Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You Are FIFA 19:18 - Sep 4 with 6959 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You can introduce one Law.

I mentioned Sinclair Armstrong's ridiculously long goal celebrations just now on the Player and Goal of the Month fred.

So, I'll start with that.

Law 18 - In the event of a goal being scored, and in the event of any ensuing goal celebration, the Match Referee shall have total discretion as to which goalscorer is taking the piss and/or is acting the maggot and/or is acting like some gom off a computer game and (s)he shall have the discretion and the power to disallow the goal and/or show a yellow card and/or (if the player is Sinclair Armstrong, Tallaghfornia, South Dublin and it's a night game and there are kids that need to get home to bed before it's time to get up) show a red card and/or slap the goal celebrant(s) with a large haddock.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You Are FIFA on 16:23 - Sep 5 with 1387 viewsThaiHoop

You Are FIFA on 13:32 - Sep 5 by Spen

Any free kick, the player taking doesn’t have to pass to a teammate in order to restart play, they can dribble ball or take several touches if they wish. That will quicken the restart and play in general. I think they introduced this in hockey a few years back???

I've heard Gary Lineker advocate this before, I think it's a good idea.

There's too much leeway given to the defending team on free kicks (having to wait for whistle etc) it's supposed to be giving an advantage to the "wronged" team so as long as ball is in the right place why wait?

And letting a player pass to themselves would make that even better.
You Are FIFA on 17:23 - Sep 5 with 1292 viewsBluce_Ree

If I was FIFA, I'd take all of those teams that wanted to be in the bullshit Super League and send them into it with no option to go back to their home leagues.

F**k all y'all.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

You Are FIFA on 21:26 - Sep 5 with 1155 viewsDorse

You Are FIFA on 17:23 - Sep 5 by Bluce_Ree

If I was FIFA, I'd take all of those teams that wanted to be in the bullshit Super League and send them into it with no option to go back to their home leagues.

F**k all y'all.

Come on, somebody make this happen! Jesus, Buddha, Almighty Atheismo - anyone!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

You Are FIFA on 14:01 - Sep 6 with 1041 viewsfrancisbowles

You Are FIFA on 16:23 - Sep 5 by ThaiHoop

There's too much leeway given to the defending team on free kicks (having to wait for whistle etc) it's supposed to be giving an advantage to the "wronged" team so as long as ball is in the right place why wait?

I can see all sorts of arguments about whether he has taken it or whether he was just placing the ball.
You Are FIFA on 15:13 - Sep 6 with 965 viewskensalriser

You Are FIFA on 16:23 - Sep 5 by ThaiHoop

Possibly the biggest flaw in the game, when the benefit of committing a deliberate foul outweighs the cost.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

You Are FIFA on 18:55 - Sep 6 with 872 viewssaxbend

There are loads of laws I would like to introduce. Some for match rules, and some for how clubs and competitions should be run.

But if I'm just picking one, I would replace bookings for anything that wasn't a foul (timewasting, dissent, lifting your shirt while all the cameras are on you so the sponsor isn't clearly visible, etc.) with a free kick. If a free kick has been given to your team at the time, it gets reversed. If one has already been given to the opposition, the referee allows them to move the ball up to ten yards in any direction, and then 30 seconds gets added to the stoppage time count.

The reason for this is that sendings off can ruin games, which makes referees reluctant to give out too many yellow cards, and you end up with terrible inconstistency. Sometimes in the same game one player will get sent off for two silly things, while another will commit a horrible foul, and then be allowed to waste time because the referee doesn't want to send off another player. Free kicks on the other hand get given all the time without affecting what happens five minutes later very much, and yet are also highly effective deterrents.

As I say there are loads, some just as important to me as this one, but since I have to pick one, this is it.
You Are FIFA on 19:41 - Sep 6 with 802 viewsCiderwithRsie

You Are FIFA on 19:32 - Sep 4 by kensalriser

Lengthy goal celebrations could easily be solved by obliging all players to be back in their own half for the restart within a given number of seconds on pain of a yellow card.

No, I want the big haddock deployed.
You Are FIFA on 13:56 - Sep 8 with 594 viewsPaddyhoops

Stop letting players like Rice and Grealish play underage football for another country and then showing up in the colours of another country a couple of years down the line . That goes in reverse as well . For all countries.
The idea that Rice was not celebrating his goal for fear of upsetting his former team is frankly ludicrous and laughable.
Login to get fewer ads

You Are FIFA on 14:07 - Sep 8 with 592 viewsSK_hoops

If your goalkeeper scores it counts as two goals.

Imagine the scenes when Dieng scored that goal.
You Are FIFA on 17:42 - Sep 8 with 519 viewsqprxtc

The one f ucking law is introduce is:

Stop f ucking around with the laws of the game and f uck off.

Amen.
You Are FIFA on 18:37 - Sep 8 with 446 viewsnumptydumpty

Give this team in the second tier of English football based near shepherd's bush green, a two goal start in every game.

Their supporters have suffered enough !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

You Are FIFA on 18:41 - Sep 8 with 442 viewsnumptydumpty

Have not read this thread so not sure it's been mentioned.

Start the stop watch if any stoppage goes over twenty seconds by off field official a d the referee on the pitch, will get a mini electric shock when the time is exactly that they have to blow the whistle and not if either team has a corner and you wonder as dlref whether there could be a dramatic winner.

You have to blow the whistle immediately when the buzz is received...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

You Are FIFA on 18:59 - Sep 8 with 425 viewsmoson

Reduce both halves to 35 mins - and stop the clock when the ball goes out of play/dead. I’m completely fed up of the chronic time wasting by players, managers and even refs. It would soon stop if they had to play a real 70 mins - I’m sure we get a lot less than that now, while we’re being fleeced by football-inflation prices
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024