Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frey 22:03 - Aug 30 with 15421 viewssilky

Deserves a thread. Thought he was absolutely tremendous tonight.

Think we were 2nd best as the whole performance goes but a much better 2nd half.

Frey, could of easily gone down for Masden goal and took his goal brilliantly, pressed when he could. 3 goals now.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Frey on 07:49 - Aug 31 with 2818 viewsdmm

Frey the unicorn

Frey on 07:53 - Aug 31 with 2787 viewspriceyparkrangers

Hope some of you who wrote him off after an air shot against WBA are happy to eat humble pie

Can’t believe how many posts there are slating our players it’s actually pretty toxic. Madsen seems to be the new villain even though he’s been here one week and scored a sodding goal
Frey on 07:57 - Aug 31 with 2729 viewsstevec

Nice to have a centre forward who looks like he actually enjoys being a centre forward.

From an attacking point of view, that was largely a one man show tonight. That can’t go on.
[Post edited 31 Aug 7:58]
Frey on 08:02 - Aug 31 with 2656 viewsDiscodroids

watched a re run of the game this morning .. Frey was the mean, mode and median of classical old skool center forward play.

A petri dish hybrid of Bob latchford/David Cross/ Peter Withe/Ray Hankin/Gerry Armstrong /Alan Young etc etc.

Savage Beauty. A knuckle duster in a velvet opera glove. A Mafia underboss in a 14oz 3 piece chalk stripe suit. The swaggering Borstal 'Daddy' confiscating snout at will.

From the root to the fruit.. he was magnificent.
[Post edited 31 Aug 8:05]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Frey on 08:03 - Aug 31 with 2667 viewsSpaceman_P

an apt song... future terrace chant.

I'm too Michi for my shirt, too Michi for my shirt too Michi it hurts.
Frey on 08:04 - Aug 31 with 2659 viewssilky

Frey on 07:57 - Aug 31 by stevec

Nice to have a centre forward who looks like he actually enjoys being a centre forward.

From an attacking point of view, that was largely a one man show tonight. That can’t go on.

Spot on, from minute 15 to 60 we were second best all over the park.

Frey's performance was reminiscent of Luke Freeman's against Leeds. Okay for a one off but unsustainable going forwards.

Still early days and a win plus international break where the newbies can settle down even more.

Love how this team is shaping up under Marti.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Frey on 08:07 - Aug 31 with 2634 viewssilky

Frey on 08:02 - Aug 31 by Discodroids

watched a re run of the game this morning .. Frey was the mean, mode and median of classical old skool center forward play.

A petri dish hybrid of Bob latchford/David Cross/ Peter Withe/Ray Hankin/Gerry Armstrong /Alan Young etc etc.

Savage Beauty. A knuckle duster in a velvet opera glove. A Mafia underboss in a 14oz 3 piece chalk stripe suit. The swaggering Borstal 'Daddy' confiscating snout at will.

From the root to the fruit.. he was magnificent.
[Post edited 31 Aug 8:05]

Eloquently put dear Glenn! 😂

Frey on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 2556 viewsgazza1

Well played to him, my type of CF, comes across as having a good attitude.......could do well for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Frey on 08:22 - Aug 31 with 2506 viewsDiscodroids

Frey on 08:07 - Aug 31 by silky

Eloquently put dear Glenn! 😂

God bless you sir!,

l think last nights 7 pints of Spaten munchen is still coursing through my veins. might have to top up in a minute , the chigwell mother in law is over at 10am!.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Frey on 08:30 - Aug 31 with 2470 viewsdaveB

He gave me vibes of Helguson last night who was also seen as a bit of a joke and on his way out at QPR before that season. Frey's hold up play last night was superb even at 1-0 down he was by far our best player and what a finish for his goal.
Frey on 08:42 - Aug 31 with 2392 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Frey on 08:03 - Aug 31 by Spaceman_P

Deeply dippy about the way you play
Tremendous shot
What a player we've got
Ohh Michel Frey
You're the biz and your Swiss
Ohhh Michel Frey
You're Swiss and you never miss

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Frey on 09:00 - Aug 31 with 2293 viewsCiderwithRsie

Frey on 07:57 - Aug 31 by stevec

Long post warning but I don't think the one man show thing is fair.

