Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pep on the EFL Cup 23:30 - Sep 24 with 6031 viewsstainrods_elbow

“The next round, I announce you, I play the second team,” said Guardiola. “We are not going to waste energy, for sure.”

What an utter c*nt!

Does the EFL really have such contempt for their own competition that they're happy to allow this public cynicism to be amplified without censure?

Let's hope the PL find that horrible pseudo-club guilty of all 115+ charges and dump them out of professional competition pdq!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Pep on the EFL Cup on 09:27 - Sep 25 with 3199 viewsTheChef

Also Watford scored what looked like a perfectly good goal which got chalked off. Of course.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Pep on the EFL Cup on 09:29 - Sep 25 with 3198 viewsGaryBannister86

Will he play the second team when the minute they get a week off they jet off to America or Asia to play a friendly?

It's amazing how there aren't too many games then.

To be fair to Pep his record in the competition is of playing pretty strong sides, but when you have a squad of 100 I guess that is OK.
Pep on the EFL Cup on 09:37 - Sep 25 with 3170 viewsTheChef

Pep on the EFL Cup on 09:29 - Sep 25 by GaryBannister86

Will he play the second team when the minute they get a week off they jet off to America or Asia to play a friendly?

It's amazing how there aren't too many games then.

To be fair to Pep his record in the competition is of playing pretty strong sides, but when you have a squad of 100 I guess that is OK.

And the total irony of Rodri moaning about too many games, and now he'll miss the rest of the season through injury.

Pep on the EFL Cup on 09:40 - Sep 25 with 3154 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don’t mind it. The argument when they whine about too many games is they have ample millionaires barely playing football who can come in.

The Watford disallowed goal is something Haaland does on an almost weekly basis. Terrible decision.
Pep on the EFL Cup on 09:40 - Sep 25 with 3153 viewsaston_hoop

Scrap the club world cup, scrap the extra Champions league games, scrap the far east and US tours. Would even be able to bring back FA Cup replays then

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:04 - Sep 25 with 2972 viewsHayesender

The blokes an absolute cnt imo. Been pampered his whole working life through Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and now Abu Dhabi city.

If he doesn't like the traditions of our game, please feel free to go and work in Saudi Arabia

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:06 - Sep 25 with 2967 viewsdaveB

the extended champions league and upcoming club world cup are to blame

The fall out will be domestic cups being affected. I don't mind Pep being honest about this as playing the second team is what pretty much everyone else does anyway until the later stages
Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:22 - Sep 25 with 2907 viewsTheChef

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:06 - Sep 25 by daveB

the extended champions league and upcoming club world cup are to blame

The fall out will be domestic cups being affected. I don't mind Pep being honest about this as playing the second team is what pretty much everyone else does anyway until the later stages

How does the extended Champions League even work??

I look at that massive table they now have, haven't got a clue.

Login to get fewer ads

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:26 - Sep 25 with 2886 viewsdaveB

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:22 - Sep 25 by TheChef

How does the extended Champions League even work??

I look at that massive table they now have, haven't got a clue.

It's a way to get guaranteed big teams facing each other early without the jeopardy of of one of them being knocked out

Basically you play 2 extra games in the group stage.

Top 8 teams go through the next round.
You then have a playoff for the other 8 so 16 teams play each other in a play off with the 9th - 16th teams seeded for those

It means that 2 month gap they used to have between group stage and knockouts has gone, it goes on all season, it's the Euro Super league in all but name
Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:28 - Sep 25 with 2868 viewsPaddyhoops

Clubs like ours and competitions like this are an inconvenience to them .
A state owned football club who like Chelsea wouldn’t to compete if they hadn’t been financially doped up to the eyeballs.
Wish they would just f**k off and form their own super league which would no doubt be inhabited by a few teams from the Arab rich nations as well .
It will be the end game so I wish they would get on with it .
Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:33 - Sep 25 with 2838 viewsTheChef

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:26 - Sep 25 by daveB

It's a way to get guaranteed big teams facing each other early without the jeopardy of of one of them being knocked out

Basically you play 2 extra games in the group stage.

