Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor substitutions 15:26 - Jan 2 with 4898 viewsrichpr

Find it very worrying that Cifuentes couldn't recognise that our only threat on Monday was Paul Smyth on the right. Full back and centre half both on a booking. What does he do?? He sends on Albert and moves Smyth over to the left. We offered nothing after that.

Just a suggestion - maybe try playing Dykes in midfield. It is clearly not working with him as centre forward, no point in flogging a dead horse with him hiding behind the centre half - thought he did ok playing deeper v Ipswich
Poor substitutions on 09:19 - Jan 3 with 963 viewsNorthernr

Poor substitutions on 22:13 - Jan 2 by derbyhoop

1 thing puzzling me is Drewe on the bench.
We have Cannon & Kakay for RB.
We have Paal & Larkeche on left..
If he needs another defender on the bench why not 1 of the Dev Squad?
Woodman & Rendall have got back to fitness. Hawkins and Harrack have played most DS games.

Perhaps the development squad aren't very good?
Poor substitutions on 09:44 - Jan 3 with 906 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Poor substitutions on 09:12 - Jan 3 by TheChef

Well with Kakay at AFCON Drewe will probably get a few appearances, unless Cannon is suddenly fit enough to play every game.

Sieera Leone didn't qualify so Kakay will be with us, Chef.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Poor substitutions on 09:48 - Jan 3 with 895 viewsTheChef

Poor substitutions on 09:44 - Jan 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Sieera Leone didn't qualify so Kakay will be with us, Chef.

Ah! Forgot about that, ta.

Er OK so Drewe won't get any game time then barring an even bigger injury crisis...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Poor substitutions on 09:54 - Jan 3 with 880 viewseastside_r

Poor substitutions on 22:13 - Jan 2 by derbyhoop

1 thing puzzling me is Drewe on the bench.
We have Cannon & Kakay for RB.
We have Paal & Larkeche on left..
If he needs another defender on the bench why not 1 of the Dev Squad?
Woodman & Rendall have got back to fitness. Hawkins and Harrack have played most DS games.

MC sending a message now the transfer window ‘has swung open’?

Perhaps he doesn’t quite have the Redknapp chutzpah to name 2 keepers on the bench.
Poor substitutions on 10:04 - Jan 3 with 856 viewsterryb

Poor substitutions on 15:34 - Jan 2 by Watford_Ranger

Did Dykes do anything at Ipswich? Defended from the front a bit but can’t see it working in games we need to actually have the ball and kick it somewhere near the goal.

The Adomah sub was bizarre but I guess the logic is that he’s one of the few capable of crossing a ball and Dykes’ one strength is the occasional headed goal. If Adomah was a racehorse he’d be glue by now.

But can’t really fault Cifuentes for trying something with so few options. He wants to play good, attacking football and this squad is painfully short of the ability or desire to do it. He gives Larkeche a chance and he serves up that.

Zonal marking though. Not for me Clive.

It wasn't zonal marking for either goal.

Larkeche & Kolli were both beaten in the air while man marking. We play a mixture of the two systems, but perhaps we should have our best heading defenders mnarking while others are zonal.
Poor substitutions on 11:24 - Jan 3 with 750 viewsderbyhoop

Poor substitutions on 09:19 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Perhaps the development squad aren't very good?

Any chance that Drewe is going to be 1st team full back?

I'm not convinced about the quality of Dev Squad but Harrack and Hawkins are 20; woodman 21 and been out for 3 months after a successful loan spell at Dulwich Hamlet

But surely a CB is a better option than a 3rd choice RB.
All I would say is that MC has arely had time to look at any of the.
[Post edited 3 Jan 11:31]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Poor substitutions on 11:53 - Jan 3 with 711 viewsNorthernr

Poor substitutions on 11:24 - Jan 3 by derbyhoop

Any chance that Drewe is going to be 1st team full back?

I'm not convinced about the quality of Dev Squad but Harrack and Hawkins are 20; woodman 21 and been out for 3 months after a successful loan spell at Dulwich Hamlet

But surely a CB is a better option than a 3rd choice RB.
All I would say is that MC has arely had time to look at any of the.
[Post edited 3 Jan 11:31]

Drewe is a nice lad. He isn’t a Championship level footballer in a million years.
Poor substitutions on 12:02 - Jan 3 with 689 viewsdaveB

Poor substitutions on 08:54 - Jan 3 by Ned_Kennedys

Felt it was Albert who was thrown to the wolves: the guy has spent his whole career on the right so what did anyone expect from the guy being put in the middle?
The midfield three were poor and creating nothing so the attacking move should’ve been to replace one and gone with Armstrong up front and left Smyth on the right for the whole game where he was doing well.

He has played as a number 10 before at Villa and Bristol City so wasn't alien to him.
At the time we were under the cosh a bit, Cardiff had started to take control so he tried to bring on some experience to get back on top, didn't work but looking at that bench you were going to need a miracle to make positive impacts on the game bar Armstrong who is not really suited to these games where teams defend deep anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024