Firstly, Frey's rampage started right after Smyth replaced Lloyd ie when we were playing a lone striker - it's not surprising if he was the focus.

But of course the first goal was actually scored by Madsen. Now I'm not going to pretend Madsen has made a brilliant start and I gather he was poor in the first half last night (which I didn't see) but fact is he was in the right place (as he was in stoppage time in the cup) and this time he scored. As Clive pointed out when he signed for us, part of the point of him is we need more goals from midfield and after two starts he's begun to deliver.

When Celar replaced Frey his lay-off to Andersen should have produced a goal. Andersen himself was at least in the right area and has the track record so I don't think we need to worry he won't contribute when used.

Smyth was usefully busy albeit without producing any chances - as a sub he did what was needed and helped shift the balance of the game. Varane also decent when he came on.

Dunne as ever a threat at the far post and unlucky not to score: a handy bonus from a full-back.

We shouldn't go overboard, and there will be tougher tests, but when you consider that the core of our attacking players (Dembele, Madsen, Frey himself, Lloyd, Celar, Varane, Saito) are either new signings (mostly from different leagues with different styles of play and pre-season timetables) or (Frey and Lloyd) barely played last year I don't think it's unreasonable to look at the best parts of last night as a sign of what we should expect more consistently in a month or so.

Add in the fact that Chair is still probably our best attacker and is now presumably ours at least until Christmas; also that Dembele can play better than he did for most of last night, and I think we've got the makings of an attack with potential (I'm not putting it stronger than that yet) to be very exciting at this level, and the manager and assistant to make it happen.

If Frey turns out to do most of the actual scoring as a big, muscly old-fashioned gnarly No 9, well, that's what we've been crying out for for years IMO.
Frey on 09:19 - Aug 31 with 2149 viewsGloucs_R

Frey on 08:03 - Aug 31 by Spaceman_P

No. Just no. 🤣

Poll: Are we staying up?

Frey on 10:32 - Aug 31 with 1987 viewsgolborne

Frey on 09:00 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

Firstly, Frey's rampage started right after Smyth replaced Lloyd ie when we were playing a lone striker - it's not surprising if he was the focus.

But of course the first goal was actually scored by Madsen. Now I'm not going to pretend Madsen has made a brilliant start and I gather he was poor in the first half last night (which I didn't see) but fact is he was in the right place (as he was in stoppage time in the cup) and this time he scored. As Clive pointed out when he signed for us, part of the point of him is we need more goals from midfield and after two starts he's begun to deliver.

When Celar replaced Frey his lay-off to Andersen should have produced a goal. Andersen himself was at least in the right area and has the track record so I don't think we need to worry he won't contribute when used.

Smyth was usefully busy albeit without producing any chances - as a sub he did what was needed and helped shift the balance of the game. Varane also decent when he came on.

Dunne as ever a threat at the far post and unlucky not to score: a handy bonus from a full-back.

We shouldn't go overboard, and there will be tougher tests, but when you consider that the core of our attacking players (Dembele, Madsen, Frey himself, Lloyd, Celar, Varane, Saito) are either new signings (mostly from different leagues with different styles of play and pre-season timetables) or (Frey and Lloyd) barely played last year I don't think it's unreasonable to look at the best parts of last night as a sign of what we should expect more consistently in a month or so.

Add in the fact that Chair is still probably our best attacker and is now presumably ours at least until Christmas; also that Dembele can play better than he did for most of last night, and I think we've got the makings of an attack with potential (I'm not putting it stronger than that yet) to be very exciting at this level, and the manager and assistant to make it happen.

