Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not about the Prem..... 15:58 - Apr 2 with 2012 viewsGeorge_Milton

In all honestly the biggest thing the board can do is get this training ground complex pushed though. Yer I want to stay in the prem but for the long term future of this club we need to start from the bottom and attract the best young players. Look at Palace, they just churn them out!
So all the doom and gloom about the prem would soon be lifted when the first fork pitched, we need to think long term
It's not about the Prem..... on 16:32 - Apr 2 with 1947 viewscoolranger

I was there last night at Craven Cottage and came home thinking the Premier League is all but over for Rangers, for now.

Of all the PL clubs we are probably the least prepared in terms of off field resources. We can learn much from our two years of heartache and disappointments. I hope we do. If so, then it will have been a useful period.

I would look to Swansea City as a good model - pick a style of how we want to play and stick to it, hire managers and players that will fit our system and methods, build a good training facility and academy, produce young players with value, become a club youngsters want to come to, move new stadium plans along.

We have as much or more potential than Fulham, our neighbours. Let's start building towards a new dream of becoming an established and respected PL club again, attracting new fans drawn to our entertaining style and hopefully new ground one day.

Keep the dream alive!
It's not about the Prem..... on 16:39 - Apr 2 with 1927 viewsadhoc_qpr

Tony Fernandes talks big, so with relegation imminent now is the chance to see if he actually means it.

We need to rebuild the club from the training complex to scouting to player recruitment to youth development.

We need a short, medium and long term plans.

Our approach this summer will tell us everything - if it's more scatter gun recruitment of the biggest names we can draw in from the prem and abroad, then we'll know that long term planning is not in TF's vocab and he doesn't learn lessons.
It's not about the Prem..... on 16:44 - Apr 2 with 1913 viewspaulparker

totally agree George we need to start from the bottom and that's our youth team, we also need to do what man utd do and have ex players looking after the youth & reserve teams as well as have an ambassador type Director of football role , we need to start being QPR and set out a style of play so all the teams from youth to the 1st team play the same way , we have people like El tel, Gerry, waddock, ainsworth, sir les, who should all be a part of the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

It's not about the Prem..... on 16:48 - Apr 2 with 1891 viewsBluce_Ree

It's all a very nice notion, this idea of producing loads of talented kids, but in reality it won't get us very far will it?

Palace are doing that very nicely but they are still not getting promoted (at least on current form) and next year they won't have Zaha or the previous crop of players (Moses et al).

Kids won't get us promoted ever. And if by some miracle we produce a good one he'll just get plucked away like Perrett/Sterling anyway.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

It's not about the Prem..... on 16:52 - Apr 2 with 1875 viewscoolranger

It's not about the Prem..... on 16:44 - Apr 2 by paulparker

totally agree George we need to start from the bottom and that's our youth team, we also need to do what man utd do and have ex players looking after the youth & reserve teams as well as have an ambassador type Director of football role , we need to start being QPR and set out a style of play so all the teams from youth to the 1st team play the same way , we have people like El tel, Gerry, waddock, ainsworth, sir les, who should all be a part of the club

Some nice ideas in here. Swansea 'went Spanish' some years ago when Martinez was there - I suspect they looked at how many Spanish teams operate, and Barcelona is a case in point. They build an identity, their own style and adopt it across the club. Swansea did this. Today they are profitable, League Cup winners and well on the way to becoming an established PL club with many neutral admirers.

Michael Laudrup, although Danish, played for many years in Spain. He has contacts down there. He was a striker, and so he has a particularly good insight into that art, which is where Swansea were lacking last season.

You can see that behind the scenes some sound thinking has been in play. We could do far worse than take a leaf out of their book.

It's not about the Prem..... on 16:54 - Apr 2 with 1867 viewscoolranger

It's not about the Prem..... on 16:48 - Apr 2 by Bluce_Ree

It's all a very nice notion, this idea of producing loads of talented kids, but in reality it won't get us very far will it?

Palace are doing that very nicely but they are still not getting promoted (at least on current form) and next year they won't have Zaha or the previous crop of players (Moses et al).

Kids won't get us promoted ever. And if by some miracle we produce a good one he'll just get plucked away like Perrett/Sterling anyway.

Producing good young players is simply ONE of several elements we should be working on as a club.

