Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Present you ever got 19:55 - Mar 21 with 8255 viewsqprxtc

Evel Kenivel bike and energiser for my birthday in 1976. Best toy ever.

Brrm brrm

I got a thong one time. Bit bollocks that one.
Best Present you ever got on 20:07 - Mar 21 with 5220 viewsloftboy

Scalextric 200 , with the extension pack.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Best Present you ever got on 20:14 - Mar 21 with 5197 viewswesty

Brilliant. Still got the scars on my knuckles from the concrete
Best Present you ever got on 20:39 - Mar 21 with 5141 viewsozexile

Are you talking about the model motorbike with a ramp or an actual bike? If it's the model I could never get that thing to go further that 20cm!! On the advert it went for about 100m!! Marketing eh!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 5:56]
Best Present you ever got on 21:06 - Mar 21 with 5099 viewsMrSheen

White hexagon - black pentagon leather football ball, when I was about eight. Getting it to spin around off the side of my foot gave me as great a sense of achievement as anything I’ve managed since.
Best Present you ever got on 21:07 - Mar 21 with 5095 viewsBlackCrowe

First gen Chopper

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Best Present you ever got on 21:50 - Mar 21 with 5045 viewsstevec

Best Present you ever got on 22:26 - Mar 21 with 5012 viewsessextaxiboy

Shares in QPR holdings ... proof that I married the right girl .
Electric golf trolley .. proof that I am an old fart
Best Present you ever got on 04:45 - Mar 22 with 4918 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Best Present you ever got on 21:50 - Mar 21 by stevec

I see Laird, Paal, Balogun, JCS, Roberts, Chair, Richards and Willock are all still out then!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Best Present you ever got on 08:04 - Mar 22 with 4837 viewsRs_Holy

Carlton Cyclone....Dad could only afford the 5 speed version (the 10 speed was a whopping £10 more) but it didn't make any odds. What a machine, suddenly I was independent. used it as a main mode of transport all the way from school years to early apprenticeship years. I went everywhere on it at weekends and its where I discovered my love of cycling.
Best Present you ever got on 08:34 - Mar 22 with 4818 viewsEsox_Lucius

[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 12:16]

The grass is always greener.

Best Present you ever got on 09:11 - Mar 22 with 4789 viewsDWQPR

Best Present you ever got on 20:07 - Mar 21 by loftboy

Scalextric 200 , with the extension pack.

Got TCR Racing in 1979. Far better than Scalectrix as you could switch lanes and also had a third car that hugged the inside lane at a lower and constant speed making over taking a fine art. Cars tended to stay on the track more often too.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Best Present you ever got on 09:12 - Mar 22 with 4790 viewsTheChef

Yeah toss up between the Scalextric Le Mans set, or the Millennium Falcon.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Best Present you ever got on 09:16 - Mar 22 with 4787 viewsCamberleyR

This at Christmas 1976

Still got the set and all the original bits plus extra track and cars I bought although the set car's motors burnt out years ago.

A year ago with some Xmas money I treated myself to one of the new digital sets to rekindle my memories and get into the hobby again. With the digital sets you no longer have to have multiple lanes if you want multi car racing. Eventually it will go into my garage when I've finished building the track layout I want.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 9:29]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Best Present you ever got on 09:17 - Mar 22 with 4784 viewsTheChef

Best Present you ever got on 09:16 - Mar 22 by CamberleyR

This at Christmas 1976

Still got the set and all the original bits plus extra track and cars I bought although the set car's motors burnt out years ago.

A year ago with some Xmas money I treated myself to one of the new digital sets to rekindle my memories and get into the hobby again. With the digital sets you no longer have to have multiple lanes if you want multi car racing. Eventually it will go into my garage when I've finished building the track layout I want.

Ah yes the speed calculator!

Never did work out that one.

Best Present you ever got on 09:28 - Mar 22 with 4760 viewsCamberleyR

Best Present you ever got on 09:17 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Ah yes the speed calculator!

Never did work out that one.

Me neither!

Best Present you ever got on 09:52 - Mar 22 with 4745 viewsTheChef

Best Present you ever got on 09:16 - Mar 22 by CamberleyR

This at Christmas 1976

https://slotracer.online/library/scalextric/scalextric-catalogue-1981.html

Best Present you ever got on 10:01 - Mar 22 with 4725 viewsCamberleyR

Best Present you ever got on 09:52 - Mar 22 by TheChef

https://slotracer.online/library/scalextric/scalextric-catalogue-1981.html

I still have all my old Scalextric catalogues as well although bizarrely not this one for some reason. I have them from '75 to '83 when I stopped getting them.

Best Present you ever got on 10:18 - Mar 22 with 4705 viewsSydneyRs

When we were kids a guy my dad knew socially who had been a bit down on his luck ended up lodging with us for a few years. My dad was a manager/supervisor at work and deliberately omitted some adverse health history information about this guy from his job application to help him get a job there. Worked out fine as he worked there for quite a few years before retiring.

He didn't have a lot, hence he was renting a small room in our not very big house, yet one Christmas he bought me and my brother a Scalextric set. Will never forget that.

Lovely bloke too.
Best Present you ever got on 14:35 - Mar 22 with 4575 viewsR_from_afar

My brother, my dad, my French uncle and I played it for hours. Eventually, the tops started to break due to all the impacts.

If you pulled the cord really hard, you could induce a power wobble because your top was spinning so incredibly fast. Some of the impacts were terrific and a top would be blasted across the room. As the tops slowed down, you sometimes ended up with a nail-biting finish in which just two tops were left in the ring, both barely still spinning.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Best Present you ever got on 14:51 - Mar 22 with 4538 viewsBluce_Ree

ZX Spectrum

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Best Present you ever got on 14:52 - Mar 22 with 4538 viewshubble

Battling Tops was a brilliant game. Bit concerned about your 'French Uncle' though, RFA.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Best Present you ever got on 15:24 - Mar 22 with 4491 viewsR_from_afar

Best Present you ever got on 14:52 - Mar 22 by hubble

Battling Tops was a brilliant game. Bit concerned about your 'French Uncle' though, RFA.

Did you think that was a euphemism, Hubble? He is the son of a French army general and married my aunt, who is English but who has lived in France since the 70s.

He was a good sport and would participate in all the daft activities my family engaged in. You should've seen him playing beach cricket. When he was bowling, he would come charging up to the stumps off a long run, looking like he was going to do a Jeff Thomson, then just chuck the ball. He wasn't very good at catching and some mean batters would deliberately sky catches towards him just to see him fumble them and fall into the sea. Naughty.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Best Present you ever got on 22:09 - Mar 23 with 4249 viewsitsbiga

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Best Present you ever got on 00:18 - Mar 24 with 4213 viewsFredManRave

It was, almost literally, out of this world.

A real "wow" moment showing just how far technology could go!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Best Present you ever got on 07:31 - Mar 24 with 4167 viewsMoonshineSteve

Best Present you ever got on 00:18 - Mar 24 by FredManRave

It was, almost literally, out of this world.

A real "wow" moment showing just how far technology could go!

I had one of those.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024