!?

They should have can bars. Guaranteed the quality. Recyclable waste and say at £3 a can still make a hefty profit whilst the customer pays half the price of undrinkable Kingfisher draught.

But could you trust them to keep them cold?
That, I doubt very much.

So, it’s a no from me.
A crisp ice cold Heineken from Bedfords or 5 Rivers it is.
I go there because the drink is good.

To end -
If I was worried about an extra couple of quid on a pint once a fortnight I’d get some cans and sit on a bench in the park or worse, go to a Wetherspoons.

WE MARCH ON

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 07:52 - Aug 10 with 1340 viewssledger

madness by the club,if i am paying premium prices for beer then it has to be something i enjoy drinking,i rarely drink at st marys for this reason
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 15:30 - Aug 10 with 1168 viewsSaintNick

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 07:34 - Aug 10 by saintwizzler

If I wanted a quick pint before or after the game I’d probably have one at those prices because an extra £2 on a pint dearer than a pub in town once a fortnight isn’t going to break me.
It’s not like it’s £2 extra on a gallon of fuel that I HAVE to buy regularly is it?

What about the bitters, that do need some prep, what they taste like god knows!?

They should have can bars. Guaranteed the quality. Recyclable waste and say at £3 a can still make a hefty profit whilst the customer pays half the price of undrinkable Kingfisher draught.

That, I doubt very much.

So, it’s a no from me.

To end -
If I was worried about an extra couple of quid on a pint once a fortnight I’d get some cans and sit on a bench in the park or worse, go to a Wetherspoons.

WE MARCH ON

I agree with you the odd couple of quid a pint extra isnt a problem if you are just doing it on a few occasions, but if you are going to the game and having 3 before a game and a couple afterwards, that is adding £10 ish a game or £200 a season to your outlay and as you say the beer is absolute pish.

I can afford it, but its the principle, if you went to a pub in town and they charged you £6.20 for 4% lager you would go elswhere.

As you say charge £3.50 for a can and you make a good profit and sell more because the turn around is quick, so people will squeeze in an extra pint

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 22:00 - Aug 10 with 1053 viewsBlock8

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 07:34 - Aug 10 by saintwizzler

That, I doubt very much.

So, it’s a no from me.

To end -

WE MARCH ON

An extra couple of quid isn't the issue, being ripped off for a crap pint is!
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 09:37 - Aug 11 with 866 viewssaintwizzler

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 22:00 - Aug 10 by Block8

An extra couple of quid isn't the issue, being ripped off for a crap pint is!

Exactly hon!

I’d rather go without than pay for something undrinkable.
That is the choice.
You don’t have to buy it.

It would be nice to have a pint after the game to let the crowd disperse especially after the god awful decision to move the away fans meaning that there’s going to be fun and games by the Kingsland Stand up to the inadequate footbridge, but that’s another story…

I suppose we could stay after and enjoy a fizzy pop.
Surely they can’t make that taste bad!!??

WE MARCH ON

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 18:39 - Aug 11 with 715 viewsWaylander

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 10:19 - Aug 9 by saintwizzler

Cheaper than Wembley
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 18:56 - Aug 11 with 699 viewsBLEEDRED

Sapporo Lager £7.30 a pint !!!!!
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 19:07 - Aug 11 with 694 viewsUTS1885

Obviously trying to fleece fans, stay away and keep youre usuual gaff open.
Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 19:10 - Aug 11 with 694 viewsLondonSaint76

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 18:39 - Aug 11 by Waylander

Cheaper than Wembley

The London Hilton on Park Lane is probably cheaper than Wembley…
[Post edited 11 Aug 19:11]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Beer prices hiked for new season - is this the way to fill a fanzone 🙁 on 20:46 - Aug 11 with 633 viewsBerber

having spent seasons driving down to maximise my ST usage, I can assure you that watching games with no ale in the system can be depressing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024