They are part of the answer, but not THE answer.
It's not about the Prem..... on 16:58 - Apr 2 with 1853 viewscoolranger

It's not about the Prem..... on 16:44 - Apr 2 by paulparker

i think about the 'Rangers style'...what it ideally would be, and why so many of us fell in love with the Superhoops in the first place.

For me it was the distinctive kit and name, plus, most importantly that wonderful 'total football' style we played in the 1970s.

Personally I think Swansea City play something close to how I'd like Rangers to play, albeit with perhaps more fluidity and attacking intent.
It's not about the Prem..... on 17:01 - Apr 2 with 1840 viewsspencer

Coolranger...firstly..well done you lot, heard you big time on box.
Following up on your comments..off field on field...who has been doing ths advising.

Before we got anyof the money men on board, I remember us (well some fans) all saying " All Chelsea have done is bought their success...glad we haven't done that".

Well we haven't bought success, but we have tried and failed miserably.

I remember when Warnock got us promoted, with a team specifically made up to get us promoted.The likes of Derry,Hill and Mackie the main players who in my opinion were Championship players.So we get promoted, got abit of money and basically spunked the money up the wall on players in my opinion were only after a pay packet.I sat and watched the game last night and watched an aged Fulham team tear us apart and with 3 shots went into a 3 goal lead.For all our huff and puff and 17 shots, we still didn't manage to break them down to get the equaliser.

Im not for one moment blaming Clint Hill for his mistakes or short comings this season...He has played to the best of his ability and in some games played better than most....but you have to ask yourself...where di it all go wrong...?

All that money and ...we still look a relegation team.We have had the heart and soul of the promotion winning side ripped to shreds to be replaced with a bunch of mercenaries who couldn't give a toss about the club.

I fear for next season if(when) we get relegated.Someone needs to grab the club by the scruff of its neck and just start again on the playing field....

Spent 12 million on a centre back, who if we get relegated will not keep that valuation whatsoever.

Where is Diakite? What happens to Barton? SWP etc etc.
I know fans want an instant return to the premiership but it has to be with the correct foundations and not the ones we have at the moment.Stop trying to buy our place and earn it with decent players and decent team spirit.

Like most on here, i shall be there again next season cheering us on, but i really hope that someone says enough is enough and starts to have some sort of plan on the football pitch as well is off the pitch.

We havd money and bought Boswinga...Southampton got Clyne...Michu has to be the bargain of the season and we get SWP/Jenas/Barton/.....We have two keepers who are both meant to be internationals and yet neither can command their area's...Swansea get Vorm,Norwich got Ruddy...And we have wasted 12 million on a centre half.No disrespect to Samba who is not a bad player...but noth worth spunking 12 million on.

And one of the the players on show last night? A94 year old greek midfielder....how sad did we look.
Anyway - looking forward to Wigan trip on Sunday...
Login to get fewer ads

It's not about the Prem..... on 17:02 - Apr 2 with 1837 viewsCharlie1

"training ground complex pushed though"

If this happens, then we know TF's tweets have been the real deal.

2:59 baby!

It's not about the Prem..... on 17:07 - Apr 2 with 1815 viewspaulparker

It's not about the Prem..... on 16:54 - Apr 2 by coolranger

Producing good young players is simply ONE of several elements we should be working on as a club.

They are part of the answer, but not THE answer.

once we get the new training academy in place it needs to be a priority that we start bringing good young talent through not just from this country but abroad, and that we have our own identity and a way we play, was thinking today that the scatter gun approach hasn't worked and that Arry (good manager) is not going to be the future, TF gave it a go but its now time to set a firm plan in place for the future, like I say maybe go down the Ajax or Man utd approach of involving ex players who bleed the club,(I mean what the hell are we doing letting someone like Gerry coach part time at stoke ??)
if TF was to announce this approach im sure us the fans would accept it and give him the management & players the patience to succeed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

It's not about the Prem..... on 17:10 - Apr 2 with 1804 viewscoolranger

It's not about the Prem..... on 17:01 - Apr 2 by spencer

Coolranger...firstly..well done you lot, heard you big time on box.
Following up on your comments..off field on field...who has been doing ths advising.

Before we got anyof the money men on board, I remember us (well some fans) all saying " All Chelsea have done is bought their success...glad we haven't done that".

Well we haven't bought success, but we have tried and failed miserably.

