Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread 14:00 - Feb 9 with 6377 viewsSaintNick

The place for all the discussion with the game only 5hrs 45 mins away now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 21:56 - Feb 9 with 1389 viewsbendybob

Kept up with it whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria. Almost swallowed my castanets! Brilliant result. We march on😁😁👍👍
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Feb 9 with 1378 viewsUlsterBaz

Fully deserved that tonight. Brilliant all round performance.
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Feb 9 with 1344 viewsbarry_sanchez

Made up, that was an absolute brilliant game of football, we were so so good, christ it looked like a different team, that was brilliant!

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:00 - Feb 9 with 1334 viewsWinchesterExile

What a game. I’m f*ucking exhausted. However, given half a chance I would still summon the energy to happily punch Conte in his stupid face. What a coont.
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Feb 9 with 1289 viewsRon11

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:00 - Feb 9 by WinchesterExile

What a game. I’m f*ucking exhausted. However, given half a chance I would still summon the energy to happily punch Conte in his stupid face. What a coont.

Yes, he's a greasy obnoxious little tw*t.
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Feb 9 with 1286 viewsBicester_North

He’s up there with Klopp as a punchable manager

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Feb 9 with 1277 viewsgreen

Great game and team performance.

Was delightful to hear the disappointment in the voice of Hoddle and the main commentator for our goals and the disallowed one at the end.
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Feb 9 with 1265 viewsA1079

What a brilliant result and there was no luck in it. Our football at times tonight was sublime especially in the 1st half. I thought the failure to take our chances would cost us and when they went undeservedly 2-1 up that looked likely but there was a desire, spirit and determination tonight not to lay down when we went behind and that is refreshing to some recent seasons.

I still will keep my feet on the ground but if we keep the core of this team and add a bit more quality in depth in the summer then who knows what might be around the corner.
Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Feb 9 with 1239 viewsdirk_doone

That was a really dominant performance. It was wonderful to watch. In the first half Spurs were totally overrun and just clinging on. Even though Spurs got more into it in the second half, the match stats show just how one-sided the game was:.

Shots at goal

Saints 23 Spurs 8

Shots on target

Saints 10 Spurs 3

Corners

Saints 8 Spurs 2
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 0:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:13 - Feb 9 with 1205 viewskingslandstand1

The fact that we came from behind again is showing the improvement that is now going through the squad as well
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Feb 9 with 1188 viewsCity_boy

Hojberg was totally anonymous tonight. His days are numbered at Spurs.
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Feb 9 with 1177 viewsdirk_doone

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:13 - Feb 9 by kingslandstand1

The fact that we came from behind again is showing the improvement that is now going through the squad as well

With our best eleven out there, we are a match for anyone. We've been unbeaten home and away against Man City and Spurs this season. That's why, if we don't get inhjuries to key players, we have a good chance of winning the FA Cup this year.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:19]

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Feb 9 with 1152 viewsSaintsforeverj

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Feb 9 by dirk_doone

With our best eleven out there, we are a match for anyone. We've been unbeaten home and away against Man City and Spurs this season. That's why, if we don't get inhjuries to key players, we have a good chance of winning the FA Cup this year.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:19]

Watching Ralph celebrate and lift the FA cup, would be one of the greatest Saints moments ever.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Feb 9 with 1074 viewsButty101

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Feb 9 by City_boy

Hojberg was totally anonymous tonight. His days are numbered at Spurs.

Ings days are looking numbered, didnt even get off the bench tonight.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Feb 9 with 1044 viewsdirk_doone

First on MOTD for a change. "One of the games of the season. " "Southampton were better in all departments."

I think everybody in the football world is beginning to realize what a great player Ward-Prowse is. Top six clubs, including Spurs, are going to be queueing up to buy him in the summer. Let's hope that, if he does go, we see him holding the FA Cup aloft at Wembley before he does.

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:59 - Feb 9 with 1042 viewssaint22

Not to mention that Cootes ref missing that foul and the linesman
Useless once again

Great win tho coming back finally from losing position
If we can sign broja that would be great
COYS
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 23:00 - Feb 9 with 1033 viewsRon11

As a big Saints fan, no doubt he'll be pleased with tonight's result...
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 23:01 - Feb 9 with 1025 viewsButty101

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Feb 9 by dirk_doone

First on MOTD for a change. "One of the games of the season. " "Southampton were better in all departments."

I think everybody in the football world is beginning to realize what a great player Ward-Prowse is. Top six clubs, including Spurs, are going to be queueing up to buy him in the summer. Let's hope that, if he does go, we see him holding the FA Cup aloft at Wembley before he does.

If we finish strongly its going to be a challenge for the new owners to keep KWP, Livermento, JWP and Salisu.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 23:32 - Feb 9 with 958 viewsdarthvader

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 23:01 - Feb 9 by Butty101

If we finish strongly its going to be a challenge for the new owners to keep KWP, Livermento, JWP and Salisu.

We are better all round since they owners come in (and since Crystal palace away ) . Surely we can tell any teams that come sniffing , to go fück themselves and convince the players that SFC is the place to be .

keep the faith coyr

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 23:47 - Feb 9 with 928 viewsSadoldgit

Not sure why? Surely the better we are the more they will want to stay. We don’t have to sell any players now and whilst they are under contract why would we?
Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 23:57 - Feb 9 with 922 viewsChesham_Saint

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Feb 9 by ElijahK

There’s a real shite atmosphere here tonight! I mean the spurs fans have sung like 2 songs all half, and that’s it, but our away support is no better! There’s like two areas that are actually singing with everyone else being as quiet as a library and that’s utter shite! Gotta be by far the worst away support we’ve had all season!
Still, what an amazing display off of the lads since spurs got the opener, should be like 3-1 up! Still COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

Welll I was sat with the Spurs fans (tunnel side) and our fans sang pretty much throughout and were bloody load at times.Tottenham also made a lot of noise when they got going. To say the atmosphere was shite is just wrong.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 00:06 - Feb 10 with 901 viewsdirk_doone

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 23:57 - Feb 9 by Chesham_Saint

Welll I was sat with the Spurs fans (tunnel side) and our fans sang pretty much throughout and were bloody load at times.Tottenham also made a lot of noise when they got going. To say the atmosphere was shite is just wrong.

It was a great atmosphere. But, as often happens, TV viewers wouldn't always realize that because when a crowd is as loud as tonight's was, they have to reduce the volume for the TV broadcast so that the commentator can be heard.

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 00:12 - Feb 10 with 892 viewsdirk_doone

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 21:13 - Feb 9 by grumpy

Did you see the foul just before the goal? Ralph was going mental on the touchline.

Terrible foul, wasn't it? He absolutely wiped him out. He could have broken Broja's neck. It should have been a yellow card but instead the ref gifted Spurs a goal. Then, when Spurs players threw themselves on the ground at the slightest touch, he gave them free-kicks.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 0:15]

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 07:17 - Feb 10 with 749 viewssaint68

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 00:12 - Feb 10 by dirk_doone

Terrible foul, wasn't it? He absolutely wiped him out. He could have broken Broja's neck. It should have been a yellow card but instead the ref gifted Spurs a goal. Then, when Spurs players threw themselves on the ground at the slightest touch, he gave them free-kicks.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 0:15]

It was sickening, well worthy of a retrospective Red card..if it was available...he's smiling about it too.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Tottenham Game Matchday Thread on 08:14 - Feb 10 with 690 views1teeminants

We really need to keep those players if we’re going to get anywhere. Hopefully our new owners can do something about that and maybe we can win something before Ralph retires

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024