Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And still they clap them off??, 20:05 - Oct 28 with 4480 viewsconnell10

Quite a few fans clapping that shite off! I honestly can't get my head around this ?? I even had a row with a few fans asking why they were clapping??? I've just heard Ainsworth has gone thank god for that!!!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 20:05]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

And still they clap them off??, on 00:25 - Oct 29 with 721 viewsHoopsie

To have the league leaders at 1-1 after 60 minutes showed we can play a bit

To keep this consistently in every game is another story

Means that we will have to be at a very high level in every game to get any positive result

Today they did and if it wasn’t for dozzell’s dismissal we could have had a chance

You applaud for the effort but the result is far from satisfactory

Let’s just try not to be unlucky (deflected goal - can’t help it) but at least not to be the architect of our own demise (red card, as with previous) each game which we are at least capable to avoid

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

And still they clap them off??, on 07:36 - Oct 29 with 550 viewsnix

And still they clap them off??, on 23:13 - Oct 28 by OakR

I clapped them off as I left but I sort of know what Connell means as well.

It's a sad state of affairs when expectations are so low, we are almost happy we've only lost 2-1 at home to Leicester in the Championship. I'm not sure I've ever had such low expectations before a game. If we'd been on good form with a decent team we probably would not have been clapping them off for a good effort.

However, we are where we are as they say, and where we are is right at the bottom of the barrell. Leicester are head and shoulders above us right now on virtually every metric from coaching, the recruitment, to current squad - it's a complete no contest. So the fact we matched them pretty much untli the sending off (I know they had lots of posession but a lot of that was defenders passing to the keeper like Liverpool did in the 80s, chances wise I thought we were pretty even) with the huge division in class meant they had all put in not only a good shift but a good performance, which they did all things considered. So for me, worthy of applause, even if it feels a bit like clapping your sons team for putting in a good performance in the U9s match against a vastly superior team.

Actually I think their fans are a bit daft following yesterday's match. If I'd won yesterday in their position I'd have been happy but not ecstatic. I saw guys literally jumping into each other's arms because they only just beaten a bottom of the league side with ten men. Bit cringey really. And giving it large on the way to the station, banging on restaurant windows to taunt women in QPR tops. Really?

It's obviously stung with them to be relegated relatively recently after winning the Prem. I know we're in a dire position compared to them but we haven't been in the Prem for nine years.

It's quite simple why I clap the players when they go off after a relatively good performance: because I want them to play like that next time. If we boo them even when they're playing better than what's the incentive? Yes, personal pride and a general will to win but that's been drained out of them clearly.

I'm not stopping people if they want to boo or storm off at 80 minutes but equally I'm not going join them for a decent performance and a big improvement over the previous few games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024