I remember when Warnock got us promoted, with a team specifically made up to get us promoted.The likes of Derry,Hill and Mackie the main players who in my opinion were Championship players.So we get promoted, got abit of money and basically spunked the money up the wall on players in my opinion were only after a pay packet.I sat and watched the game last night and watched an aged Fulham team tear us apart and with 3 shots went into a 3 goal lead.For all our huff and puff and 17 shots, we still didn't manage to break them down to get the equaliser.

Im not for one moment blaming Clint Hill for his mistakes or short comings this season...He has played to the best of his ability and in some games played better than most....but you have to ask yourself...where di it all go wrong...?

All that money and ...we still look a relegation team.We have had the heart and soul of the promotion winning side ripped to shreds to be replaced with a bunch of mercenaries who couldn't give a toss about the club.

I fear for next season if(when) we get relegated.Someone needs to grab the club by the scruff of its neck and just start again on the playing field....

Spent 12 million on a centre back, who if we get relegated will not keep that valuation whatsoever.

Where is Diakite? What happens to Barton? SWP etc etc.
I know fans want an instant return to the premiership but it has to be with the correct foundations and not the ones we have at the moment.Stop trying to buy our place and earn it with decent players and decent team spirit.

Like most on here, i shall be there again next season cheering us on, but i really hope that someone says enough is enough and starts to have some sort of plan on the football pitch as well is off the pitch.

We havd money and bought Boswinga...Southampton got Clyne...Michu has to be the bargain of the season and we get SWP/Jenas/Barton/.....We have two keepers who are both meant to be internationals and yet neither can command their area's...Swansea get Vorm,Norwich got Ruddy...And we have wasted 12 million on a centre half.No disrespect to Samba who is not a bad player...but noth worth spunking 12 million on.

And one of the the players on show last night? A94 year old greek midfielder....how sad did we look.
Anyway - looking forward to Wigan trip on Sunday...

We were (in Championship season) and still are a different type of club to Swansea and Norwich. We got up with a very different type of side and an ageing manager who'd never really cut it in the PL. Swansea and Norwich had two youngish, ambitious managers with fresh ideas and a youthful squad, good off-field facilities and reasonably sound financial resources in place.

We went in last season under-cooked, made a poorish start, panicked and then picked the wrong alternative 'Team Hughes', which led to further disastrous transfer dealings. We've never recovered and have been fire fighting for two years now.
It's not about the Prem..... on 17:16 - Apr 2 with 1791 viewsspencer

It's not about the Prem..... on 17:10 - Apr 2 by coolranger

We were (in Championship season) and still are a different type of club to Swansea and Norwich. We got up with a very different type of side and an ageing manager who'd never really cut it in the PL. Swansea and Norwich had two youngish, ambitious managers with fresh ideas and a youthful squad, good off-field facilities and reasonably sound financial resources in place.

We went in last season under-cooked, made a poorish start, panicked and then picked the wrong alternative 'Team Hughes', which led to further disastrous transfer dealings. We've never recovered and have been fire fighting for two years now.

Totally agree about the "fire fighting" and the recruitment of Harry confirms that.

Trouble is, where do we go from here ? Do we keep trying to plug the holes? or do we just start with a fresh new bucket....How patient would the fans be if we approached it in the same way as Swansea/Norwich...
It's not about the Prem..... on 17:23 - Apr 2 with 1768 viewscoolranger

It's not about the Prem..... on 17:16 - Apr 2 by spencer

Totally agree about the "fire fighting" and the recruitment of Harry confirms that.

Trouble is, where do we go from here ? Do we keep trying to plug the holes? or do we just start with a fresh new bucket....How patient would the fans be if we approached it in the same way as Swansea/Norwich...

It's a tightrope act. Assuming we go down then TF will likely give it 2 seasons max to return.

The challenge will be to try and achieve promotion again by following a Swansea type strategy in terms of how we play, who we recruit, who manages the team etc as well as putting in place some of those off field building blocks.

We need to grow up as a club.

One of my dreams for the future is to hear people saying 'Rangers are playing, must try and see that, I love their playing style'.
It's not about the Prem..... on 17:28 - Apr 2 with 1756 viewsthemodfather

It's not about the Prem..... on 17:23 - Apr 2 by coolranger

It's a tightrope act. Assuming we go down then TF will likely give it 2 seasons max to return.

The challenge will be to try and achieve promotion again by following a Swansea type strategy in terms of how we play, who we recruit, who manages the team etc as well as putting in place some of those off field building blocks.

