Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland at home 11:14 - Sep 11 with 13667 viewssafcinpeace

I have popped on to this board for the last two games against you and, in the main had a good friendly discussion, so here goes.

How are you feeling about your start to the season and you newish manager (he wasn’t in charge last time we played you).

Ainsworth and Sunderland have always had a bit of a love hate relationship, loved how he got results on a shoestring and his kind words about Sunderland, but hated his style of play and the thuggery he used At Wycombe.

For us the transfer window is being judged as a success, leaving us with an even younger team that last year, the average age of the starting eleven is about 22 years and one month. A lot of kids with massive talent and the home grown Chris Rigg only 16 and two goals already.
Sunderland at home on 13:37 - Sep 14 with 1968 viewsDieByYourSide

Nothing on Steve Cook?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Sunderland at home on 15:44 - Sep 14 with 1850 viewsMrSheen

Sunderland at home on 17:44 - Sep 13 by safcinpeace

You can still get Double Maxim. The head brewer set up a new company called The Maxim Brewy and took the recipe for Double Maxim with him when Vaux closed.

About two years the Vaux name was also bought by a couple of locals and they now do a very good range of beers and have a tap room opposite the new Tesco supermarket on the way from the Stadium of Light metro station to the ground. But be careful a lot of the beers are 6% or more.

I still shudder to remember being up that way in the 80s and asking for a pint of Voh. It took them a while to start laughing at me, after I pointed to show what I wanted.
Sunderland at home on 15:49 - Sep 14 with 1843 viewsTheChef

Sunderland at home on 15:44 - Sep 14 by MrSheen

I still shudder to remember being up that way in the 80s and asking for a pint of Voh. It took them a while to start laughing at me, after I pointed to show what I wanted.

#vauxnews

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sunderland at home on 15:50 - Sep 14 with 1841 viewsderbyhoop

Sunderland at home on 08:35 - Sep 14 by safcinpeace

Well yes after a 5-0 win against Southampton any fan base in the country would be very confident, some over confident. If you look at other thread you will see that there are just as many saying that it will be a very tough game and they will be happy to get a point. That is the beauty of fans we all have opinions.

From the highlights 5-0 looked as if you let them off the hook. Much was due to the way Saints try to play. I think you'll find QPR in your face a lot more. It is likely to be competitive.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sunderland at home on 15:59 - Sep 14 with 1817 viewsdmm

Sunderland at home on 13:37 - Sep 14 by DieByYourSide

Nothing on Steve Cook?

In his prematch, Ainsworth sat on the fence regarding Cook saying he didn't want to give away team selection. I take that as he's not fit for Saturday. Ainsworth was happy to confirm Dykes is fit, as are all those who were away on international duties.
Sunderland at home on 22:16 - Sep 14 with 1615 viewsHAYESBOY

Sunderland at home on 15:59 - Sep 14 by dmm

In his prematch, Ainsworth sat on the fence regarding Cook saying he didn't want to give away team selection. I take that as he's not fit for Saturday. Ainsworth was happy to confirm Dykes is fit, as are all those who were away on international duties.

Pic of him out on the training pitch. Hopefully good news.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Sunderland at home on 06:12 - Sep 15 with 1470 viewsQPROslo

Sunderland at home on 22:16 - Sep 14 by HAYESBOY

Pic of him out on the training pitch. Hopefully good news.

Yeh, saw a whole load of Tuesday training stills on FB which showed him at full stretch and giving the ball a hammering, but no video and who knows how he was feeling after that.
Sunderland at home on 22:16 - Sep 15 with 1230 viewsqpr_1968

Sunderland at home on 21:04 - Sep 11 by qpr_1968

in short, love going to sunderland, especially the night game when we beat you 2-0 2014 i think.
great start for you, after beating southampton 5-0.
our recent results are not too bad either.
sitting on the fence here....1-0 to us....1-0 to you....1-1....not much in it.

forget chris rigg, forget gareth ainsworth, ......if your local, how about letting women in the gunner social /working mans club ....not your problem , but ......

i will be up for the sunderland away game safc.....

are you going to answer my question.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland at home on 07:33 - Sep 16 with 1161 viewssafcinpeace

Sunderland at home on 22:16 - Sep 15 by qpr_1968

i will be up for the sunderland away game safc.....

are you going to answer my question.

I am as t aware that any pub didn’t allow women. As far as I know it is illegal to bar entry on the grounds of gender. Send me a pm and I will raise the issue with the city council.
Sunderland at home on 10:18 - Sep 17 with 1014 viewssafcinpeace

Ok thanks for the good reception. I will see you all when you are up at ours. I will be happy to answer any questions about parking pbs, places to eat and so on.

God luck for the rest of the season.
Sunderland at home on 10:24 - Sep 17 with 976 viewscolinallcars

Sunderland at home on 10:18 - Sep 17 by safcinpeace

Ok thanks for the good reception. I will see you all when you are up at ours. I will be happy to answer any questions about parking pbs, places to eat and so on.

God luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024