Top 8 teams go through the next round.
You then have a playoff for the other 8 so 16 teams play each other in a play off with the 9th - 16th teams seeded for those

It means that 2 month gap they used to have between group stage and knockouts has gone, it goes on all season, it's the Euro Super league in all but name

Cheers.

Protecting the interests of the big teams, who'd have thought.

They can all fk off.

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:35 - Sep 25 with 2833 viewsJuzzie

OK, if they are playing the second team and are at home, then have severely reduced tickets prices. Give the fans the option to go along or not.
Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:39 - Sep 25 with 2809 viewsNorthernr

Hopefully if they get this court case right that twt will have to inconvenience himself playing the likes of Watford a lot more often.
Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:54 - Sep 25 with 2727 viewsdavman

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:39 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Hopefully if they get this court case right that twt will have to inconvenience himself playing the likes of Watford a lot more often.

But they won't.

We don't want the top 6 anymore and they don't want us, so just GO FFS!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:56 - Sep 25 with 2721 viewselnombre

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:33 - Sep 25 by TheChef

Cheers.

Protecting the interests of the big teams, who'd have thought.

They can all fk off.

Indeed, at the end of 144 matches, two thirds of the teams are still in?! Not really much 'competition' there, in a league where you don't even play all the other teams.

In addition you're guaranteed two 'headline' matches against Barcelona, not that it matters if you lose these, as along as you dish out regulation pastings to the other six duffers you've drawn.

Comically skewed one way only.
[Post edited 25 Sep 13:05]
Pep on the EFL Cup on 12:07 - Sep 25 with 2659 viewsJuzzie

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:56 - Sep 25 by elnombre

Indeed, at the end of 144 matches, two thirds of the teams are still in?! Not really much 'competition' there, in a league where you don't even play all the other teams.

In addition you're guaranteed two 'headline' matches against Barcelona, not that it matters if you lose these, as along as you dish out regulation pastings to the other six duffers you've drawn.

They changed the name from the "European Cup" to the "Champions League". All they now need to do is re-brand it by merging the two names and you get the "European League".
Pep on the EFL Cup on 12:12 - Sep 25 with 2633 viewsted_hendrix

Guardiola.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pep on the EFL Cup on 12:23 - Sep 25 with 2569 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Pep on the EFL Cup on 12:12 - Sep 25 by ted_hendrix

Guardiola.

Yes that's him Ted.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Pep on the EFL Cup on 12:53 - Sep 25 with 2461 viewsTheChef

Pep on the EFL Cup on 12:07 - Sep 25 by Juzzie

They changed the name from the "European Cup" to the "Champions League". All they now need to do is re-brand it by merging the two names and you get the "European League".

You should propose that to UEFA, they'll pay you a million quid for the privilege

Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:04 - Sep 25 with 2219 viewsNorthantsHoop

Think the EFL and FA cup need a total revamp, trouble is they seem to be totally over reliant on major sponsorship and the hope that the big boy premier teams show some interest in the cups, which they don't really appear to do they!
The EFL cup is in need of a major revamp they have ditched extra time and gone straight to penalties, but it is still a competition dying on its feet and seems just a pain to the Prem and Championship teams until possibly the later stages. I suppose the question ito ask, is the EFL cup needed, if the product is no longer fit for purpose?
[Post edited 25 Sep 14:05]
Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:09 - Sep 25 with 2173 viewsJuzzie

Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:04 - Sep 25 by NorthantsHoop

Think the EFL and FA cup need a total revamp, trouble is they seem to be totally over reliant on major sponsorship and the hope that the big boy premier teams show some interest in the cups, which they don't really appear to do they!
The EFL cup is in need of a major revamp they have ditched extra time and gone straight to penalties, but it is still a competition dying on its feet and seems just a pain to the Prem and Championship teams until possibly the later stages. I suppose the question ito ask, is the EFL cup needed, if the product is no longer fit for purpose?