We need to grow up as a club.

One of my dreams for the future is to hear people saying 'Rangers are playing, must try and see that, I love their playing style'.

we need that academy for sure and i hope the investment will soon reap it's rewards.
we went and spent spent spent
and really went for it this january..a huge GAMBLE.
qpr fans realise we will not win every game, but we EXPECT some passion and heart for the hoops and for us.
It's not about the Prem..... on 17:44 - Apr 2 with 1713 viewswood_hoop

It's not about the Prem..... on 16:48 - Apr 2 by Bluce_Ree

I agree that young players cannot do it by themselves, good experienced players around them will be needed, that dosn't mean either a club stuffed full of International players commanding extortinate wages.

We are suffering badly at this time due to a big gamble by TF, it has failed and though not quite down and out yet we have big problems with a squad of extremely overrated players and high wages that may restrict getting the changes that will be needed for next season.

Once a criteria has been set for how TF wants his teams to play it is imperative the right backroom staff are taken on and kept, managers may come and go but the coaching/fitness staff right through the various levels are esential to any plans, that means managers have to accept they may bring with them a 'right hand man' but not much else.

Get managers that may have shown an ability at a lower level if need be, they have to take on how the teams should be playing, funds can be made available to purchase players and there will always be risks attached but if the homework is good they are minimised.

We are currently heading down a route that has a good chance of blowing up in our faces, maybe TF has learnt valuble lessons but that depends on his vision for the club, at this time I am not so sure he wants to wait for a modicum of success, patience is expected of supporters, that is something TF has not really
shown in how he has run the club so far.
It's not about the Prem..... on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 1664 viewsTacticalR

All for youth team development. I think that's just part of the decent minimum that every club needs. Southampton have long had an established academy infrastructure. Their youth team is in the top tier of the Premier Academy League (as is the case with West Ham and Reading, the other two promoted teams).

The funny thing is that given the constant changes of players, management and owners, the youth setup at QPR (whatever its shortcomings) is one of the most stable parts of the club.

However, whether the youth team can bear fruit is another matter, and needs to be seen in some sort of context.

1) The current La Masia setup at Barcelona was proposed by Cruyff in the late 70s, inspired by the Ajax Academy. It can take decades for such academies to bear fruit (and Barcelona could buy in top players in the meantime while waiting for it to bear fruit).

2) Even spending a huge amount on youth facilities doesn't guarantee the production of youth players. Chelsea's youth system is at best window dressing (at worst the waste of talent), because they will always buy existing players from elsewhere. At Arsenal Wenger's Project Youth has produced little and has been abandoned as the club tries to get rid of academy players like Johan Djourou.

3) Although certain clubs such as Palace and Southampton have a unique catchment area (Palace should be a much bigger club than they are given their catchment area), for whatever reason (lack of playing facilities, lack of people playing enough football), there is a declining pool of British talent to choose from, and competition is particularly fierce in London with the amount of clubs here.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Air hostess clique

It's not about the Prem..... on 22:02 - Apr 2 with 1567 viewsSpiritofGregory

When it came to the crunch the likes of Southampton, Norwich, Swansea and West Ham didn't rely on their academies for survival they went out and spent money on players, Michu, Diame, Jarvis, Snodgrass, Hernandez, Ramirez, Rodriguez etc.

The difference between us and them is that they had a better transfer policy and spent their money wisely. Fernandes swallowed that nonsense about Bowen being a fantasic scout yet we signed rejects.
It's not about the Prem..... on 22:16 - Apr 2 with 1542 viewsTGRRRSSS

Chelsea have made a totoal mess of their youth set up becuase nobody will ever get a chance their while Abramovich is in charge. he's doen so muchright build training complex invest in youth but when it comes to the crunch he fails.
As for us this training complex is critical to see if Fernandes really means what he says he's made a lot of very inexcusable mistakes in his time in charge but has put his money where his mouth is, so far BUT as a businessman will he cut his losses?
My biggest concern with him is actually his inability to get the right people in below him to get things done as regards the running of a football club - Beared being a prime example and his unwillingness to sack Hughes earlier when it was patently obvious he was not going to do what was required.
He needs someone more cut trhroat at this level in the Beared position.
I wonder how Amit#s mate would do if he got the job back - I forget his name now but left soon after promotion when Britatore roared in to create chaos again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024