Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday 13:19 - Jan 19 with 2030 viewssince1907

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-16631651

July last year- was Will Buckley there then?
Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 1987 viewsToffeemanc

Buckley was there then as he signed on the 6th June, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13673673.stm

If the BBC news report is correct Buckley can't be involved as he was 21 at the time of the assualt and is 22 now, so should be in the clear.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 13:51 - Jan 19 with 1898 viewssince1907

..................allegedly
Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:16 - Jan 19 with 1679 viewsDoris

Copied from North Stand Chat

LEGAL ADVICE re: the arrests
I have been a member of NSC for 12 years now... and deep inside me love the site, the community, the friends I have made and over the years what first Warren, and then Darren have done.
But there are more idiots now than ever.
So, you can take this or leave it and tell me to f*ck off.
As a newspaper editor for the past 22 years I am offering this legal advice:
When someone is arrested by the police and taken in for questioning, we have what in our legal system is known as an 'active case'.
IF you discuss the case and arrests, circumstances, place conjecture or opinion in anyway publicly (ie on an internet forum, Twitter, facebook or in any written publication) you could be guilty or contempt of court, subjudicy and perverting the course of justice. These are criminal offences. You could be arrested, charged and if found guilty face a prison sentence; as could the owner and moderator of the website (ie Bozza).

IF you name the people arrested (without the police or courts naming them first) you can be sued for defamation if the person named is later found to be innocent. There is even a clause of 'libel by innuendo' so the Buckaroo comments must be very careful. Take in mind these footballers are quite wealthy and their lawyers could well advise them to sue anyone who has named them as a sexual assault suspect.
I am now leaving NSC for a while, like a few others, while this all blows over.
Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:27 - Jan 19 with 1653 viewsfitzochris

Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:16 - Jan 19 by Doris

Copied from North Stand Chat

LEGAL ADVICE re: the arrests
I have been a member of NSC for 12 years now... and deep inside me love the site, the community, the friends I have made and over the years what first Warren, and then Darren have done.
But there are more idiots now than ever.
So, you can take this or leave it and tell me to f*ck off.
As a newspaper editor for the past 22 years I am offering this legal advice:
When someone is arrested by the police and taken in for questioning, we have what in our legal system is known as an 'active case'.
IF you discuss the case and arrests, circumstances, place conjecture or opinion in anyway publicly (ie on an internet forum, Twitter, facebook or in any written publication) you could be guilty or contempt of court, subjudicy and perverting the course of justice. These are criminal offences. You could be arrested, charged and if found guilty face a prison sentence; as could the owner and moderator of the website (ie Bozza).

IF you name the people arrested (without the police or courts naming them first) you can be sued for defamation if the person named is later found to be innocent. There is even a clause of 'libel by innuendo' so the Buckaroo comments must be very careful. Take in mind these footballers are quite wealthy and their lawyers could well advise them to sue anyone who has named them as a sexual assault suspect.
I am now leaving NSC for a while, like a few others, while this all blows over.

NCTJ Law - lesson 1, day 1!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:40 - Jan 19 with 1610 viewsDoris

Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:27 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

NCTJ Law - lesson 1, day 1!

Is what he says factually correct ??,i dont know but nobody on there is posting anything so i am kind of guessing he knows what he is talking about.
Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:41 - Jan 19 with 1603 viewsSuddenLad

Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:40 - Jan 19 by Doris

Is what he says factually correct ??,i dont know but nobody on there is posting anything so i am kind of guessing he knows what he is talking about.

He's correct.

You can always 'test the water' and see what happens. However, it MAY be costly.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:44 - Jan 19 with 1591 viewsDoris

Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:41 - Jan 19 by SuddenLad

He's correct.

You can always 'test the water' and see what happens. However, it MAY be costly.

Just googled and done a bit of reading ,just thought Toffeeman may want to alter his post even though he hasnt said they were the ones arrested.
Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 15:25 - Jan 20 with 1461 viewsfitzochris

Brighton may struggle to name a team on saturday on 20:40 - Jan 19 by Doris

He's spot on. As I say, it's something you pretty much learn on day one of the NCTJ course.

Unless you work for a wealthy tabloid, who cares neither about jail nor hefty lawsuits, it's best to stick to what you learn that day.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024