If Frey turns out to do most of the actual scoring as a big, muscly old-fashioned gnarly No 9, well, that's what we've been crying out for for years IMO.

Smyth changed the game. 2 pieces of brilliant defending, moved us up the pitch, but check out his movement for Frey’s goal. As we moved the ball over to the left, he has a little glance over his shoulder to check he and Frey have a 2 on 1 at the back post. He then made a blind early run across the defender who duly followed him leaving Frey on his own at the back.

Exactly what you want from the bench.

Not sure where Lloyd’s best position is, but he doesn’t have enough close control of the ball to play wide. Would have been better off going kick n run using his strength, cos it was painful watching him trying to dribble it. Lots of effort though, just need to work out how best to utilise him.
Frey on 10:36 - Aug 31 with 1962 viewsLanhoop

Frey on 08:42 - Aug 31 by PlanetHonneywood

Deeply dippy about the way you play
Tremendous shot
What a player we've got
Ohh Michel Frey
You're the biz and your Swiss
Ohhh Michel Frey
You're Swiss and you never miss

If we are being 80's retros

It obviously has to be...

Oh Michy, you're so fine
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Michy, hey Michy
Frey on 10:52 - Aug 31 with 1885 viewsTacticalR

For the first goal he made something out of nothing, which Dykes could never do.

Air hostess clique

Frey on 10:54 - Aug 31 with 1853 viewsngbqpr

Frey on 09:00 - Aug 31 by CiderwithRsie

This is the sort of post I was expecting to read when logging in today. Enjoying a great awayday, cautious optimism, while recognising it's early days, and the result could easily have gone the other way.

Really quite shocked about the number of hole-picking posts. Enjoy the moment FFS! We're bedding in half a new squad, most with no experience in this league, our best player is injured, yet we've gone to two just relegated teams, each of whom still have some quality players, gone behind twice, yet come back with 4. points. Oh and we won a cup game.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Frey on 11:12 - Aug 31 with 1771 viewsibnumber10

What a beast!
Also top marks for the goal celebration, in front of the fans. Excellent acceleration into the knee slide whilst maintaining enough momentum to get back to his feet and turn around to acknowledge Jimmy with the patented Unicorn sign!
Got to worth an extra point in any match rating.
Frey on 11:31 - Aug 31 with 1684 viewsconnell10

Ever since i saw his first game i thought he is good player! Just wasnt match fit, so the lesson here for all of us is to give players a chance before writing them off! Some on the comments about how certain players are shite after a couple of games is just daft.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Frey on 11:38 - Aug 31 with 1658 viewssimmo

I might owe Hunter an apology when he told me Frey will get 10 goals this season and I made a Marge Simpson grumbly noise... He's come back a new man so far.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Frey on 11:50 - Aug 31 with 1584 viewsDavieQPR

Did say on here last week that my son said he didn't realise how good Frey was until he actually saw him play.
Frey on 11:53 - Aug 31 with 1575 viewsDavieQPR

Did say on here last week that my son said he didn't realise how good Frey was until he actually saw him play.
Frey on 12:56 - Aug 31 with 1262 viewsfrancisbowles

Frey on 11:53 - Aug 31 by DavieQPR

So good, he said it twice.😁
Frey on 13:54 - Aug 31 with 1072 viewsSonofpugwash

Good old fashioned No.9 effort.Reminded me a lot of Les Allen.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Frey on 14:04 - Aug 31 with 1050 viewsAntti_Heinola

Frey on 08:04 - Aug 31 by silky

Spot on, from minute 15 to 60 we were second best all over the park.

Frey's performance was reminiscent of Luke Freeman's against Leeds. Okay for a one off but unsustainable going forwards.

Still early days and a win plus international break where the newbies can settle down even more.

Love how this team is shaping up under Marti.

Lets just try and remember we were playing a team who were in the prem a few weeks ago at a time when we nearly got relegated to the third tier.
Some better teams WILL outplay us for sections of games, as will some not soo good teams. That is football.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024