Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall Thread Live 13:10 - Aug 3 with 3545 viewsFlamingbankers

Pretty much a full team to start. Stephens and Taylor playing. Stephens between the defence and midfield. AA centre forward. Edozie and Aribo wide.
Millwall Thread Live on 14:53 - Aug 3 with 1151 viewsFlamingbankers

1-0 to Saints. Looked OK, Dibling and SA excellent again. Not much of a test - which is actually a good sign considering that looked like a Millwall first team preparing for the start next week.
Millwall Thread Live on 15:10 - Aug 3 with 1059 viewsPatfromPoole

We won’t get away with having both Aribo and Smallbone in midfield in a Prem game.

Too one-paced, i.e. slow.

Need a Stu Armstrong replacement in midfield, whether it be O’Riley or whoever.

Dibling looks so good in friendlies, but wonder if he would get a look-in in a proper match environment.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Millwall Thread Live on 15:17 - Aug 3 with 1041 viewsdirk_doone

Millwall Thread Live on 15:10 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

We won’t get away with having both Aribo and Smallbone in midfield in a Prem game.

Too one-paced, i.e. slow.

Need a Stu Armstrong replacement in midfield, whether it be O’Riley or whoever.

Dibling looks so good in friendlies, but wonder if he would get a look-in in a proper match environment.

The only way we're going to make a good start in the Premier League is with Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw and, of course, a new goalkeeper.

Those youngsters are our best hope and they're already better than our other attacking midfielders.
[Post edited 3 Aug 15:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Millwall Thread Live on 15:39 - Aug 3 with 989 viewsGRIM

Millwall Thread Live on 15:17 - Aug 3 by dirk_doone

The only way we're going to make a good start in the Premier League is with Dibling and Amo-Ameyaw and, of course, a new goalkeeper.

Those youngsters are our best hope and they're already better than our other attacking midfielders.
[Post edited 3 Aug 15:19]

If we've got to rely on Dibbles & Amo to keep us up as good as they may be we've got no hope.
We actually look weaker this season than we were last season having lost Fraser + Brookes + Che Adams & probably KWP.
Millwall Thread Live on 16:01 - Aug 3 with 939 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Well that was boring.
Starting back four was reasonable and Downes looked OK too.
No good having Manning or Stephens in midfield and I think Smallbone and Aribo are really only squad players rather than starters.
Arma can be used as a wide player but not a central striker.
So we need a 'keeper, two midfields and a central striker
Amo-Ameyaw is ahead of Adozie and Dibling preferred to Alcarez as options off the bench.
Two poor performances against lower ranked Championship teams with only one gifted goal to show for it and if the Millwall game had not been a friendly we would have ended up playing with 10 men as Wood should have been sent off in the second half.
Saints are no better than the team that came 20th two seasons ago whereas most teams in the Prem are quite a bit better.
Meantime Three questions:
1. I wonder what the stats show for forward passes versus backward passes?
2. What is the situation with Lumley? He must be royally pissed of in not even getting 10 mins in pre season friendlies?
3. When is there going to be an update on Ross Stewart? It increasingly looks as though he wont ever feature in the starting line up.
Millwall Thread Live on 16:27 - Aug 3 with 903 viewsGRIM

Millwall Thread Live on 16:01 - Aug 3 by SouthSeaSaint

Well that was boring.
Starting back four was reasonable and Downes looked OK too.
No good having Manning or Stephens in midfield and I think Smallbone and Aribo are really only squad players rather than starters.
Arma can be used as a wide player but not a central striker.
So we need a 'keeper, two midfields and a central striker
Amo-Ameyaw is ahead of Adozie and Dibling preferred to Alcarez as options off the bench.
Two poor performances against lower ranked Championship teams with only one gifted goal to show for it and if the Millwall game had not been a friendly we would have ended up playing with 10 men as Wood should have been sent off in the second half.
Saints are no better than the team that came 20th two seasons ago whereas most teams in the Prem are quite a bit better.
Meantime Three questions:
1. I wonder what the stats show for forward passes versus backward passes?
2. What is the situation with Lumley? He must be royally pissed of in not even getting 10 mins in pre season friendlies?
3. When is there going to be an update on Ross Stewart? It increasingly looks as though he wont ever feature in the starting line up.

More chance of seeing Rod Stewart at St Mary's than seeing Ross Stewart.
And we haven't seen Lallana yet, why did we bring him back.
Millwall Thread Live on 16:35 - Aug 3 with 888 viewsIfonly

Millwall Thread Live on 15:39 - Aug 3 by GRIM

If we've got to rely on Dibbles & Amo to keep us up as good as they may be we've got no hope.
We actually look weaker this season than we were last season having lost Fraser + Brookes + Che Adams & probably KWP.

... and Stuey
Millwall Thread Live on 16:43 - Aug 3 with 874 viewsPatfromPoole

Millwall Thread Live on 16:35 - Aug 3 by Ifonly

... and Stuey

You could even throw Rothwell in the mix as well.

At least he gave us a bit more depth in midfield, an area where we are now lacking it.

I dare not imagine what might happen if Downes was injured or suspended…..

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall Thread Live on 16:47 - Aug 3 with 863 viewsIfonly

Millwall Thread Live on 16:43 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

At least he gave us a bit more depth in midfield, an area where we are now lacking it.

Don't worry. We have Ryan Manning waiting to take over.
Millwall Thread Live on 16:59 - Aug 3 with 832 viewsGRIM

I'd forgotten Stuey had gone.
Millwall Thread Live on 18:57 - Aug 3 with 718 viewsIanSouthstander

Millwall Thread Live on 16:27 - Aug 3 by GRIM

More chance of seeing Rod Stewart at St Mary's than seeing Ross Stewart.
And we haven't seen Lallana yet, why did we bring him back.

I've seen more of Rod Stewart at SMS than i have of Ross Stewart. Fact.
Millwall Thread Live on 20:48 - Aug 3 with 601 viewssaintmark1976

Don’t make a worry of it Pat, the club have sent me an email today detailing ways in which we can spend even more money on match days.

Far greater opportunities will now be available to buy tepid sausage rolls and warm beer.

And they are going to open a champagne bar don’t you know. Quite what we are supposed to celebrate with a team weaker now than at the start of last season is totally beyond me and I suspect a good few others also.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024