Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to the days of sell before we buy 19:37 - Aug 8 with 1524 viewsPatfromPoole

I fear this may not be destined to end well…..

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:17 - Aug 8 with 1446 viewsIanSouthstander

The problem with this is that clubs aren't at SMS beating our doors down with offers for our players.
We've rejected miserly bids for Tall Paul and ABK which have fallen well short of our valuation and unless we're willing to compromise we're going to be stuck with them.
It's all gone very quiet on the KWP front. I think the club were expecting him to be out of the door by now.
Our other saleable asset is Charlie Alcaraz, but he seems to now have a future here as he's been involved in most of the pre season games.
I don't know where else we're going to recoup any meaningful transfer fees.
It's a worry.
Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:32 - Aug 8 with 1422 viewsPatfromPoole

It is situations like this which make me fear that the Oxlade-Chamberlain story may not be the absolute nonsense I was 99% certain it would be.

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:41 - Aug 8 with 1406 viewsSaintNick

Its just another take on something Adam Blackmore said a few days ago and was reported on here.

Quotes you dont see (Unless you are Manchester City) are

" I have shed loads of money in my transfer kitty and I will spent it all on paying over the odds for players"

Of course we need to shift a few players, but as Blackmore said, it will give us more power and strength in the window.

Lets not berate those in charge now for the misdemeanours of others a couple of years ago

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62725/southampton-lookin

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:47 - Aug 8 with 1395 viewsPatfromPoole

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:41 - Aug 8 by SaintNick

Its just another take on something Adam Blackmore said a few days ago and was reported on here.

Quotes you dont see (Unless you are Manchester City) are

" I have shed loads of money in my transfer kitty and I will spent it all on paying over the odds for players"

Of course we need to shift a few players, but as Blackmore said, it will give us more power and strength in the window.

Lets not berate those in charge now for the misdemeanours of others a couple of years ago

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62725/southampton-lookin

This post has been edited by an administrator

That’s all well and good.

But we risk having the likes of Bella-Kotchap and even Walker-Peters and Alcaraz (?) biding their time and waiting until the end of the window before opting to move to a particular club.

Which leaves us scurrying around at the end of the window trying to pick up the last available scraps.

Don’t forget we can only loan 2 players at any one point in time, so our hand is restricted to start with.

Getting a rather large dose of deja vu here.

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:52 - Aug 8 with 1388 viewsSaintNick

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:47 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

But we risk having the likes of Bella-Kotchap and even Walker-Peters and Alcaraz (?) biding their time and waiting until the end of the window before opting to move to a particular club.

Which leaves us scurrying around at the end of the window trying to pick up the last available scraps.

Don’t forget we can only loan 2 players at any one point in time, so our hand is restricted to start with.

Lets just wait and see, last season we did some good business at the end of the transfer window

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 21:02 - Aug 8 with 1343 viewsPatfromPoole

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:52 - Aug 8 by SaintNick

Lets just wait and see, last season we did some good business at the end of the transfer window

Ross Stewart???!!??

The only good business was loans, and we were allowed 5 of them in the Championship.

You can only do 2 in the Prem…..

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 21:30 - Aug 8 with 1303 viewssaintmark1976

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:32 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

It is situations like this which make me fear that the Oxlade-Chamberlain story may not be the absolute nonsense I was 99% certain it would be.

Pat, with our squad as presently assembled we are going to get hammered from pillar to post in The Premiership.

At the moment, having lost the services of Adams, Armstrong and Fraser I won’t put a penny on us making a decent fist of it in The Championship, let alone what supposedly is the best league in the world.

I can only assume that the lack of movement by K W P has completely messed up the club's close season plans, always assuming they had some in the first place.

The possible return of Oxlade- Chamberlain hints at being a complete panic buy. It’s like something I used to read in Roy of the Rovers when I was about ten years old.

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 06:42 - Aug 9 with 1116 viewsPatfromPoole

The current situation from Echo guy.

In a nutshell, we may have to sell Alcaraz, as the players listed by Alfie House are being slow to be sold to generate cash.

[Post edited 9 Aug 6:48]

Login to get fewer ads

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 06:48 - Aug 9 with 1104 viewssaintwizzler

It’s going to be a hard season for sure.
How long will the feel good factor last?

Need a good performance v Forest as I fear the trip to Wife Beater Land the Saturday before could be humbling.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 07:05 - Aug 9 with 1078 viewsGRIM

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 20:47 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

What happened to the 125M we made through the Championship Play Off Final & promotion.
If we don't intend to invest on quality players, then I'm convinced that the owners don't want us in the Premiership.
Unless we have some rabbits up our sleeves & get a couple in before season starts then we're in big trouble.
As I said in a previous post we will be scrambling around panic buying overpriced / overated players in the January transfer window.
Back to the days of sell before we buy on 04:51 - Aug 10 with 867 views1teeminants

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 07:05 - Aug 9 by GRIM

What happened to the 125M we made through the Championship Play Off Final & promotion.
If we don't intend to invest on quality players, then I'm convinced that the owners don't want us in the Premiership.
Unless we have some rabbits up our sleeves & get a couple in before season starts then we're in big trouble.
As I said in a previous post we will be scrambling around panic buying overpriced / overated players in the January transfer window.

https://www.southamptonfc.news/news/southampton-given-damning-financial-update-a

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 09:43 - Aug 10 with 657 viewsTripleNiemi

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 04:51 - Aug 10 by 1teeminants

https://www.southamptonfc.news/news/southampton-given-damning-financial-update-a

Doesn’t take much these days to turn a well oiled, well run machine into a financial mess. A couple of duff signings here and there, the recruitment of the best ‘Pound for Pound Manager in Europe’ and alas, here we are. And to think ‘The Don’ was villified for spending a few quid extra on some bogs manufactured from gold.
[Post edited 10 Aug 9:49]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 12:10 - Aug 10 with 524 views1teeminants

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 09:43 - Aug 10 by TripleNiemi

Doesn’t take much these days to turn a well oiled, well run machine into a financial mess. A couple of duff signings here and there, the recruitment of the best ‘Pound for Pound Manager in Europe’ and alas, here we are. And to think ‘The Don’ was villified for spending a few quid extra on some bogs manufactured from gold.
[Post edited 10 Aug 9:49]

Yes it is a mess and we still have numpties on social media saying we need O Riley, Carvalho a keeper minimum and we need it now. Yes we do but we’ll have to sell 2 or 3 first otherwise it’s not happening

As soon as they put a price on KWP’s head it was obvious he was going to be sold. Tall Paul and Bella Kotchap need to go quickly too to give us a chance.
[Post edited 10 Aug 12:13]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Back to the days of sell before we buy on 12:12 - Aug 10 with 512 viewsUTS1885

This approach was clearly going to happen at some stage due to our financial position and the overspending regulations. We are still totally screwed from last Januarys spend when we overpaid for players with some not good enough and now struggling toi get half back what we paid. The situation with KWP has already been pointed out that he wants to see out his contract, this isnt good for us. I can imagine we will probably get two loan PL signings
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024