Yes.

I don't give a fk that it upsets the big boys because the likes of UEFA add ever more games to their competitions.

Why should clubs like Barrow get denied the opportunity to play at a PL ground?
Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:25 - Sep 25 with 2114 viewsNorthernr

Pep on the EFL Cup on 11:56 - Sep 25 by elnombre

The people running our sport atm are in full on rack and stack mode. More tournaments with more teams and more games. It means more tickets, more sponsorship and more TV deals from more markets. So we blow the World Cup up to 48 teams, spread it across 12 groups, have it in three countries at once. We have a club world cup, for which they're yet to sell a TV package BTW, stick 32 teams in that. Expanded Champions league. Expanded Euros. Expanded summer tours. More, more, more, more.

Problem is, it's a physical sport. The more you make them play it, the more tired they get, the worse the product. The more you expand the tournaments, the more teams you have in there who probably shouldn't be there, the worse the product. The more groups and stages you introduce, the less the jeopardy, the worse the product.

They're killing it the goose that laid their golden egg. And they don't care, because they're getting rich.

One of the things I admire about the NFL, one of the most commercially successful and lucrative sports comp in the world if not the most, is they've resisted the temptation to expand the season, the number of games etc. It keeps the product exciting (although, as with rugby, the bed wetting over head injuries is turning it into an over refereed technical mess) and keeps the public wanting more.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:26 - Sep 25 with 2113 viewsdaveB

Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:04 - Sep 25 by NorthantsHoop

The EFL cup is fine as it is, a good knockout tournament, it doesn't need a revamp, the EFL Cup and the FA Cup are not the problems in English football
Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:32 - Sep 25 with 2066 viewsTheChef

Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:25 - Sep 25 by Northernr

The people running our sport atm are in full on rack and stack mode. More tournaments with more teams and more games. It means more tickets, more sponsorship and more TV deals from more markets. So we blow the World Cup up to 48 teams, spread it across 12 groups, have it in three countries at once. We have a club world cup, for which they're yet to sell a TV package BTW, stick 32 teams in that. Expanded Champions league. Expanded Euros. Expanded summer tours. More, more, more, more.

Problem is, it's a physical sport. The more you make them play it, the more tired they get, the worse the product. The more you expand the tournaments, the more teams you have in there who probably shouldn't be there, the worse the product. The more groups and stages you introduce, the less the jeopardy, the worse the product.

They're killing it the goose that laid their golden egg. And they don't care, because they're getting rich.

One of the things I admire about the NFL, one of the most commercially successful and lucrative sports comp in the world if not the most, is they've resisted the temptation to expand the season, the number of games etc. It keeps the product exciting (although, as with rugby, the bed wetting over head injuries is turning it into an over refereed technical mess) and keeps the public wanting more.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Rodri was right.

Is that why They took out his ACL?

*adjusts tinfoil hat

Pep on the EFL Cup on 14:59 - Sep 25 with 1938 viewsLblock

The sooner the World Super League gets rolled out (again) and becomes a thing despite the fans protestations the better in my book.
The game needs a reset and I'd more than happy for the (c) Big Six to do one and the Divisions get re-stacked.

As an aside, I'd absolutely LOVE another competition!!!
I've said before that a return of some form of the old InterToto Cup where teams could choose to enter or not would be great but make it for teams outside the top Divisions of Europe..... a true "Cup for the Cupless" as it was intended.
Have the teams finishing runners up, losing play off finalists, 3rd or anything throughout participating European countries and in two legged or mini leagues.

There'd be massive interest across the lower leagues of Europe I think, especially the EFL and allow clubs such as us to dream of afternoons spent on the steinlagers in some unheard of Swedish Fishing village as we march toward being Champions of Europe.

One of only two things left on my football bucket list to do

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024